30*

Red Skys and Royal Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun’s POV

  A shock zipped down my spine.  Snapping my head up I looked over to where Sky was supposed to be sitting.  She wasn’t there.  I looked at the others who had felt the same warning.  Something was wrong with Sky.  Something was wrong with our Dealer and none of us had any idea where she could have gone.

  Another shock flew through my body and all of us were on our feet in seconds.  I knew that what I was feeling was telling me that she wasn’t in danger of anything serious happening.  It may only be a few scrapes, but it still wasn’t reassuring in the least.  Why didn’t she just tell us when she was going off?  How could we have not noticed her leave the group?  What made her leave?

  “Where is she?”  I asked a little panicked.  It felt like when she was in the swimming pool and I could do nothing to help her all over again.

  “I don’t know, but something isn’t right.”  Luhan answered me as he looked around the open clearing.  “Can you feel anything, D.O?”

  D.O shook his head, “Something is blocking me.”

  Not may things could block D.O from finding anything through the ground, and because of that fact it made this all a little worse.

  “Let's split up and start searching for her.  You find her, send a signal for the others to know.  Bring her here, this is where we meet.”  Suho commanded.  All of us nodding we split into four groups and went in the opposite directions.

 I was paired with Luhan and we went east.  Suho and Chen went south, D.O and Baekhyun went west, leaving Chanyeol and Kai going north.  Luhan and I made our way through the trees searching for anything that might tell us where she went, but we found nothing.

  I looked everywhere, but nothing was out of the ordinary, nor was there anything that showed someone had recently come this way.  I could feel more of those chills running down my spine as Luhan and I kept searching.  Luhan was starting to get visibly shaken by not being able to find her, and that only caused me to worry even more.

  I froze.  Luhan fell to his knees beside me.  Something was very wrong now.  Pain was spreading through my chest with alarming fast beats.  Just like when she was in the pool drowning, this was the same feeling, but the pain was a like a cool, heat stabbing me.  “Luhan.”  I managed to chock out as I fell beside him.  This feeling was worse then when she was in the pool.  We could save her in the pool, we knew where she was and could help her.  But now was different.  We had no idea where she was or what was happening to her.

  Luhan and I struggled to our feet as the pain began to increase as time went by, we had to keep looking.  We had to find her.  We didn’t split up; we stayed side by side to make sure neither of us fell from the waves of pain coursing through or bodies.

  We made it only a few meters more before the wave of pain that washed over as had all of us on our knees, silent screams bursting from our lips.  This was much worse than I could ever have imagined, this was the most pain I have felt in my whole existence.

  I could barely move as the pain pulsed through my body.  I swear I could see my vision blurring before me.  I wanted so bad to escape to my Card so I wouldn’t have to feel this pain, but I had to make sure Sky was safe, I couldn’t just leave her.

  The earth around us began to shake a little and blocks popped up around us.  D.O, he found her.  Someone was with her.  But the pain still didn’t fade.  We needed to get back to the clearing we had lunch in as fast as we could.  The two of us got up on shaky legs and began to run back towards the clearing as fast as we could manage.

 

Xiumin’s POV

  I stared down at the Dealer that now lay unconscious at my feet.  She deserves everything she feels.  The ice rushing through her veins belongs in all Dealers.  That’s just how they are, cold to the center of their soul, now she can feel what she’s like to her Cards.  I looked around at the barrior I set up to keep my resting place guarded.  It’s been decades since the last Dealer even tried to get through there, and most that have pulled back not wanting to feel the ice in their system.

  I may not have the Specialty over ice, but the water I could manipulate was always colder than that of other Warriors.  I just scoffed as I looked down at the weak girl before me.  She was young, but seemed to have determination to push through what I was giving her as she tried to get me.  I wasn’t going to let another Dealer rule my life anymore.  Least of all, a power hungry Dealer.  I was done being someone’s slave, if she owned me then let her die, I wasn’t going to pull away and retreat to my Card.  It was my ice that was freezing her so I could turn the pain off.  I was going to watch as she set me free again.

  Her Cards were glowing from the case on her waist.  Each second pulsing brighter.  I squatted down and brushed her red hair out of her face before detaching the case to look at the Cards she has already Claimed.  I wanted to know how many I was going to set free.

  Eight Cards fell from the case.  My eyes widened as I looked at the Cards so familiar to me.  The silver and gold swirled background was one I knew quite well, it was the same as the one the decor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter