(Health) How to look good even when you're sick

❀ Beauty's Amulet ❀

I got a very bad cough yesterday and since I'm staying at home resting, I might as well upload a chapter on how to look good even when you're sick.

I hate it when ever I'm sick, not only does it make my appearance look worse, it also puts me in a bad mood. So let's start with some tips!

1. Find the right tissues

If you have a cold, you'll certainly be blowing your nose alot. To prevent a red and irritated nose, try using an opting for lotion-treated tissue.

2. Stay hydrated

You're normally a little dehydrated when you're sick which will also affect the look of your skin. Remember to use a facial moisturizer in morning and also at night to prevent the unhealthy, dry look. You'll also protect your skin from thee nose-blowing friction as well. Don't forget to put moisturizer on before you head out!

3. Use teabags to soothe puffy eyes

To soothe puffy eyes, try this: Get two cold and wet teabags and place them over your eyes while lying down for 15 minutes.

4. Prime your face

Since you'll be blowing your nose, sneezing and rubbing your eyes when you're sick, start off with a face primer before putting any other make-up on. This will help your make-up stay on your face longer. You should also put on lip and eyes primers too.

5. Conceal

look for a highly-pigmented, opaque concealer that isyellow-based and is slightly paler than your skin tone to hide the redness of your nose.

6. Skip the base and powder

Don't put on base or powder because it's easy for it to look cakey when you're dehydrated. Instead, top your moisturizer with mineraly foundation which will conceal and even out your skin without making it look dry.

7. Add colour 

Add some colour to your skin. Use a little amount of bronzer and some peach-tones cream blush for a healthier-looking glow.

8. Brighten up the eyes

Dab some pale, shimmery beige or gold creamy eyeshadow on your lids and also the inner corner of your eyes to contrast any redness or dullness in the eye area.

9. Use a waterproof mascara

To avoid your a washout caused by sneezes and sniffles, stick with a waterprrof mascara.

10. Keep your lips smooth and shiny

Wehn you're sick, your lips tend to get super chapped. Rub them gently witha warm, wet washcloth to remove the flakes. Put on a good lip balm afterwards. Stick with a tinted lip balm or gloss in a neutral tone for a fresh appearance.

11. Always smile

Smiling makes you look happier and healthier even when you're not.

12. Warm clothes

You can always look fashionable while wearing warm clothes, it'll also keep you warm and you might recover faster.


 

Sorry for not updating in a while and hope this helped~ I know it's hard to make an effort when you're sick but you'll like the results:)

 

-woaismiles