132*

Red Skys and Royal Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  My stomach felt like it was in knots.  My head was spinning and I couldn’t shake off this nauseous feeling running through my stomach.  I kept my eyes closed as I tried to push the sensations away to calm my body down.

  “How do you feel?”  The same deep voice the called out to me in the white space asked.  “The twisting feeling in your gut will pass, it always happens when people cross over.”

  I tried to relax a little more as the feelings began to slowly fade as he had told me they would.  “Cross over?”  I asked the unknown male.

  “When someone moves from one plane of existence to the next.”  He told me.  “When you first went to where I found you, you experienced some sort of pain, and when I brought you here, back to the one you left from it will cause you discomfort.”

  I blinked my eyes open, to find myself in a sunlit room with many windows.  Couches were lined up around the walls under the windows.  Reds and purples colored the room from the walls, to the carpets and the decorations.

  “Where am I?”  I asked as I looked beyond the glass to see a large field of grass and trees.

  “Where we live.”  A different voice replied, but still held a familiar ring to it.

  “Am I dead?”  I decided to ask the question I really wanted an answer to.  I had a pretty good idea what the answer was going to be, but I wanted confirmation.

  I heard chuckles from behind me, but didn’t turn around, to engrossed in watching the nature beyond the glass.  “Technically, no.  Your body is still very much alive, you on the other hand, are not.”

  I furrowed my eyebrows, “That doesn’t make sense.”  How could I be alive and dead at the same time?  And if my body was alive wouldn't I be as well?  It just didn’t make sense; nothing connected those dots for me.

  “It’s a long story, one we do have time to explain, slightly.”  A third voice commented.

  Turning around I observed the three boys standing in front of me, slightly glancing at the three more behind them sitting on sofas entertaining themselves with books or their cellphones.  It took me a few moments to remember where I remember seeing these boys before.  Two with short back styled hair and one with silver hair that hung around his face.

  They were the Royals my Warriors didn’t like all that much.

  “We aren’t going to hurt you, Sky.”  The tallest black haired boy said as he saw me step back.  “We're here to help.”

  “We know a little about what’s happening to you.”  The other black haired boy added.  “We also missed you, it’s been too long.”

  The silver hair boy took a step towards me, closing the gap.  “We haven’t changed that much since we left, Cuz.”

  My eyes widened as I took the time to actually look at each Royal closely.  Observe each of their defined features, the sculpt of their jaws, the way their nose sat on their face.  I took notice of how they stood and shifted as I scrutinized them. 

  I took a step back again in shock.  The three of them carried themselves like my cousins always did: tall, confident and controlled.  Zelo would tap his fingers on his side while he was standing, Youngjae would always clasp his hands behind his back if he were standing for too long in one spot.  And Yongguk, his wasn’t as noticeable, but he would shift his weight from on foot to another, slightly lifting the other off the ground from time to time.

  “Yongguk, Youngjae, Zelo.”  I balked.  My hands coming up to cover my mouth in shock, “How?”

  “Born into it like all Royals.  But we can talk about this another time, we have more pressing matter to discuss right now. “  Yongguk said, changing the topic for the time being.  “Look at yourself, Sky.”

  Giving him a questioning look, I followed what he said and looked down at my body.  I was still wearing the white dress and shoes I was wearing when I appeared in the strange white void.  But it wasn’t that he wanted me to take notice of, oh no, it was the fact I was semi transparent since I could just barely see what was underneath and behind me through my shade like form.

  “What’s going on?  What happened to me?”  I squeaked as my eyes shot back up to the three boys.

  “Like I said earlier, you aren’t exactly alive.”  Yongguk stated once again.  “Things are a little complicated, Sky, and we have some answers but not all of them, this we do know a little about which is why I brought you here.”

  “Brought me here?  How, I thought I was dead?”  I shot back.

  “You are, in some way.”  Yongguk confirmed, again.  “But, I can still bring you back to this plane of existence as a shade, a ghost if you will.”

  “How?”  I pressed.

  Yongguk smiled, that gummy smile of his that I always loved as a kid.  “I have a Spirit Deck, a pretty damn powerful and rare one at that.  The Ability I got when I claimed my twelfth Card was that of necromancy.  I can talk to, see and summon the dead.  It’s how I was able to reach you in that crossover point you were wondering in.”

  Well .  “But you said my body was alive, so then how am I dead?”

  “That’s where things ge

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter