The Seafood Island Deal

L. Joe, My Secret Fiancé

“AHHHH!” Hana shouted to the top of her lungs.

She, together with her council members, has been preparing for that coveted semester end party and now they are experiencing a lot of difficulties to make this project push through.

And she is more than worn out and stressed out than ever.

“Calm down, Hana.” Jihyun tried to calm her. “I’m sure we’ll find a solution to this.” She assured.

Hana sighed deeply. “I don’t know. We have been working really hard for this to push through but why is everyone in the faculty room against this project? It’s not like they are the ones who are burdened by this!” She was damn deeply frustrated. She didn’t even know what she was talking about already.

Jihyun looked at her colleague. “Just be positive, okay? Everything will be fine.” Well, actually, she doesn’t know what will happen next.

One, the faculty members wouldn’t even budge to give this project a heads up.

Two, everyone in the campus seemed to be really pre-occupied with what they are planning for their vacation and does not even care about the semester end projects.

And lastly, everyone in the council has been worn out and frustrated and couldn’t work well.

“Thanks.” Hana muttered. If there was someone who should be strong in times like this, it should be the Student Council President, doesn’t it has to be like this?

Jihyun smiled. “No biggie.” She replied. “Just grab a hold of yourself.” She reminded her.

Hana smiled and nodded. Right now, she is feeling bad of how she is acting.

It was so unprofessional and un-leader-like.

Damn, she was too into her emotions and she forgot that this project is equally important for her and her council members.

She took a deep breath and started to plan more of the activities. They had to push this through. They didn’t work hard for how many weeks for this project to go to waste.

 

---

“How about using Jiho?” Minji suggested.

Hana gave her a look. “What do you mean?” She asked.

Minji smiled. “Use Jiho to gain the project attention.” She replied. “Your boyfriend is like the best rapper in town and if you convince him to show a little of his talent, then the people who wanted to have a match with him might be inspired to go to your project and battle with him, right?” She explained.

Hana gave Minji a look. Well, sometimes, she thinks Minji has that psychiatric problem solving ability that makes everything look really light. “Good point.” She acknowledged. “But do you think he would agree on that? He really doesn’t want to battle with just anyone.” She replied.

Minji sighed. “He would do it if you told him.” She said. “You know that he has no philosophy when it comes to you.” She smiled and wriggled her brows.

Hana shook her head. “No I don’t think so.” She rejected the thought.

Ever since they started dating, Jiho would have this certain authority at something and sometimes, Hana couldn’t break that certain barrier. It was innate for Jiho to be in control. Hana has been trying her best to break that habit but she couldn’t. So, she let it be.

“Aww come on, Kim Hana!” Minji exclaimed. “He would. Trust me.” She insisted.

Hana laughed. “I’m betting my life, he wouldn’t.” She resisted.

Minji shook her head. Sometimes, her best friend is really stubborn.

 

---

“Okay, I would do it.”

Hana’s jaw dropped when she heard Zico agree to her suggestion.

Damn, she didn’t know it would be this easy.

“Really?!” Hana asked in disbelief.

Zico looked at Hana. “Yes. Why? I thought the project COULD push through.” He replied as he was writing some rap pieces on a piece of tissue paper.

Hana shook her head in disbelief. She really couldn’t believe that Zico is starting to defy his philosophy in rap now. Sure, she loved Zico to rap but she also loves how he respects rap battle. And now, he is somewhat defying that respect.

How could Hana not love him more?

“But will there be people who would battle with you?” Hana asked.

Zico smiled. “I don’t know.” He replied. “But I want to help you. I want to remove what stresses you the most. So, I don’t care if there or there will not be.” He remarked as he gave her a warm smile.

Hana suddenly felt her heart start to get overwhelmed because she suddenly couldn’t control her feelings.

“Thanks.” She muttered. She was controlling her feels okay.

Zico smiled. “Anything for you.” He remarked, making Hana smile her heart out.

How could she love him less?

 

“Wow. ‘THE ZICO CHALLENGE’.” Ricky was awed by the poster that was hanging on the Bulletin board.

It was about the big semester end event and everyone was getting giddy because finally, the RAP GOD would impart some of his skills for the crowd.

First time since he only showed his skills underground or on the field. Never at school.

The rest of the Teen Top read the poster.

“Wow. He actually agreed on this?” Chunji asked.

CAP smiled. “Well, maybe Hana asked him to.” He replied.

“Whipped.” L.Joe mumbled.

Niel chuckled. “Says the one who bought a tub of ice cream for her craving girlfriend.” He teased L.Joe, which earned him a death glare from his hyung.

Changjo looked at Niel.

“WHAT?” Niel mouthed.

Changjo just shook his head. *Sometimes, the hyungs are just so annoying.* He thought as he looked at the poster himself.

“Should we join?” CAP asked L.Joe.

L.Joe sighed. “I don’t want to lower my standards.” He replied as he coolly walked away.

Teen Top chuckled.

“Competitive freak.” Chunji mumbled.

“Hey, I heard that, Lee Chanhee.” L.Joe hollered making the Teen Top boys laugh as they followed L.Joe.

“Do you think he will join?” Ricky asked Changjo quiet enough to not let L.Joe hear.

Changjo shrugged. “I don’t know. Maybe? Maybe not?” He responded unsurely.

Ricky rolled his eyes. “Yeah. That helped.” He replied sarcastically.

Changjo rolled his eyes. “Then don’t ask me. Do I look like I can read hyung’s mind?!?” He asked angrily.

Ricky made faces. “Lalala.” He teased as he ran towards L.Joe because Changjo was already chasing him.

Chunji, CAP and Niel just shook their head as they watched the maknaes pester on L.Joe who was walking quietly.

“I think he will join.” CAP said.

Chunji smirked. “I think so too.” He agreed. “With his competitiveness, of course, he would challenge Zico.” He added.

Niel nodded. “I agree with you hyungs!” He butted in as he slung his arms over his hyungs’ shoulders.

 

---

“So, how was the project going?” L.Joe asked Hana who was wiping the dining table off.

Hana sighed. “I don’t know. But my members said that a lot of people have been signing up for that ‘THE ZICO CHALLENGE’ campaign.” She replied.

L.Joe nodded as he drank a glass of water. Well, yeah. Everyone is actually talking about the challenge.

Hana looked at him. “Aren’t you going to sign up?” She asked.

L.Joe blinked at her. Did he hear her right? She wants him to sign up? *Is she crazy?*

“What?” Hana asked. “I heard you are as good as Jiho. You could battle with him.” She suggested.

L.Joe laughed at her. He couldn’t fathom why Hana would want him to face her boyfriend. Does she want to embarrass her man? (Okay, this is probably what L.Joe is thinking.)

“Why are you laughing?” Hana asked. “It’s not like I cracked a joke.” She added.

L.Joe shook his head. “You want ME to challenge ZICO, your boyfriend?” He asked as if that is the most impossible thought of the century.

Hana nodded. “Unless you are scared.” She replied.

L.Joe scoffed. “ME? SCARED?” He asked in a louder voice.

How could he be scared? He knows he’s way better than Jiho at pretty much everything.

Hana nodded. “Are you?” She asked back.

L.Joe scoffed. “Are you hearing yourself?” He asked. “Why would I be scared at Woo Jiho?” Hell that was one thing L.Joe would never accept.

“Then why don’t you challenge him?” She asked.

L.Joe rolled his eyes. “I just don’t want to.” He replied. Well, he really doesn’t want to waste his time preparing for Zico, that’s why.

“You’re scared.” Hana mumbled.

L.Joe narrowed his eyes on Hana. “No. I’m not!” He insisted.

“Then join!” Hana bribed.

L.Joe clucked his tongue. “FINE! I will join!” He gave in. “But you’ve got to treat me to Seafood Island after!” He replied in a condition.

Hana laughed. “Fine. I’ll treat you to Seafood Island.” She accepted the condition. Why did she even agree? Did she just want to see L.Joe rap?