86

Red Skys and Royal Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Suho’s POV

  Sky is progressing really well in learning our Specialties.  She’s got Chanyeol, D.O and Luhan Hyung’s almost perfectly mastered.  She’s having a blast making the stones in the back yard spin around and destroy the ground.  Laughing as D.O starts yelling at her for ruining his yard.  We all have to chuckle a little as we watch D.O fume before fixing it, only to have Sky lose focus and another stone to crash once again.

  We all knew Sky was almost capable of fixing the mess she made, but D.O is rather impatient and fixes it right away before she can get around to it.  A few times I think she is doing it on purpose to get the reaction out of D.O, but I don’t really know for sure.

  I’m the next one to teach her how to control my part of her Ability.  Sehun could also go next but I think he would prefer if he had more time to figure out how he was going to explain everything to her.  I even want more time to figure this all out but it seems I only have a few more minutes before Luhan Hyung ships her off to me.

  Sky is a quick learner.  Once she understands something and has done it once she’s set to go.  The practice she does is only to make sure she can control it properly and nothing goes terribly wrong. 

  I sigh rubbing the back of my neck.  Huffing I lay back, the pools water lying still beneath me.  Yeah, I’m currently situated in the center of the pool as if it were solid ground.  Its rather calming being surrounded by my element, it’s always been a comfort to have water surround me on all side.

  “Just walk over here Sky, You aren’t going to fall in.”  I said as I continued to stare up at the red sky.  I felt he slowly place her foot on the water.  She slowly placed more of her weight after realizing that she wouldn’t fall past the surface and walked over to stand beside me.  “Sit down.”

  She sat down on the water’s surface and peered down at me.  “Water is calm, peaceful and beautiful.  It lays still and unmoving without wind and touch, it sooths and relaxes people.”  I started to explain to her.  “But it can be just as deadly.  Water is unrelenting and fierce.  Water makes up about seventy percent of the body and that can be very advantageous to know.  No matter how calm an ocean may look, a deadly storm can make the waters quake.”

  I paused for a long time, “Okay, is that it?”  Sky asked me from where she sat.

  I laughed a little.  “Not even close.  I’m going to make one thing clear to you now Sky my Specialty requires a lot of control.  You have to be in full control of your emotions and your body whenever you are tapping into my bond.  One misplaced feeling and you can kill someone.  You have to remain fully relaxed when playing with water.”

  “Is that why you never seem to get upset?”  She asked me.

  I couldn’t stop the laugh bubbling up inside me.  Do I really come off to her as someone who doesn’t get upset?  She has no idea how wrong she is.  I may look like nothing bothers me on the outside.  I may show the calm collected boy to everyone, but I am nothing like that.

  I’m one of the oldest, but out of the four of us I am the most short-tempered.  I’m worse than Kris; I’m just really good at hiding it.  I’ve learned to suppress it extremely well.  I’ve learned the tricks to make sure the emotions boiling inside of me are never shown.

  I’m almost constantly using my Specialty so that my emotions don’t take over.  Emotional balance is one of the few things all water Specialty Warriors need to have.  I seem to lack that little quality but I can mask it very well.

  “You can’t show every emotion you feel Sky.  Hide them the best you can but never let them get mixed in with your Ability.”  I told her as I slowly stopped laughing.  “You emotions are the strongest predictor of what is going to happen.  But there are times that lacing your Ability with your emotions is a good thing, if your emotion is strong enough it can make your attacks stronger.  But without control your Ability will go out of control.”

  “Makes sense.  That’s one more thing I’m going to have to learn to do.”  She sighed laying down beside me.  “I don’t have to best control on my emotions.”

  “You’ll learn with time.  None of us expect you to be able to do all of this right from the start; we are just giving you to basics so that you can control every part of your Ability before we work on everything you will be capable of.”  I explained.  All of us were on the same page while we taught Sky.  “You will never learn how to control our Specialties without movement until you can control it with motions.  You need to first understand how your movements affect the actions of our powers, before you will be able to do it without.”  I told her as I finally stood up on the surf

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter