The Christmas we all want

A Soul's Colors

Lay stared at the puddle flooded out from under the door and wondered if there was fish inside. He’d like some fish. Maybe some salmon or – what was he thinking? Lay shook his head and opened the door, just to walk face first into a wall of water. He sputtered and shook his face, blinking water away from his eyes.

 

The water looked like it was pushing against some force, but it didn’t come flooding out. Lay put out a tentative arm and stuck it into the water, and it went in and out just the same. He walked backward, took a deep breath and dived into the water. I thought Leeteuk said it was only half the room!!!, Lay thought. It was like he was swimming in a lake.

 

He paused and squinted into the gloom, seeing a figure with their head down. They were glowing with a un normal glow, their white clothing making them look like an other worldly figure. He swam toward it and jerked back when a snake shot out of no where and aimed for his face.

 

They seemed to be in a frenzy, their slitted, exotic eyes filled with emotion. Is that…..fear and worry I see?, Lay thought. He stared into its eyes for what seemed forever and then something clicked. The Snake gave him a final, hopeful glance and slithered away through the water, like it was on land. He could swear that all the snakes watched him as he kicked himself over to Suho.

 

And then something caught his sharp eyes. Strangely, teardrops dripped down his face but it was like……it was like the tears were a substance of its own, not blending with the water. Lay kicked over and lifted Suho’s chin, but when he was met with resistance, he grabbed his face with both hands.

 

He put his forehead to his and stared at him, willing him to open his eyes. After what felt like forever, Suho slowly opened his eyes and Lay flinched back by the sharp sadness and grief in his eyes. Suho pulled him over and put his forehead to his and held Lay’s hand on his heart…….And the world fell away.

 

Lay was in a living room, a dark, gloomy room. and then he was yanked through the doors and hallways like a puppet. He watched as he appeared in a room full of ….cells. Damp, dark cells with sad excuses of beds. He scanned the room with calculating eyes and his eyes stopped on a calendar.

 

It was December 25…..it was Christmas. What did Suho want to show him? He looked around and only then did he notice. The cells weren’t empty. They had kids, by the look of them, around the ages 8 or 9. Each cage had one kid, one in the corner, some curled up on a mat. And then he saw him. Suho. Sitting under a barred window on the damp, dewy floor.

 

He watched as Suho closed his eyes and then opens them, crawl over to the bars and knock on them slightly. The other person stirred and he saw that it was Chen. Chen rubbed his eyes and nodded, waving his hand. Suho smiled, trying to look happy but Lay could see the brokenness under.

 

Suho crawled over to the other side and knocked on the bars and Sehun appeared. Suho nodded, humming a bit while he did something that Lay smiled at. Suho went to the part where the cage and the wall connect and he pushed aside the bars just enough for Sehun to slip through.

 

He and Suho crawled over to the other side and pushed aside the bar and Chen crawled through, followed by Kris, Kai, and Chanyeol who were in the cages beside his. They all sat down next to each other, huddled up in their beaten, thin clothing, and they sang.

 

They sang their hearts out, their eyes flowing with tears. They sang their life so far, about how they met, what they’ve been through, and how they feel. But mainly, how they will one day escape and become their own person, be the master of their fate and the captain of their souls.

 

Lay slid down the wall and rubbed away the tears burning trails down his cheeks. How could he think that his old life was hard compared to this?  He clenched his eyes, refusing to cry. But then Suho sang about how one day, they’ll celebrate Christmas together, with a house, a warm bed and a big dinner. How they’ll sing songs together and give presents.

 

And as Suho finished his song and his tears fell, Lay opened his eyes and cried along.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ gingerbread man emoticon

Leeteuk rubbed his forehead. “Man, am I getting wrinkles!!! So, rain check. Luhan and D.O, you guys have to go together. Kai managed to bust a hole through the wall.” And then he turned and walked down the hall, muttering something about stupid insurance and a hole in a bleeping wall.

 

Luhan and D.O walked up to the door of Sehun’s room. Luhan reached for the knob and recoiled. “I can’t do it!!!! I can feel the danger coming in waves even though I don’t have that specific ability!!” D.O stood there silently and then stepped forward and roughly jerked open the door.

 

The hinges broke and Luhan gaped as D.O stomped in, not seeming to notice the broken door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ gingerbread man emoticon

D.O stomped up to Kai and watched as he smashed his fist into the wall again and again. He simply walked up to him and grabbed his fist before it hit the wall. D.O felt like his hand was on fire. He could see blood welling from the scrapes on his hand but he didn’t care.

 

He grabbed Kai’s other hand before he could hit the wall and yanked him to him, their noses touching. “Don’t.” he whispered. “JUST.DON’T” Kai stared at him, his eyes blazing with anger. He let out a growl and then started fighting back. D.O’s eyes glanced at Luhan, giving him a hard look and nudged his head, telling him to mind his own problems. He turned to Kai and let go of his hands and tackled him.

 

Kai seemed shocked by the strength of the quiet male. He struggled but D.O held his shoulders down and whispered, “Don’t….” Kai watched as D.O let go of his shoulders, and put his head on his chest, hugging him. Kai stopped struggling and stared at the ceiling.

 

He had almost tried to hurt D.O. why does he care? Maybe it’s because deep down, he knows he cares but he denies it. His eyes burn and then the silver tears come.

 

D.O closes his eyes and he feels like the world melts around him. He opens his eyes and he appears in a room full of broken mirrors and picture frames. D.O picks up a picture frame and stares at it. Silent tears fall down his cheeks when he sees it.

 

It’s a side by side picture. One of ….him. It’s from the first time they met. It’s from Kai’s perspective, and it shows him glaring at Kai, with a ferocity that is beautiful. And then the one on the left is one of him, Suho, Chanyeol, Kris, Chen, and Sehun.

 

In curly loop on the bottom, it says, “Our Perfect Christmas.”   And then a rip through the center. He doesn’t believe, D.O thought, That they will get their perfect Christmas. Their day together as a perfect, normal family. He let out a shuddering breath and sprinted over to Kai’s body in the center of the glass and hugged him.

 

“I’m so sorry Kai. I…I’m so sorry.” Kai put his arms around D.O and hugged him fiercely, his arms and body shaking and trembling with sobs and chokes. D.O buried his face in Kai’s soft hair and whispered. “You will get your perfect Christmas. I promise.” And the world came back, and they kneeled in the center of the room hugging, Kai sobbing, trembling. And D.O being D.O.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~merry snowman emoticon

Luhan walked quietly, approaching the cautiously perched Sehun on a weirdly planted branch. “Who the plants a tree in a holding room?!” Luhan dropped to the floor with a thud as a bird swooped, catching a piece of his hair. He hissed and lunged under the cover of the tree.

 

The bird would not come into the boundary of the tree’s shade. He noticed it when he walked in. He patted his head of fair, blonde hair. He huffed and looked up, seeing Sehun lying on a branch not far up. He climbed a few feet up and grabbed the longest branch he could find.

 

He grabbed a few feet from its tip and jumped. The branch managed to hold his weight and he bounced up and down, then letting go. The branch flung forward and smacked Sehun’s body. He landed with a slight thud and sat up laughing. He saw Sehun sit up and slowly turn his head to him, leaves and branches sticking out of his messy hair.

 

Luhan’s laughter cut off as he saw Sehun’s face. Sehun had tears running down his face. Luhan let out a big breath and crawled over. His hand hovered over Sehun’s cheek before settling it on his soft skin. “Oh Sehun. Honey, I know you are upset, but you can’t go crazy. Kai is going ape over there, Suho flooded a room, Chen turned a room into an unstable battery, Chanyeol can’t decide between a stupid cat and himself. Kris is in a coma causing mayhem and you’re sicking birds on people.”

 

He didn’t know that calling him Honey felt so natural. It just slid out of his lips. Sehun seemed to break under the words and curled up in a ball, his shoulders trembling. Luhan curled up around him and rocked him back and forth. “There there. Once you guys calm down, we’ll all celebrate Christmas together, ok? It’s in a few days.”

 

And how he knew what Sehun was crying about? It’s because, he just knows.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ reindeer behind christmas tree emoticon

 

Hey guys! MERRY CHRISTMAS!! To the people on te other side of the world *flings arms like noodles* and Merry Christmas EVE

to the people on this side *flings arm again*. Happy holidays to the people who dont celebrate christmas!! :) Sorry for the lack of

update. i hd a stressful week so i couldnt update.

 

EXO @ SMtown Week!! Aegyo overload *dies*. Gosh omgomgomg Xiumin and Lay!!!! Chanyeoooool. *screams and dies* Gosh they are so cute~~~

 

 

 EXO -Candy by H.O.T: SOOOOO CUTE!!!! *SQUEALS*

 

 

EXO- Happiness: I FREAKIN DIED. SO CUTE

 

 

 

EXO- The first snow: TOOOOO CUTEEEEEE

 

moving christmas tree emoticonreindeer emoticonreindeer giving gift emoticonhappy holidays text emoticon

 

 

 

_kpop_gif__merry_krease_mas_by_mianhaeyo