✰ 4th member revealed!

✰ violet stars 〈 story starting. 〉

 

Music

JYP and SM Entertainment join forces!

by kpoppunks, MusicChibi, & kimxbb - October 23, 2013 at 11:30 am 20130 Views 122 Comments

It's been nearly a week since SM Entertainment unveiled the third member of its upcoming girl group, Violet Stars, and now the lineup revelation has officially passed its halfway point! But with only four girls to go, what could SM Entertainment possibly have in store for us next? Wonder no further, for the wait for Violet Stars' "knight" in shining armor is finally over!

Today, the musical mega-corporation released the identity of Violet Stars' fourth member: Kwak Sunbi! Established as the group's main rapper and leader, Miss Sunbi was born on August 16, 1991, setting her just six months shy of being the group's oldest member. (For those who can't do the math, that means she's currently 22 years old.) Sunbi is also reported to be the member with the longest training period out of the four revealed members—despite joining SM Entertainment in only 2010—having previously trained under the guidance of JYP Entertainment since she was 17.

Netizens are now speculating that the newest Violet Stars member may be one and the same with the Sunbi credited by EXO's Kim Joonmyun in the thank-you section of the popular boy band's debut album. However, Violet Stars' hopeful fans are already brushing off the claims in attempts to avoid online catfights and dating rumors, citing the abundance of stylists and other worker bees sharing the name within SM Entertainment.

So, allkpoppers, what's your take on the situation? Is Violet Stars in good hands under Sunbi's leadership? Stay tuned to find out!


*KPOPPUNKS — Wooo, congratulations to our first chosen applicant, Bypass! We all really enjoyed your application and thought Sunbi would make for an interesting dynamic as the group leader! (And don't worry about the Suho tidbit in the article; it'll still be a secret in the story, but I couldn't really pick anything else from your application to focus on. xD By the way, when we looked over your app again, we weren't sure: did you want it to be a secret from the rest of the group or no?) Anyway, we're still waiting on apps from a few of you who received deadline extensions. Don't forget that those are due by 11:59 PM EST TOMORROW, OCTOBER 24! (EDIT: oops, fixed error bc author-nim cannot do math*)

*KIMXBB — Hey guys! I'm happy that we're finally announcing the rest of the girls. We're really excited to start the fic. :D