✰ chapter 1 — ❝ good morning, starshine. ❞

✰ violet stars 〈 story starting. 〉

 

WET KRIS THAT IS ALL.
by musicpunksbb
Posted on October 29, 2013 18:20:26
Tags exo omfgggwetkris violetstars | Report Content

 

asASKDGLASKglkaglkagl;

no.

just.

KLSJDGKASJD OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG DYING EVERYWHERE FROM FEELS RIGHT NOW

DID YOU GUYS SEE THAT VIOLET STARS PREDEBUT SHOW

WITH

EXO

WHERE

KRIS

GOT

WET.

I AM 3000000000000000% DONE WITH LIFE

I EXPECTED HIM TO BE FAT OR SOMETHING I MEAN WHY ELSE WOULD HE CONSTANTLY BE COVERING HIMSELF UP LOL

UGGGH SO HOt

BUT YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE IS HOT

THEIR MANAGER

DID YOU GUYS SEE VIOLET STARS' MANAGER.

YOU SAW HIM RIGHT.

HE WAS HOT WITH A CAPITAL HOT LORD I CAN'T EVEN--

THE GIRLS WERE OKAY TOO BUT LIKE KRIS AND THEIR MANAGER /SHOT/ WHAT IS AIr

my friend was like O MAI GAH KAI IS SHIRTLESSSS but i was like u c him shirtless every day #ok now back to kris.

...

asfdljaskjdfksjdfa.

*breathes*

ok so there was a segment where they went around and had all the boys give their opinions on the girls (i think the girls did it too but idr)

AND KRIS GAVE HIS COMMENT WET. /SHOT AGAIN/

i don't remember exactly what he said (i rewatched it a couple times but only cuz he was wet ok) it was like some generic "they're a great addition to sm their hard work made me really happy" sort of mumbo jumbo

chanyeol tho. he has the hots for liza calling it right now. that greasy smile he gave when he said they were beautiful but "liza is the cutest"

just... no.

P.S. WHY IS THERE A COMMENT ABOUT SHIRTLESS KAI WHEN THERE IS WET KRIS.

Comments
Comments are moderated. Keep it cool. Critical is fine, but if you're rude to one another (or to us), we'll delete your stuff. Have fun and thanks for joining the conversation!

MusicChibi on Oct 27, 2013 10:21:37 says:
SHIRTLESS KAI OKAY LIKE DONE WITH LIFE
Reply


kpoppunks on Oct 27, 2013 10:21:37 says:
dead not alive any longer
Reply


kimxbb on Oct 27, 2013 10:21:37 says:
Wow, Kris is a bit flabby. >.> /bricked
Reply

 



✰ chapter 1 — ❝ good morning, starshine.

The apartment door swings open, and immediately, the crew is greeted by a short, sable-haired female staring blankly back at it. She knits her eyebrows and glances between the visitors in confusion. "Hi. Um, who are you again?"

Shuffling as noiselessly as possible, the crew blinks at her response. "We're here to film your pre-debut show," a woman answers.

The girl's face instantly lights up in recognition, and she steps aside to pull the door fully open. "Oh, sorry! Come in."

The muffled pitter-patter of footsteps fills the living room as the crew quietly squeezes inside. There, the group awkwardly stands around as the girl, who seems to already have forgotten about the cameras spying on her every move, promptly ambles over to the dining table and takes a seat. She alternates between staring absently into a cup of coffee and taking tiny sips for several minutes before a cameraman finally clears his throat.

"Miss, we're supposed to be filming a wake-up segment for the show. Can you wake the other Violet Stars members up?"

At the sound of the man's voice, the girl twitches in her seat, seemingly snapping out of a trance. She proceeds to blink at the crew, as if not even aware of them in the first place, before sighing, "But won't they be tired if I wake them? I'll let them sleep a little longer..."

Multiple groans ring throughout the living room.

"Why don't you acquaint yourself with the audience for our introduction segment now, then?" the woman from before suggests.

The young girl nods in understanding, and she finally sets aside her mug as she rises to her feet. From there, she bows to the camera and smiles brightly for the first time. "Good morning, audience! I'm Violet Stars' maknae, Catherine—oops, I mean Rine! I'm the group's lead rapper and vocalist." As she finishes, she blinks between the crew members one by one. "Is that enough?"

"Tell us something interesting about yourself," the cameraman suggests. But before Catherine can speak another word, a chime rings from somewhere in the kitchen, and she wanders off to check on it. Several crew members squeeze into the tight kitchen space as the maknae slips on a pair of mitts and opens the stove. Out she pulls a fresh-baked pizza, raising more than one eyebrow from the crew; the sun has yet to crack the horizon.

"I'm making breakfast pizza," Catherine announces in a sing-song voice. The sound of sizzling bacon and aroma of molten chocolate fill the air. "Jaehwa likes my pizza, so sometimes I make it for breakfast if I wake up first. To be fair, I split it into two halves: one for Jae and the other side for the rest of us. Jae's side has pepperoni, bacon, onions, anchovies, extra cheese, and chocolate Pocky, while our half has just bacon to keep it more suited to everybody's taste."

The cameras stay focused as Catherine fetches a pizza wheel from a drawer and sets to work cutting the pie into ten slices. The job is just about finished when, out of nowhere, a bunny-faced girl sporting a dyed-brown bedhead squeezes past the crew through the doorway, a rolled-up newspaper in hand.

"What's going on, Rinnie?" she mumbles through a yawn, scooping a piece of pizza up from the counter.

"We're filming member introductions," the lady crew member suddenly cuts in. "Where's your manager?"

Catherine sighs quietly. "He's out running errands. I used Jae's last box of Pocky for the pizza, so..."

The crewwoman turns to stare at the anonymous member expectantly. In return, the brunette takes a bite out of her pizza and blinks back at the workers. Finally, she spits out between chews, "What?"

"Well?"

"Well...?"

"Introduce yourself."

"Oh, I'm sorry. I'm a bit out of it," the girl laughs before setting the pizza back onto the counter. She quickly tousles her messy hair in her fingertips, somehow straightening it, before turning to the camera with a grin. "Hello! I'm Violet Stars' Light, but you can call me Younghwang! I'm the main vocalist and also the happy virus. I'm also the resident horoscope reader!"

Finishing the introduction, she turns to Catherine and unfurls the newspaper in her hand. "Usually, when everyone's up, I read out our horoscopes, but today I'll just do mine and Rine's. Let's see..." Younghwang hums to herself as she scans the pages. "Rine, you're a Libra, right?"

Catherine nods.

The brunette clears . "October 16, 2013: 'Recently, you may have encountered people who are considerate, understanding, and nonjudgmental. You are in touch with your more sensitive, spiritual side. Maybe today's the day to confide your secrets in those who care.'"

"I wonder what it means..."

"And here's mine! 'Progressive changes may soon enter your life and relationships, making this an enjoyable and exciting time. This is an upbeat, refreshing period in your life, Aquarius. The changes are extraordinary, but they are a definite revolution in your life.'"

Catherine gasps. "They're talking about our debut!"

"I know, right?" Younghwang brusquely slaps the newspaper down on the kitchen counter before picking her piece of pizza up again and turning to the cameramen. "I guess we should show off our dorm room now?"

Without even waiting for the crew's response, she pushes her way out of the kitchen, dragging Catherine along in tow. The two girls head through the living room toward the short hall bordering it, slipping into an open door as the cameramen hurry to catch up. The dorm room Catherine and Younghwang wait inside is just a notch short of tidy. Posters of topless idols from 2PM to BTOB cover half the walls, effectively dividing the room into two sides.

"The walls are without them!" Younghwang harks as the camera zooms in on the pictures. Her side is the "messy" one with the occasional piece of clothing scattered here, there, and about. Jammed into the corner are a TV surrounded by video game consoles and a desk.

"This is where I usually play League of Legends," she explains, pointing at the empty desk, "but Jason, our manager, took away most of our electronics. Right now, I'm coping with Pokémon X. Jae and Rine play it, too. She fell asleep last night in the middle of our battle!"

Sure enough, a midnight purple 3DS rests atop the bed on the opposite side of the room, half tucked beneath a neatly arranged array of dragon plushies. Catherine flushes as the camera turns its focus to her domain. "I have a lot of dragon plushies because Younghwang dotes on me too much. I don't know why..."

"And there's Yesung's turtle. Rine's babysitting him," Younghwang points out, redirecting the room's attention to an aquarium sitting atop a short bookshelf. The girls both press their faces to the glass for a closer look at the tiny reptile inside. "The turtle... It looks like you're starving him."

Catherine frowns. "No, I'm not."

"Where's the lettuce?"

She blinks at Younghwang. "You're supposed to feed them lettuce?"

The older girl laughs, but before she can reply, the crewwoman cuts her off, by this point tapping her foot impatiently. "I think it's about time for the other members to get up, correct?"

Younghwang nods. "Right! Rine, go wake up Sunbi and Haneul. I'll take care of Jae and Younghee."

Catherine peels her face away from the aquarium, nodding once at her group mate in understanding. She disappears from the room, leaving the crew muttering amongst itself as to how the cameramen will shoot the separate scenes. Finally, one worker suggests, "Let's just split up and get this over with."

And with that, the crew divides itself in half as one group exits in search of Catherine. The maknae is staring blankly at a closed door as the men approach, and it's not until one crewmember clears his throat that she seems to snap out of her rapture. "Sorry!" she squeaks before grabbing the doorknob and twisting it.

The door opens slowly, and the maknae's head quietly pokes in. She fumbles for the light switch, flipping it on as the room is flooded with light. Revealed to the cameras is a mess of comforters and bed sheets, a feminine figure cocooned somewhere within. Her eyes are veiled by a silky, hot-pink eye mask, her arms looped around what looks to be a giant avocado. Carefully, Catherine crosses the room toward the girl and perches on the mattress beside her. She taps her on the shoulder, leaning in close to whisper a ghostly, "Haneul, wake up."

The girl shudders. "Crikey, Rine! I told you to stop waking me up like that."

"Sorry," Catherine mumbles, "but we're doing member introductions for the camera..."

At this, Haneul instantly whips her eye mask off, her eyes fluttering from Catherine to the camera crew. The girl immediately bolts upright, smiling dazzlingly into the lens as she runs a set of slender fingers through her satiny chocolate-brown hair. "Oh, hello there! I'm Violet Stars' Liza. I'm one of the lead vocalists and the group's visual."

Haneul winks, and the male members of the crew can't help but grin at the young girl's vibrance. The maknae, on the other hand, ignores the spectacle as she in turn rises from the mattress to move on to the next member. The cameras pan to the right, revealing a brunette figure neatly tucked into bed, a string of saliva leaking from the girl's wide-open mouth.

Haneul lets out a giggle. "She's drooling."

"She must be tired," Catherine remarks as she taps the sleeping member on the shoulder. But before she can say or do anything else, Haneul loudly chirps.

"Rise and shine, sleepyhead!"

The snoozing girl suddenly grumbles, slowly opening her eyes. She hardly has time to ascertain the situation before Haneul advises, "You should wipe that."

"Huh?" the brunette mumbles groggily as she swats at the side of . She dabs her cheek dry and proceeds to blink a few times to clear her eyes, only to end up yawning loudly.

"Sorry," Catherine repeats, "but a crew is here for our pre-debut show..."

The girl's eyes widen as she turns to face the camera, slowly pulling herself upright. Her hand rises, waving stiffly, before she looks back to Catherine. "Where's Jason?"

"He's out running errands."

All traces of humor leave the girl's face as her brow creases into a hard V-shape. "And you just let these strangers into our dorm anyway?" she scolds, sending Catherine shrinking back at the admonishment.

"Oh, come on now!" Haneul barks. "Nobody likes a wowser, Sunbi. Go on and introduce yourself."

Sunbi sighs before directing her attention back to the cameras. Suddenly coyly, she rises to her feet and bows ninety degrees to the crew. "Hello. I'm Kwak Sunbi, Violet Stars' Knight. I'm the leader of the group, and I'm in charge of rap. It's nice to meet you."

"Can you show us around your room?" a member of the crew suggests, and instantly, Haneul perks up.

"Oh, yes!" she bursts, bouncing up from her bed with marked poise. As she motions toward her surroundings, she sings, "This is my side of the room."

Nearly everything in Haneul's domain is flecked with pink blobs, from the bedspread to the trinkets lining the vanity to her nightgown itself. In particular, one shelf is covered with collectibles featuring the popular Nintendo character, and Sunbi points this fact out right away. "Our Haneul isn't much of a gamer like Younghwang, but she does collect everything with Kirby in it."

Haneul sighs. "What can I say? I love that pink blob. He's just so cute! But more importantly"—she waves the camera's focus toward the vanity tucked into the corner beside her bed—"my vanity! I have a glittery hand mirror that's my little baby, but this? This is my big baby. It comes in handy when I need to fix my hair or do my makeup," she explains, winking at her own reflection.

"But enough about me," Haneul begins to say, but the camera has already grown bored with the girl's vanity and redirected its attention toward the other side of the room.

Sunbi's area is rather plain; its most notable feature is an acoustic guitar propped against the side of a desk and a half-knitted muffler furled up atop it. The leader bustles about, picking up scattered pieces of paper left around the room, as she elucidates for the audience, "There's not much to my room. I try to keep it clean..."

"But sometimes it gets messy," Haneul remarks, picking up an empty instant ramen cup from the floor and tossing it into a neighboring trashcan. "It's never too messy or too clean, though. It's..."

"In-between," Sunbi finishes with a refined smile.

Across the hall, Younghwang barges into a sealed bedroom, barking at one of the crew members to turn on the light. In one hand she carries a piece of chocolate-spiced pizza, in the other a pot, and a pan is tucked into her underarm. Curiosity piqued by the display, the camera zooms in on a member lying flat on her stomach, the covers kicked down to her feet. Younghwang giggles at the sleeping girl's loud snores and sets the pot and pan aside to hover the lukewarm pizza right by the girl's nose.

Immediately, a hand snatches it from her. The girl bolts upright, taking a huge bite out of the pizza. Blinking, she looks up at the girl and smiles goofily.

"Can I has more?"

"Introduce yourself first," Younghwang laughs.

The hungry girl finishes chewing on the mouthful of pizza, away the sauce that she got on her fingers. "Okay! Hi! I'm Jae, main dancer and sub-vocals for Violet Stars, and I am the food eater." She throws up a peace sign, grinning at the camera. "I hope you'll look forward to our debut!"

And with that said, the girl bounces up, bounding out of the room in a jiffy. Younghwang shakes her head, sighing, "She'll be back. In the meantime..."

The brunette retrieves the pot and pan, motioning an idle cameraman toward a bed on the other side of the room. Beneath the covers lies the outline of a second sleeping figure, covered head to toe by the blanket. Clearly not aiming to be delicate, Younghwang holds the pot and pan right beside the head of the cloaked girl, all too suddenly banging the items together as a raucous clank! thunders through the air. Instantly, yet another brunette throws the blanket off of herself and glares murderously at Younghwang, who smiles innocently back at her.

"Younghee, it's time to wake up."

"Is that really necessary?" the other complains, promptly confiscating the pot and pan from the older girl's possession. Younghwang merely rolls her eyes.

"Yeah, sorry and all, but they're here to film our intros. Remember?"

Younghee grumbles something unintelligible under her breath as her eyes dart across the room. Immediately noticing Jaehwa's absence, she flips the covers fully off her body and rises to her feet. "Did I oversleep? Why didn't you wake me up to wake everyone up?" she gripes before seeking out the nearest camera. Her eyes connect with the lens, and she bows in respect to the audience. "I'm Younghee, Violet Stars' second lead vocalist. How do you do?"

"Can you show us around your room?" one cameraman begins to suggest—only to be interrupted as the missing Jaehwa suddenly moonwalks through the doorway, holding a plate piled high with three slices of pizza and four pancakes in one hand. In the other, she balances a glass full of milk. The cameras pan to the girl as the crewmember inquires, "Are you going to eat all that?"

"Of course!" Jaehwa beams. She proceeds to stuff her face full of pancake as the crewmen blink in awe. Younghee, on the other hand entirely unfazed by the dancer's behavior, clears .

"I'll show you around now," she announces, waving them to the first area of interest: the girl's desk. Younghee's workspace is perhaps the most neatly arranged in the dorm. Carefully stacked textbooks rest atop the desk, alongside a thick notebook and a pair of glasses. Grabbing the spectacles, Younghee slides them onto her face, pushing them up the bridge of her nose with a forefinger. "This is where I take notes and study. I want us to do our best, so I note things we can all improve on."

"And much more excitingly, here's Younghee's celebrity crush!" Younghwang exclaims, pointing at a poster of a bright-faced American lad hanging on the bespectacled girl's wall.

The vocalist blushes. "Anton Yelchin," she elucidates. "He's handsome. I never knew my ideal type until I saw him in Star Trek." Growing embarrassed, she quickly scans the room for something else to talk about. The only other item left out in plain view is a CD, which she quickly fetches to show the camera. From the grey cover, a Japanese woman stares into the lens like a deer in headlights.

"Utada Hikaru's This Is the One," Younghee explains, tapping the title as it's written on the album cover. "She's a legend in Japan and composes all of her own music. I have 'This One' set as my ringtone right now."

"That's our Younghee for ya, a hardcore Utada fan." Younghwang throws a wink as she drapes her arm around the younger girl's shoulder, who seems to shudder. In a swift blink-and-you'll-miss-it moment, Younghee inches ever so slightly away from the girl's touch.

"Isn't it Jae's turn?"

She slips out of the older girl's hold and moves over to the side where Jaehwa sits munching on the second slice of pizza. The dancer frowns as she realizes she'll have to set the food aside for now, and with a forlorn sigh, she hops to her feet to begin the tour.

"This is my side of the room." Jaehwa motions to the walls covered nearly head to toe in pages torn from various magazines and cookbooks. "Everything you see here is a dish I found in a magazine and wanted to try. Circles mean I've tasted them at least once and they're a favorite. If I've tried it and I didn't like it"—she slides open the top-left drawer of her desk, where only one picture lies—"it ends up here."

"What is that?" a crewmember asks.

"Octopus ice cream," she recalls, sticking her tongue out in disgust. "That was not yummy at all." And in a one-eighty mood shift, she suddenly sniffles as she recalls the horrible event that still nearly brings her to tears. "I thought... I thought I would never be able to taste good food again after that, but..."

Younghee sighs, handing her the plate where one pancake remains as Younghwang pats her on the back. "There, there."

"It's okay!" Jaehwa grins again. "After I ate it, Younghwang and Rine bought me Pocky to feel better."

For the most part, Jaehwa's side of the room is clean, discounting the walls covered in tacked-on photo clippings. A bookshelf pushed against the wall is lined with empty food boxes and soda cans—a collection of sorts—and atop some snack wrappers sits a black 3DS.

"I take it you play as well?" the cameraman asks. "I recall earlier that Younghwang said you and Rine all play Pokémon together."

"Yes," Jaehwa mumbles in-between chews, now munching on the last of the pancakes. "We all pitched in to get the newest game for Rine's birthday a couple days ago. I like the water types: Blastoise because he can eat a lot, Krabby because he's the ultimate cute and probably tasty to boot, Suicune because I wish he was my pet, Shellder, Politoed, Mudkip—"

"And with that said," the woman from before cuts in, "I believe it's about time we wrapped this up."

"But I want more food," Jaehwa sighs, poking at the empty plate with her fork.

 

Grinning madly, Younghwang pops out of the dressing room with a wave, suddenly sporting a blonde bob-cut wig. Jaehwa follows donning colorful hair extensions, and the rest of the girls appear on set one by one soon after, all showcasing variations of their own umber hairstyles. Haneul twirls a trademark brunette ringlet in her finger as she and the five other Violet Stars members bow to the film crew and, more notably, the twelve seniors they're sharing the set with: EXO.

"Please take care of us," Sunbi speaks for all as the group straightens back up. The boys nod and bow in respect, some waving at their female friends in greeting.

"Everyone will start here to get the choreography done and out of the way," Jason states. In turn, the girls peel their eyes from the handsome manager as he motions toward a backdrop that could only be described as another of SM Entertainment's infamous box sets. Rainbow-colored disco lights shine down in rays on the darkened room, and Jaehwa and Catherine both coo in wonder at the sight.

"Now," he finishes, "be sure to meet up with your partners and get some chemistry going, since the music video will focus on your interactions first and foremost. Let's get started!"

Coordinators flood the area, ready to touch up on any makeup mishaps, as Jason begins passing out copies of the storyboard to the girls. One by one, the young idols wander off in favor of their designated partners, weaving in-between the technicians making last minute touches to cords and light fixtures.

"Everyone, take your positions!" a male voice rings across the set. The eighteen bodies move into place before the cameras until suddenly, out of the blue, one of the girls trips over a bundle of cords.

"My Pocky!" Jaehwa cries out, unable to balance herself. Her falling body is caught by Minseok just in the nick of time, but the girl's gaze is glued to the box of Pocky now plummeting to the ground. It hits the floor, and immediately, the soft thud brings tears to Jaehwa's eyes. The box bursts open, and biscuit sticks cracked into pieces spill out. Pulling away from Minseok, she kneels beside the fallen box of Pocky and nuzzles it to her chest. "I'm so sorry, Pocky. I did not treat you well, but I will savor what is left, even if it is broken, because you deserve that much! Please forgive me for my sins and my ways. I will never drop you again."

Minseok coughs loudly. "Er... Is she always like this?"

"Yes, she is... special," Younghwang answers. The girl smiles awkwardly at the camera before patting Jaehwa on the shoulder in condolence. "Now, now, Jaehwa. Rine, Sunbi, or Jason can buy you another box of Pocky later. Right now, we need to film. Someone else can clean up the mess, and we'll get a new one after we finish filming, okay?"

Sniffling, Jaehwa nods in understanding and, after giving one last pitiful glance to her Pocky, mumbles to Minseok, "Thank you for catching me."

The girls bustle off to assume position, all the while Jaehwa pleading to give the Pocky a proper burial as Jason reminds the group that food is not allowed on set.

Take one does not run smoothly. Quite a few of the girls are nervous and it shows, but with some encouraging words from the boys, Violet Stars readily tries the dance once more. It's not until several takes later that the production crew is pleased with the results, and the director thus calls the first individual dance group to the stage for its solo take. Jaehwa and Younghwang join Yixing, Jongin, Jongdae, and Baekhyun on set as the remaining twelve scamper off, gratefully grabbing bottles of water from the managers along the way.

The cameras roll as the dancing group works through parts of the choreography, occasionally straying from the routine to throw in a freestyle segment. As Jaehwa dances off with Jongin and Yixing, Younghwang and Jongdae share in a dance that could only be described as "troll" (in the soft-spoken words of Catherine, who is observing from behind the camera, completely oblivious to Kyungsoo calling her to attention from her right), and Baekhyun mostly cheers the others on.

"Rine," Kyungsoo prods.

No reply.

"Rine," he repeats, and still, the girl stares blankly at the dancing tet onstage.

Kyungsoo clears his throat. Catherine just blinks.

"Rine.

"Rine.

"Rine.

"Rine.

"Rine.

"Rine."

"Catherine's not home right now," a passing Younghee remarks with a smirk, peeking up from the storyboard handout she's mid studying. "I'll take a message if you'd like."

Kyungsoo redirects his bug-eyed gaze to the other Violet Stars member and sighs. "I guess so. Remind her we gotta make pizzas for this Saturday. The homeless citizens of Seoul need our help, and hunger waits for nobody!"

"Sure," is all she says before burying her nose back in the papers. And with that, Kyungsoo shakes his head after one last glance at Catherine.

"Oh, sorry!" Catherine suddenly jumps, snapping out of her stupor. She blinks at the spot where Kyungsoo was standing mere seconds ago, but nobody's there. The girl stares at empty air for a long moment before suddenly spotting Kris standing off in the distance, in the middle of a discussion with Joonmyun and Sunbi. Immediately, she blushes and averts her eyes to the ground so as not to stare.

"Just remember not to be too strict on yourself or the other girls," Joonmyun advises the rising group's leader. "People need rest, and too much strictness can only create resentment within the band."

"Try not to be hard on the others," the blond giant agrees with a nod at Sunbi.

The brunette rubs the back of her head as she glances back and forth between the Chinese and Korean counterparts. "How do you control them when things get too chaotic? Catherine let a film crew in this morning while Jason was out, and I—"

Kris suddenly cuts Sunbi off with a loud laugh, earning puzzled looks from other two. He clears his throat and waves the gesture off with his hand. "Sorry, it's nothing."

"Group two, take your places!" the director yells into his megaphone as the first ensemble wraps up. Ironically, the three maknaes are paired with the leaders for this segment. Unlike the group before it, the second team moves awkwardly. Catherine, Zitao, and Sehun attempt to dougie—"attempt" being the keyword—as Kris, Sunbi, and Joonmyun encourage them from the focal sidelines. Suddenly, Joonmyun breaks out into Girls' Generation's infamous "Genie" dance, and although the other five immediately try to follow, the popular girl group's dance is long forgotten to the amusement of the managers and directors.

Haneul all but ignores the floundering choreography happening on set as she finds herself fighting back the urge to suddenly harm something, or rather, someone. Chanyeol grins.

"So, can I borrow your mirror?"

"No," she cuts, pulling the butterfly-adorned hand mirror out once more so that she can fix her hair by its reflection, ignoring the coordinators' requests not to touch it.

"Why do you like looking at yourself?"

Haneul nearly rolls her eyes. "Because I'm pretty. Isn't that much obvious?"

"Why won't you share with me?"

Because your creepy grin would crack the glass, she jabs inwardly. On the outside, she just bears a grin. "I'm germophobic," she lies, not peeling her gaze from the reflection for a second as she fluffs her hair from several angles.

"Awww, but what if I just washed my hands?"

"Still no."

"Not even for a minute?" the gangly-limbed giant whines. "What if I had a strand of hair out of place?"

"Then maybe you should go talk to Lily. Weren't you just telling Kris how you think she's the cutest coordinator, anyway?" She winks—more at her own reflection than Chanyeol, really—before carefully slipping the mirror back into her bag and turning away from him.

Finally, the third group's time to shine arrives. The leftover cast members, comprised of Haneul, Luhan, Chanyeol, Younghee, Kyungsoo, and Minseok saunter onto the stage. The song rolls in through the set speakers with a drum fill, and a cheesy arpeggiated synth line booms through the room. In time with the beat, the final ensemble falls into the rehearsed choreography perfectly—until Chanyeol suddenly breaks out of line and begins to bounce all around the set like a hyperactive puppy. Immediately, everyone stops and stares as he waves his arms and legs about wildly, motioning for the others to join in on his fun. Shrugging, Luhan and Minseok jump in, and after shaking his head, Kyungsoo eventually follows. Haneul and Younghee share indecisive glances before being pulled in by the male partners.

It's not much longer before filming for the choreography sequence begins to wind down to its end, and the next order of business is shooting for the story sequence. The music video itself doesn't have much plot to speak of, focusing primarily instead on the chemistry between the girls and their predetermined EXO partners. Luckily, it's a warm October day, and while the water park the clip is set at is technically closed in time for nearing winter, the company is granted special access for filming.

Most of the boys sport plain white t-shirts, save for the dancers in white tank tops and the oh-so-awkwardly shirtless Jongin, while the girls don bikinis paired with camisoles and halter tops. Catherine, the odd one out, is matched instead with a cream summer dress. The director and crew decide to split the party up, filming only one pairing at a time as the other sixteen stand by. Chanyeol spends his free time splashing an annoyed Haneul, who grits her teeth and ignores him in favor of trying to catch her mottled mirror image in the reflectors set up on set.

"I want more interactions between Younghee and Kyungsoo! I want them to seem closer! Have him splash water on her," the director barks. "Get that shot of Sunbi and Suho racing down the water slide again! I want two shots: one from above and one for when they reach the bottom. And get off break! I want that shot of Catherine and Sehun eating ice cream together! Tell them to play around a little, though! Spice it up! The song has a playful tune to it, so let's see some playfulness! Have Haneul and Luhan join the others and have a game of volleyball. Let Haneul to be the ref and have the boys fight over her because they don't want her with Luhan anymore. I want to see some action! Where are Younghwang and Jongdae? I want to see them doing something crazy! Show everyone their inner child! Their character! And we have Jongin shirtless, so I want to see more shirtless Jongin! I want to see more skin touching!"

Jason coughs. "I think you may be getting a little carried away. We don't need them to touch too much."

The director blinks, sighing as he remembers the company's reputation. "At least get a little more of Jaehwa and Jongin interacting, please."

"Definitely need more shirtless Jongin," Younghwang remarks suddenly from behind the two. Almost immediately, shrieks ring throughout the entire crew's earpieces that the girl has gone "missing."

"Please return to your set," Jason mumbles, flushing pink.

"It's okay, Jason. No need to be jealous," she laughs. "You're hot shirtless, too. My heart is big enough for the both of you."

The man turns in his seat, apparently dumbfounded by the girl's commentary. Younghwang's head bobs up and down, checking out the speechless man, until a stern look suddenly crosses his face. "Leave. Now."

Younghwang shrugs and, with a wave, is gone. Perhaps, she thinks to herself, she can convince one of the coordinators to let her own partner be shirtless... or, at the very least, soaking wet.

Hours seem to fly by as the pairings play together, recite the choreography once more for a water park dance sequence, and pose for the photographers for the debut single's concept photos and photo book. The final scenes are filmed, and shooting is just about wrapped up for the day.

"Sir, we have about thirty seconds left for this film," the camera operator informs the director.

But Kris Wu, who has somehow managed to stay dry from the waist up all day, doesn't hear this. The unsuspecting leader is in the middle of hushed conversation with Violet Stars' maknae, and he never sees what's coming as Younghwang and Jaehwa run up alongside Chanyeol and Jongdae, a bucket full of water in hand. With a battle cry, the quartet pours the contents of the bucket onto the man, leaving the pale spinning atop his head as three words ring through the air:

"Run for cover!"


*KPOPPUNKS — OH jEeeEeSUs IT ENDED UP BEING JUST SHORT OF 6K WITH THE BLOG POST /faints. But wow, two characters had waaay too much screentime. Not gonna name names, but... >_> This chapter is kind of weird because it's a very "outside" look at the girls, being the introduction and filmed for a TV show and all, but next time we'll start getting into their heads more and trying to do more interaction instead of general glazing over with EXO around. (◕‿◕✿) Please do let us know if we're portraying your character wrong, because there is at least one girl we think we're totallllly misinterpreting already, lmao. (BTW if you applied and didn't make the cut as one of the group members, you may have already spotted your character's name somewhere in this chapter~ (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧)

OH YEAH, I ALMOST FORGOT TO MENTION. Please don't private/hide/delete your app if you were accepted/still want a chance to make it in as a minor! Thanks, y'all.

*KIMXBB — I'm glad to get this started! We're oh-so very excited because we have so much planned for ya'll

*MUSICCHIBI — Whoot! Finally got the show on the road! We ended up making this longer than we thought it would be, but with so many characters, features, and so on, I suppose it'll be super busy with these girls, neh? We have so many things planned and we can't wait for you guys to see all the cool edits, events, and memories the girls will create together, so please stay tuned and thank you for all the support!<3