Begin Again

Begin Again

Begin Again

Pairing: Baekyeol (Baekhyun & Chanyeol)

Song: Begin again – Taylor swift

Created: 16th of September 2013

Finished: 20th of September 2013

Word count: 5,831

 

 

Baekhyun stared out of the misted café window solemnly. The glass had streaks of dirty lacing from the poor cleaning job it had undergone; but it still allowed one to gaze out onto the orange scenery behind it. It gave the scenery an almost surreal beauty.

Baekhyun sighed breaking his staring session. He knew it was September. The date? He was not too sure of. Though he was almost certain it was a Wednesday.

The trees flocking practically every street corner were bright and beautiful. The leaves a flare of crisp oranges and sickly sweet yellows due to the autumn that had come.

Baekhyuns favourite season used to be autumn. Baekhyun used to walk down the crayon coloured streets, a warm stripped scarf adorning his neck and covering his lips from the colds bitter kiss. Baekhyun used to hold hands with him. Baekhyun used to look up as he looked down. He used to pluck an ember leaf from a passing tree, and gently trace it, and place it behind Baekhyun’s ear.  He made Baekhyun feel warm. He made Baekhyun believe that that their mirage; their fairy-tale love would last forever; but Baekhyun should have known better. Nothing lasts forever.

 

 

‘And I’ve been spending the last 8 months thinkin’ all love ever does is break, and burn, and end…’

 

 

Baekhyun found himself sighing again, as if he were the vengeful wind tearing the fragile leaves from the trees. He decided not to dwell and remain in the past.

It had been eight months now; it was time to forget.

He tore his eyes away from the two faint outlines of his memory walking along the street outside; and instead stared down at the black coffee between his cold hands. He pressed his delicate fingers into the Styrofoam in some pleading attempt to warm his freezing hands. Baekhyun slowly lifted the cup to his pink lips and drank the bitter liquid in an almost melancholy fashion.

Once he had released the cup from his lips, he placed it back on the mahogany table and gave one last fleeting glance to the dark substance before turning his eyes to the other bodies occupying the café.

 

The walls of the café were a beautiful shade of purple that reminded Baekhyun of a fresh aubergine. There were framed water colour and pastel paintings covering most of the walls, taking the attention away from the dark paint. However with Baekhyun’s artistic eye he could clearly still see the dark paint in contrast to the light water colour paper and the soft pastel colours.

Baekhyun had been coming to this café for just a little over a month now. The traditional English café gave a warm, and welcoming feeling to all those who entered.

Byun Baekhyun found that warm filling.

He turned his eye lined eyes to the people sitting about the cosy room. Baekhyun felt a small, almost undetectable sense of longing as he viewed what he assumed to be a couple in the corner. They whispered sweet nothings in each other’s ears as though they were the only souls left alive on the sapphire earth. He resisted the urge to turn a bitter smile.

His eyes were then led to a mother and her daughter laughing and giggling merrily as they attempted the British cakes they had purchased. He was reminded to send his mother a bouquet of flowers in the coming days; just because she deserved them.

It was then on his wandering journey through these strangers that he found a pair of large, deep eyes staring into his. Baekhyun was taken aback for a moment, but he could not find the urge to pull away from the young strangers stare. His deep dark eyes reminded Baekhyun of a winter’s night sky. Dark and glistening beautifully with twinkling stars embedded within his eyes. Baekhyun found himself picking out constellations within the strangers earthly irises; revealing the man’s uttermost feelings so obviously.

Baekhyun swallowed an invisible lump obscured in his throat. He could honestly not remember the last time he had seen such devastatingly beautiful eyes. They took his breath away to say the absolute least.

Before he had time to think Baekhyun was turning his wide, shy gaze back to his coffee; which had remained jailed between his pale fingers. His heart echoed in his ears as he begged his mind and body not to try and find those starry irises again.

However his begging only seemed to fail as his own irises slid to their corners and tried to observe the man stealthily without him catching on.

The delicate upturn of the man’s plump lips only grew into a teeth baring smile as he noticed Baekhyuns side long glance.

Baekhyun watched with untold amazement at the handsome smile, and told himself that the bitter after taste of his coffee was the cause for the heat in his cheeks.

 

“I never did like autumn.”

Baekhyun’s eyes grew wide at the sound of the deep, smooth voice that echoed through his ears. It was such a pleasant, sensual sound that, Baekhyun found himself swallowing again. He turned his eyes up bashfully to the owner of that beautiful voice,

Baekhyun breath came out in a shaky whisper as he observed the giant towering above his table.

His auburn hair was curly, and sat atop his head like the sweetest birds nest Baekhyun had ever laid eyes on. His slender fingers itched with the urge to ruffle the nest of hair; just to see if beautiful song birds would erupt proudly and serenade him along with the stranger singing to him with that gorgeous voice of his.

His starry eyes watched the happenings outside the café with hints of disinterest flecked in his irises. His skin was pale, yet had a light glow as if this stranger carried not only a winter’s night sky in his eyes; but also a summer’s day on his skin.

He turned his eyes away and down to Baekhyun, smiling just as shyly as the other. He chuckled slightly, the sound tempting Baekhyun to close his eyes, block out all his other senses and solely focus on those deep vibrations.

“Do you mind if I sit here, with you?”

Baekhyun tried to smile, though he was sure it spread across his face with 80% less enthusiasm that he had wanted.

“Erm, no it’s fine. Go ahead.” Baekhyun almost whispered in a very timid voice, much to his dismay.

The stranger smiled and drew back the chair opposite Baekhyun. He folded his long legs underneath the mahogany table in an almost comical fashion, and looked up at Baekhyun before placing his lanky arms atop his side of the table.

Baekhyun had a much better view of the giant from this level. He found himself unconsciously admiring all the soft features presented to him.

He then recalled the strangers sweeping statement, and found himself growing with curiosity.

“Can I ask what you mean? About disliking autumn?” Baekhyun found himself asking before he had finished fully processing the thought.

The auburn head smiled before turning his eyes once more to the autumn wonderland beyond the glass.

“Autumn is beautiful. The colours are so strikingly beautiful and bright. It’s like watching a forest fire if nature dancing in your vision. So bright… but then they lose it all. They lose their beauty; it fades as fast as it is granted. The cold clutched of winter causes the once bright leaves to fade and rust and die. It’s sad that something so beautiful can be diminished and be taken away due to the cold that waits. It’s too much like life as we know it; beautiful things diminish into nothing.” He spoke with such sincerity. His face held a faint pain, as though he had seen beauty die first hand with his own galaxy ridden eyes.

Baekhyun felt his heart fluttering within his tight chest. His organs throbbing. Autumn is beauty; and beauty must eventually be taken.

Baekhyun watched as his memories came in flashbacks. Baekhyuns beautiful memories of a beautiful autumn that had come and gone; that had deceased. His relationship that had withered and died like leaves when winter began.

He was the deadly winter that destroyed the beautiful autumn.

He had become cold.

 

Baekhyun blew away the sour tasting memories from his mind and focused on the stranger in front of him.

Their gazes locked and Baekhyun smiled. The most genuine smile that had graced his lips in eight months. He found his own lips moving, the smile still attached to them. Keeping his defined black stare locked onto the smooth earthly gaze.

“You know, I don’t think I have ever heard something so true in my life.” Baekhyun’s teeth bared into a breath taking smile; which was mirrored on the others face.

Baekhyun outstretched his hand towards the other, “Baekhyun.” He said softly, the smile never leaving his lips.

The stranger glanced between Baekhyun and his hand before smiling even wider and placing his big hand in Baekhyuns. Neither could deny the warmth that enveloped both their bodies.

Baekhyun noted that this was the first time since the orange season had come that his familiarly cold hands had been so warm.

 

“Chanyeol. Park Chanyeol.”

 

 

‘But on a Wednesday in a café, I watched it begin again.’

 

 

Baekhyun fiddled with his long fingers in a nervous fashion; in some poor attempt to calm his nerves. He took a shaky breath and tried to convince his shaky self that there was nothing to be nervous about. He had known Chanyeol for over six weeks now. Six weeks of small meeting arrangements; and Baekhyun walking around constantly with his phone to his face texting the taller.

Baekhyun had to admit, when Chanyeol had asked him to dinner he was shocked. He could not wrap his inquisitive mind around why Chanyeol would want to go to dinner with him. But he did not even hesitate in his reply, speaking a quiet yes with his signature shy smile. The other gave a toothy smile and told him he would reserve a table for that Friday at 7. He told Baekhyun that he would not be able to pick him up due to the fact he did not have car, but he would make it up to him in some way.

Baekhyun just smiled at Chanyeol and his over flowing sincerity.

 

He arrived outside the restaurant at precisely 6.55. His body was quivering, and his heart felt as though it were trying to turn itself inside out in his chest. Baekhyun used the rear view mirror to check over his appearance quickly. His eyeliner was as perfect as it could be, and his hair a mess of brunette waved locks. Once his messed the strands a little he took several deep breaths to calm himself before exiting his car and walking into the restaurant.

 

 

‘Walk in expecting you’d be late but you got here early and you stand and wait. I walk to you.’

 

 

Baekhyun’s eyes widened and his jaw almost dropped as he entered the dining area. Chanyeol was there already waiting at their scheduled table. His large eyes lit up as he smiled and waved Baekhyun over.

Baekhyun was astonished, Chanyeol actually got here early… He made the effort to be here early; never mind on time! This fact surprised Baekhyun; he was not used to this sort of arrangement.

Baekhyun used to have to wait as long as he would have to for him to even show up for their dinner arrangements. Towards the end; there were occasions when Baekhyun had sat there for hours waiting; to only be stood up. He was never there waiting to see Baekhyun to their table.

Baekhyun washed his face away and looked at the man waiting for him. Chanyeol’s eyes were only on Baekhyun, making the latter smile. He began his decent towards Chanyeol; all the while mentally complimenting the younger’s appearance.

He had straightened his usual nest of hair, his long auburn hair parted, and fringe sweeping across his forehead. His other strands pushed back gently behind his left ear. Dressed in tight black jeans and a light denim shirt that fit his broad chest and sculpted shoulders a little too well. Chanyeol looked absolutely stunning. And he once again took Baekhyuns breath away.

 

 

‘You pull my chair out and you help me in, and you don’t know how nice that is, but I do.’

 

 

Baekhyun reached the table just in time for Chanyeol to pull his chair out for him and help him sit down. Baekhyun looked down at the table all the while, a little too nervous and blown away to look into Chanyeols eyes. He was almost moved to tears by the way Chanyeol was treating him; and just by the way Chanyeol always treated him.

He never treated Baekhyun in such a loving way. With such care, with such delicate, gentlemanly gestures.

Baekhyun smiled to himself, enjoying the way Chanyeol treated him. He lifted that smile up to the now seated Chanyeol opposite him to show him the happiness that he was giving him. Chanyeol smiled back in a dazzling manner and Baekhyun’s heart fluttered and throbbed for the Nth time in the last 5 minutes. Baekhyun fiddled with his fingers again, not being able to remove the large smile on his face.

“Thank you Chanyeol.” Baekhyun said with pure sincerity. He smiled in an unconsciously loving way and Chanyeols warmed at the sight. He mirrored the loving smile.

“For what Baek?” His deep voice sent a rippling shiver through Baekhyun. He grinned even more at the new nick name Chanyeol had graced him with.

“For everything.”

 

 

Baekhyun sat with his knees against his body on the sofa, one of Chanyeols large warm winter jumpers swimming around his slim body. A pair of Chanyeol’s jogging bottoms on and one of his black fur blankets surrounding him in an attempt to grant him warmth. He had a black coffee pressed against his hands that Chanyeol had made him especially; even though he hated coffee. Baekhyun found that for some reason, he liked the taste of Chanyeol made coffee the best.

They had gone out to dinner that evening, those events becoming ever more regular. On their way home they had manage to get themselves caught up in a snowball fight. The white glistening blankets of snow had been lying upon the ground for a day at the most; it was still so soft and fluffy beneath the fingers.

It had tempted Baekhyun, seeing Chanyeol’s goofy smile when looking at the white blanket. Baekhyun had initiated the battle. He slowed and fell a step behind the taller who was staring in wonder at the winter canvas. He reached his bare hand into the cold crystals and formed them into a rough circle. He smiled in a mischievous way before throwing the ball straight onto Chanyeol’s back.

The tall man stopped walking and turned to the shorter with a look of disbelief before smirking and crouching into a running position. Their eyes remained locked, waiting for the other to make a move. Baekhyun grinned widely waiting for any sign of movement before he would sprint off. Suddenly Chanyeol ran off to his left, covering a wide distance with his long lanky legs. Baekhyun laughed hard and began to throw more misshapen, sloppy snowballs towards a manic Chanyeol.

Baekhyun could not remember the last time he had laughed so much, or the last time he had ever had so much fun.

Needless to say it was a draw, and the battle had to be postponed due to the fact both parties were dripping wet and shivering; yet laughing and smiling uncontrollably. Tears staining their pink blushed cheeks. They had run to Chanyeol’s apartment just down the street to try and regain their warmth and not catch a fever. That would be no good 11 days before Christmas.

 

 

‘We tell stories and you don’t know why, I’m comin’ off a little shy, but I do.’

 

 

Baekhyun could not stop the outbursts of laughter that flowed from his lips as Chanyeol told him stories. Chanyeol was sat on the small space of floor in front of the sofa Baekhyun was sat on. He too had a jumper on, though it fit him well unlike Baekhyun. His hot chocolate long was long forgotten on the table from when he started to incorporate hand actions into his amusing stories. His crossed legs were covered with a fur blanket identical to Baekhyuns.

Baekhyun had started off very shy, only saying little. However Chanyeol had a power over him, Chanyeol brought out the real Baekhyun that had been hiding behind his shell. Baekhyun knew his own issues, he was cautious around people, around everyone. He knew he could trust Chanyeol. He had not trusted anyone since he walked away taking Baekhyun’s trust and his shattered soul. Though as the hours passed he opened up to the other; told him things about himself that Baekhyun had not even uttered to him. Opening up to Chanyeol was as easy as breathing.

 

 

‘But you throw your head back laughin’ like a, little kid. I think it’s strange that you think I’m funny ‘cus, he never did.’

 

 

“I didn’t know my friend was recording me, and so I continued to do the techno dance with the lights as if I was at a club or something.” Baekhyun chuckled to himself, voicing his embarrassing past to Chanyeol.

Chanyeols laughter erupted through his plump lips and echoed through his cosy apartment. His deep rumbling laughter a strange sound in comparison to his young, soft face. Baekhyun noted how childlike Chanyeol looked when he laughed. Throwing his head backwards and scrunching his face up in an adorable way. His over exaggerations where so charismatic and charming to Baekhyun; as well as very humorous.

Baekhyun found it strange that Chanyeol found him so funny. Chanyeol always laughed at every little joke and sarcastic remark that left Baekhyun’s lips. It was an anomaly to Baekhyun.

He never found Baekhyun funny. He would only smile in a pitiful way; and even that was forced.

Chanyeol found him funny.

Chanyeol took care of him.

Chanyeol cared about him.

Chanyeol liked Baekhyun for the real him.

 

Baekhyun could not help his inner comparisons. It was those comparisons that made him realise, Chanyeol was a better man than he would ever be. Maybe Chanyeol could restore Baekhyuns faith in forever.

 

They had been sat that way for hours now; it was already the early hours of the coming day. The memories passed between them only thickened the thread of a bond connecting them. Secrets were sold to one another, and promised in untold words that they would never be told.

Chanyeol stopped looking at Baekhyun to look at the clock above his fire place.

“Woah Baek, its 4 in the morning! We’ve been sat here for almost six hours!” Chanyeol smiled widely and look back at the older, Baekhyun being somewhat taller and higher than the other for once.

Baekhyuns eyes grew wide but his smile never left his face. “Wow, well you know what they say; time flies when you’re having fun.” Baekhyun smiled at Chanyeol before hiding his blushing cheeks by looking down at his blanket, and letting his natural brunette bangs fall over his eyes. What did he just say?

Chanyeol blushed at the thought of Baekhyun having fun being with him, but chuckled and let his signature toothy Chanyeol grin overcome him.

“Yep. Well, maybe we should get some sleep. This way.” Chanyeol stood, stretching his long limbs and then holding his hand out for Baekhyun to help him up. Baekhyun smiled at him, he left his coffee mug on the table and placed his hand in Chanyeols big warm one. He stumbled a little due to the fact his legs had gone to sleep, but Chanyeol placed his other hand against one of his protruding hips to steady him. Baekhyun felt the electric current run through him from the man’s touch. He gasped almost inaudibly. Chanyeol blushed, feeling the pads of his middle and index finger tips brushing against Baekhyun’s milky skin. He slid his hand away from the warm flesh and tried to steady his breathing. He turned away and walked Baekhyun to his room, needing a moment to calm his heart before he attempted to look at the other again.

Chanyeol pushed the door open to his room, he looked back and down at the shorter before letting go of his hand reluctantly and walking over to his bed. He drew back the covers and leaned down to fluff up the pillows.

Baekhyun felt a little empty at the loss of the others hand, but did not let it show, He watched as Chanyeol arranged his bed; and could not help but look at the others voluptuous behind and he stuck it in the air when he leaned down.

Chanyeol put his hands on his hips and stepped back to admire his work. His bed looked extremely comfy; he gave himself a big thumbs up and turned back to Baekhyun, motioning for him to get in.

“Here, Baek. You sleep here; I’ll be on the sofa if you need anything. The bathroom is right out of this room and the last door down the hall on the left.” He smiled sweetly and moved to leave the room.

Baekhyun lurched for Chanyeols hand, just grasping his fingertips.  “Chanyeol I can’t sleep in your bed, I’ll sleep on the couch, I don’t even mind its fine!” he insisted.

Chanyeol smiled lovingly at the other. He arranged his hand in Baekhyuns and intertwined their fingers before giving them a squeeze.

“Not goin’ to happen. You are my guest; I couldn’t sleep if I knew you were out there sleeping on the sofa. It is my pleasure Baekhyun; please don’t make me throw you in there.” – He chuckled and Baekhyun gasped feeling his heart race. - “I will see you in a few hours. Keep warm and sleep well.” Chanyeol smiled at him, before turning to Baekhyun. He closed the space between them; he squeezed their fingers again, and planted a small kiss to Baekhyuns forehead.

The contact stopped Baekhyuns heart, the duel simulation of Chanyeols touch too much for his mind, body, and heart to take. Feeling his thick lips against his skin made him smile and close his eyes due to the pleasant feeling washing over his chest.

Chanyeol detached his lips from Baekhyuns head, slowly moving back and untangling their welded fingers. He smiled to Baekhyun one more time; failing to hide his joy and left the room. Not before one last fleeting glance and beautiful smile.

 

That night Baekhyun slept better than he had in almost a year.

His unbearable happiness wrapped him in a blanket of warmth, and the spot of milky skin on his forehead where Chanyeol had kissed never stopped tingling. He inhaled the lingering scent of Chanyeol on the quilt surrounding him and fell into content slumber.

Baekhyun dreamt of the morning, where the first thing he would see would be Park Chanyeol’s ridiculously handsome face.

 

 

And we walk down the block to my car…’

 

 

They walked side by side; arms brushing delicately against each other. The two men enjoyed the little touch of intimacy; though that was not spoken aloud by either of them.

Baekhyun smiled, something he found to be a constant habit when in the company of Chanyeol. He thought back on his day and night with Chanyeol, he was such a gentleman. He took Baekhyun for dinner at a beautiful Italian restaurant, insisting that he would pay for Baekhyun, (As was the usual routine.) then accompanied him to view the Christmas spirit spread along endless streets.

Baekhyun could not deny the fact that he fell for Chanyeol more with each passing second.

 

They knew each other in ways they knew others did not. They secrets shared, the endless meetings, the unstoppable laughter, the shy smiles, and the loving stares. It was painfully obvious to see the feelings that had blossomed between them like a dewy spring flower. The glowing inside their chests. They had both secretly admitted their feelings to themselves; they were just waiting for the right time to tell the other man.

Baekhyun was a little surprised with himself, it had been around ten months now since the breakdown of his previous relationship. He had thought that he would never love another again; he thought he could not bear to love another. Not after him.

But here was Park Chanyeol. The tall, autumn hating stranger that walked into his life and changed his everything. Chanyeol made Baekhyun change his written rules. He had only known Chanyeol for 4 months at most; yet he was completely in love with him.

 

Baekhyun realised that he had never mentioned him once to Chanyeol. Baekhyun never really thought it needed to be said. But now that he knows how deep into this he is; how deep he is in the perfect being that is Park Chanyeol, he feels the man should know. Chanyeol should know Baekhyuns all… Should he not?

 

 

‘…and I almost brought him up. But you start to talk about the movies that your family watches, every single Christmas, and I wanna, talk about that.’

 

 

It was on the tip of Baekhyun’s tongue. He wished with his everything to be with Chanyeol; he had practically already handed his heart over to the gentle giant. He deserves to know. An explanation as to why he was the person he was when Chanyeol first met him. Chanyeol had changed the fragile ghost he had become; he brought the real Baekhyun back into the light of the world. He deserved Baekhyuns everything.

He should know… About Kris…

 

As if hearing Baekhyuns mental conflict Chanyeol started to smile and talk about nothing; (Though Baekhyun thought every word that was formed and spoken from Chanyeol was everything.)

“Hey Baek, you know that movie ‘The Grinch’? It was my favourite movie as a kid. I watched it over and over and over again. It was forced upon my family so much that in the end they had no choice but to like it. Somewhere along the line it became a family tradition to watch it every Christmas day. I get to watch it tomorrow I’m so excited!” Chanyeol laughed and his eye twitched making Baekhyun smile and laugh too. He wished he could observe Chanyeols face as he watched the movie he was so excited about.

“Hey Baek, come with me tomorrow.” Chanyeol practically shouted as he stopped walking and turned his body to Baekhyun.

“Come home with me tomorrow. Come and spend Christmas with me and my family? I promise you won’t regret it!” Chanyeol pleaded crouching down to be eye level with the shorter.

Baekhyun wanted to cry at Chanyeols kindness. He knew he would never regret spending time with Chanyeol.

His family was quite far away, he was going to spend Christmas alone… How could he refuse the chance to be with Chanyeol?

“I would love to Chanyeol…” Baekhyun smiled dreamily at Chanyeol. Loving the youngers rewarding smile.

Chanyeol crushed Baekhyun into a hug and began to practically skip down the Christmas filled streets towards Baekhyuns car, going on about the Christmas dinner his mother makes and other elements of his traditional Christmas day.

Baekhyun smiled at the man now skipping merrily, he just found another thing to add to his infinite list of reasons why he loved Chanyeol; he knew just what to say at exactly the right time.

 

Baekhyun knew then that he could forget Kris for Chanyeol. No, he would forget Kris for Chanyeol.

Chanyeol could know anything he wanted to know and Baekhyun would tell him in a heartbeat, when the time was right for both of them he would tell Chanyeol everything. He would bare his soul to the other.

 

 

‘…and for the first time, what’s past is past.’

 

 

They clamber out of Baekhyun’s car laughing like children and walk to the front of Baekhyuns apartment building. Baekhyun stopped, opening his mouth as if to say something to Chanyeol, but quickly shut it as he looked at the taller.

Chanyeol was smiling his derpy smile as he pointed to the sky; exclaiming for the world to hear that it had started to snow. Baekhyun grinned and laughed at Chanyeol before turning his gaze up to the sky.

Crystal white flakes of snow began to descend from the stars above; which Baekhyun noticed where shining a lot brighter that night. They both looked at each other sharing their excitement and laughter.

Chanyeol thought that Baekhyun surrounded by Christmas eve snow was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen. A beautiful smile was sewn to the seams of his red tinted lips, making Chanyeol want to kiss them. His dark eyes glittered more than the crystal flakes falling around him. His pale cheeks were brushed with a hint of pink due to the cold weather; everything about Baekhyun at that moment was beautiful.

Chanyeol had the sudden urge to reveal to Baekhyun every single feeling he went through the motions of when he was with the elder.

He wanted Baekhyun to know just how strong his love for him was.

Chanyeol wanted him to know now; one hour before Christmas day.

 

Baekhyun looked back at Chanyeol, noticing the serious expression on his charmingly handsome features. His lips were slightly parted, as though he were carefully piecing words together to form the perfect sentence. Baekhyun risked a glance at his eyes. The stars in Chanyeols irises were shining so brightly as he stared into Baekhyuns eyes, trying to read his soul. Baekhyun always loved the way he could know what the other was feeling just by a look into his eyes.

Right now all he could see was love.

 

Baekhyun could feel tears line his eyes, he smiled grabbing a hold of Chanyeols trench coat collar and pulling himself up to wrap his arms around the others neck. He aligned his lips with Chanyeol’s right ear.

“Merry Christmas Channie. I hope that this time next year we will still be able to meet like this. I hope we can walk and enjoy the snowfall next Christmas like we are now. I want to say thank you for walking over to me in the café on that autumn Wednesday. Thank you for walking into my life and changing it for the better. I want to be with you when the next autumn comes so we can run along the streets and kick the ember leaves into the air, showing our true feelings towards the melancholy season. I want to watch the flowers in spring bloom while being side by side with you. I want to spend the summer vacating anywhere and everywhere; having water fights and sunbathing. I just want to be with you Chanyeol. Not just next year, but as many years as we can manage. As many seasons as we can muster. That’s all I could ever want.” Stray tears managed to congregate on Baekhyun’s blushed cheeks. He wrapped his arms even tighter around Chanyeols neck and turned his face into the tall man’s auburn hair. The scent of watermelon made him release a laugh.

Chanyeol could feel his own eyes watering as he clung to Baekhyun with all his might. Was this real?

He was not completely sure, but he was not going to let this moment escape his grasp.

“I should be the one thanking you Baek. You have made me happier than I have been in years; and only in four short months. Your smile has brightened my life, it makes my day whenever I see it. Especially knowing that that smile is only for me. It was true I said that autumns beauty is taken away, but this year’s autumn brought me something beautiful; I met you. I never did like autumn, until this autumn, when I fell in love with Byun Baekhyun.”

 

Chanyeols words hit Baekhyun hard in his chest, his heart practically stopping and shattering due to the overload of happiness that crashed through him. He had never been so happy in his life; that he was sure of. Never had he been so happy, no one in his life had made him so happy, not his family, friends, or even Kris; who he believed was the love of his life.

The tsunami tides in Baekhyuns eyes flooded endlessly as he tried to remember how to from a coherent sentence.

Chanyeol pulled away and made sure Baekhyun’s feet were flat on the floor. He wrapped one of his arms tighter still around the slim waist of the smaller. While his other hand gently away Baekhyuns precious tears. Once that task was complete he tucked a silk lock of brown behind his ear. Then began his long fingers down Baekhyun’s face until he reached his sharp jaw, caressing the skin there so delicately.

Baekhyun brought his hands to the auburn strands at the nape of Chanyeols neck, he felt the words rising through his throat as he stared into Chanyeol’s eyes, feeling his warm fingers his skin.

“I love you Chanyeol.” Baekhyun spoke strongly making sure those four words were for those two and no other in the world. To make sure the world knew Chanyeols name was sewn on his heart in an unmoveable applique stich.

 

Chanyeol smiled his most beautiful smile yet, his whole face lighting up with a stronger summer glow that usual. The stars shining bright in his familiar irises; irises Baekhyun never wanted to stray from.

Chanyeol leaned his head towards the shorter, never braking eye contact. He brushed their noses together in a loving gesture. He brushed his lips teasingly against Baekhyuns, feeling as though he were brushing against pure pink, willing petals.

He connected their lips together lovingly, two pairs of eyes closing in pleasure. Their love sealed with a kiss in the Christmas eve snow.

 

 

‘And I’ve been spending the last 8 months thinkin’ all love ever does is break, and burn, and end. But on a Wednesday, in a café, I watched it begin again.’

 

 

 

Phew finally finished

Sorry for any mistakes I only checked through once because I wanted to post this quite badly…

I hope you enjoyed ^^

So much fluffy Baekyeol.

And evil Kris. Kris is an evil; he is too perfect for his own good.

Jk Kris ily x

I do not own the song, or EXO and blah ^-*

Please comment, let me know if you enjoyed this!

Thank you for taking the time to read

Much love!