68*

Red Skys and Royal Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  “Are you feeling alright, Tao?  You haven’t said much recently.”  I asked him as the three boys worked on my back.

  Tao shook his head, “I’m doing fine, haven’t had much to say.”

  “Well I’m sure you do have something you want to say or you wouldn’t still be here.”  I shot back.  He had something on his mind – that I was sure of – I just had to get him to say it out loud.

  I hissed as one of the boys pushed to hard on my back.  “Sorry.”  Suho muttered as he went back to what he was doing.  I don’t know what they are doing, as long as they are gentle and are helping me in some way I don't really care to know.

   “I’m worried.”  He said after a while of watching his Hyungs.

  “What about?”  I asked.  There could be a thousand things that might worry him, but which one is the one that he is most worried about.

  “About you, and about my Hyungs.”  He confessed.

  “What about us are you worried about, Tao?”  Do I have to pull the information out of him?  I get a few words as answers and no in depth answers.  I need to rephrase my questions so he will give me answers that will actually give me answers to my questions.

  “Your back, your health, your life in school.  With my Hyungs I worry about what’s happening to them.”  He gave me that answer.  It was better than him brushing it off.

  “What’s happening with your Hyungs?”  I asked truly curious about what was going on with them.  If I could help with it then I wanted to do everything I could, I wasn’t aware that anything was wrong with the boys.

  “Tao can you go get us a bowl of water please.”  Suho said before Tao could begin his answer.

  “Sure, Hyung.”  He said and left the room.

  “Are you trying to make him stay quiet?”  I asked Suho casually.

  “No, I need water and he’s the only one here that could go and get it.”  He replied before staying silent.

  I want an answer to that question though and now that Suho made him leave I wasn’t sure I was going to get it any more.  Suho shut him up and I still can’t shake the feeling he did it on purpose.

  When Tao came back with the water he left not long after giving it to his Hyungs as they continued to clean my back.  Dinner was finished by the time Lay was finished securing the bandages to my back.  I still bled but it wasn’t at much as before and it was getting less and less as time when on.

  Lay graciously allowed me to eat at the table with the group.  I kept my back straight and ate carefully as I talked with the boys.  Well they pretty much just joked around and I listened and laughed when one of them said something funny.

  I still couldn’t let what Tao said out of my thoughts.  I would have to ask him another day since he was avoiding me now.  It was becoming increasingly clear that Suho had stopped him on purpose.  But why?

  So many things I still didn’t know about these boys, but they weren’t quick to open up and give me the answers I requested.  And I had to accept that, I don’t always answer all of their questions so it’s fair they don’t answer all of mine.

  I wanted to get a little more reading done, see if I can find anything in the library on this strange bond.  There had to be something about it somewhere I just had to keep searching.

  Excusing myself I told the boys where to find me if they needed anything and made my way up to the library and started my reading.

Tao’s POV

  I’m not stupid, but Sky should know what’s going on with the others.  She clearly has no idea but it is affecting all of them, Chen now has his powers back but can’t show Sky in fear of her reactions.  Luhan refuses to use his power in case Sky finds out, same with all the others who have their power back.  No one will show her and no one will tell her anything.

  But clearly I’m the only one with this view.  Suho Hyung made that pretty clear when he told me to shut up and leave earlier when they were helping Sky.  He phrased it differently but it had the same meaning.

  That’s not the only thing bothering me.  I wish it was, but I have more pressing matters to deal with and none of the others can even feel it.  Only me, and possibly Sky but I won’t bet on it.

  Ever since she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter