(Skin Care) Washing your face

❀ Beauty's Amulet ❀

Washing your face? Splash with water and soap. Done! But did you know that there's more to it? Here are some tips.

 

  •  Remove all your make-up before washing your face with a cleansing foam. Cleansers aren't able to get rid of the make-up on your face  so removing make-up beforehand using a oil-based cream or make-up removing wipes is recommended. This applies to all skin types.

 

  •   If you have oily skin, you should wash your face in the mornings, at night, and after sweaty workouts. This will prevent breakouts. But if you have dry or sensitive skin, it is better to wash your face once in the evenings. This is because washing your face too often  may dry and irritate your skin. 

 

  •   Wash your face in the shower. During showers, hardened oil in the pores are softened by the mild steam so it is a good idea to cleanse in   the shower.

 

  •    Choose your cleanser carefully according to your skin type. Have oily skin? Search for cleansing foams that makes your skin feel super    clean. Have dry skin? Search ones with moisturisers like glycerin or shea butter. 

 

  •     Avoid fragrance. It is claimed that fragrance irritates the skin. This applies to all skin types but especially for  sensitive          skin. 

 

  •   Did you know that if you have the right cleanser, you don't need a toner? Well, it's true. But if you want, avoid alcohol-           based toners since they strip off natural oils from our skin. 


tumblr_inline_mmhij2Dj641qz4rgp.jpg

 

 

Fun Fact: 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Recommended Cleansing Foam:   Happy Teatime Aloe Tea Cleansing Foam [Etude House]etude-house-happy-teatime-aloe-tea-clean

I've been using this cleansing foam for quite a while now. When my old cleanser runs out, I hestitated to buy this new product. (I have really sensitive skin by the way.)  I'm really glad that this does not irritate my skin. It does contain some fragrance though but nothing too excessive. I really love the refreshing feeling it gives after I've washed my face. 

 

 

-floramaknae