To Forgive Is To Forget

The Perfect Two
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri slammed on the brakes, the car skidded a full 360 degrees. The tanned girl frantically tried to pry Hayeon’s fingers off the steering wheel to no avail. Hayeon laughed and abruptly spun the wheel in the opposite direction and both girls were thrown against the driver side door. Yuri could feel her stomach rise to as the BMW teetered on two wheels before crashing down again.

 

“Sit back, relax and enjoy the ride Kwon!” Hayeon screamed and laughed maniacally. The shorter girl somehow made her way over to the driver seat sitting on Yuri’s lap. She pushed against the accelerator and with Yuri’s foot on the brakes the engine revved as the wheels of the car spun madly in one spot. “Move over Kwon, leave the driving to the pros.” Hayeon motioned for Yuri to get into the passenger seat. Yuri had no choice but to follow the girls’ commands, it would be slightly safer if she were to leave the driving to one person.  Hayeon was the most dangerous and ironically the safest driver Yuri knew.

 

Yuri squeezed her eyes shut tight, feeling her body meld into the seat as Hayeon took the car to impossible speeds. If not for the seatbelt or the fact that she had a death grip on the assist handle overhead, Yuri would have tumbled onto the driver’s side as Hayeon maneuvered the car onto two wheels. She could feel her grip slipping, any second now and her body would drop and crash into Hayeon’s. Thankfully the car fell back onto four wheels again, the impact making Yuri’s head knock hard against the window.

 

“Ready?” Hayeon smirked.

 

Yuri glanced over to the driver who had an ominous grin plastered on her face.

 

Hayeon turned back to the front and revved the engine.

 

Yuri faced the front and the view before her made her heart drop.

 

It was a dead end, no, it was a cliff’s edge…and they were headed full speed towards it.

 

“Hayeon, Hayeon, no! Stop! Taeyeon would not want you to do this. Stop!” Yuri screamed.

 

Taeyeon, forever Hayeon’s weakness.

 

The tyres screeched, the car slid, Yuri closed her eyes waiting for the drop…

 

 

.

.

.

 

Yuri opened her eyes one after the other and saw the car only a few centimetres away from the cliff edge.

 

“You’re no fun, Kwon.” Hayeon slammed the door. She jumped onto the hood of the car, climbed up the windscreen and lay down on the roof. She folded her hands behind her head and closed her eyes.

 

Yuri sighed in relief, unbuckling her seatbelt. Her legs were wobbly as her feet contacted solid ground. She took a few deep breaths, dry-retching, and had to lean against the door steadying herself to let the moment of vertigo pass.  

 

“Such an amateur.” Hayeon rolled onto her side, propping her head up on one had with a bored expression on her face.

 

The girl rolled onto her back again letting out a deep breath that turned to clouds of vapor as it hit the cold air.

 

Yuri blinked a few times as the world around her stopped spinning and her heart rate resumed its normal pace. She eyed the girl lying on the hood of the car blowing out rings of smoke from her newly lit cigarette.

 

“Want one?” Hayeon slid the packet over.

 

“No.” However she took the pack anyway, confiscating it from the shorter girl. “You’r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter