(Skin Care) How to get rid of acne

❀ Beauty's Amulet ❀

Acne is usually a big problem for teenagers. In my last few years of primary school, parts of my face was covered in acne and it took me a while to get rid of them. I understand how it feels so I've found some solutions which might help those people who have acne.

1. Exercise more often

Exercise is a big help to getting rid of acne. It reduces oil-production by releasing endorphins which lower stress levels. It also makes you sweat which cleans out dead skin cells. It doesn't only help you get rid of acne, it'll also help you stay in shape so I'd advise you to excercise around 30 minutes per day... maybe dance to some kpop songs or something:)

2. Stop the habit of touching your face

Be careful about scratching your face, resting your face on your hands or touching your pimples. DO NOT pop your zits or squeeze those nasty blackheads as this will only cause more bacteria to go into your skin and make your acne worse. I do this quite often as well so don't worry if this is one of your habits, I've found a way to solve this problem. It works for me, I made myself learn how to solve a rubix cube (Yes, Luhan influenced me if you're asking that question) and the cube has attracted my hands away from my face:) You might want to find something to keep your hands busy~

3. Remember to shower often

If you shower regularly, it lowers oil production, kills bacteria and wash away the dead skin cells. Wash your entire body with body cleanser and also wash your hair often to keep the oil production low. It's a good idea to shower after exercising to remove dead skin cells.

4. Eat healthy food

Eating too much food that are highly processed and contain alot of oils can increase the amount of acne on your body. Eating more whole-grains, fruits, vegetables and protein can help your skin regenerate faster and reduce the amount of unnecessary oil production. Try to avoid junk food (I know it's hard but itt'll be worth it).

5. Minimum 8 hours of sleep a day

If you don't get enough sleep each day, that means your skin won't have enough time to renew its skin cells. Try creating a routine like going to bed at 10 o'clock and then waking up at 6 o'clock, your choice as long as you get enough sleep.

6. Drink water

Water helps detoxify your body and purify your skin. Try drinking around 8 glasses of water each day but avoid drinkning water near bed time as it can bloat your face.

7. Wash fabrics

Wash your fabrics (towels, pillow cases, sheets) once a week and also wash your clothes after wearing it for around two-three days to remove oil and bacteria that has been built up over the week.

8. Use oil-free makeup

For the people who wear make-up, find a acne-fighting oil-free mineral make up to prevent your acne from getting worse while trying to cover them. Try not to wear too much mae-up over the day and always remember to wash your face and make sure it's all clean.

9. Exfoliate your face

You can always find face exfoliant at a supermarket or a pharmacy/ drugstore to scrub off the dead skin cells that have been built up over the day.

10. Use toner after washing your face

After washing your face, exfoliating or using a face mask, use a toner to tighten your pores making it harder dirt and oil to be trapped in them. I usually get my toners from a make up store and they work really well so personally I'd recommend you to go buy them there but you can always find some at a supermarket or a pharmacy/ drugstore.

11. Remember to use a moisturizer

Don't always think that because you have oily skin, you shouldn't use a moisturizer. No. That is not the case. The reason is because if your skin is too dry, your skin naturally produces oil which may cause breakouts so always remember to put on moisturizer.

12. Dermatologist

I am not a professional so if you have any problems, visit your nearest dermatologist, I'm sure they'd be able to help:)


 I will post another chapter on how to get rid of acne scars hopefully in a few more days... hope this chapter helped:)

School is starting soon:( I won't be able to update as often... sorry.

 

-woaismiles