Of Love and Hate

The Perfect Two
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It was a lovely and warm afternoon. The house was empty. Mr Kim was at work as usual, Miyeon was having a sleep over and Mrs Kim out for afternoon tea with her friends.

 

They lay side by side on a mat in Taeyeon’s backyard, hands intertwined, cloud-watching.

 

Tiffany had pointed out various animal-like cloud shapes but no matter how hard Taeyeon looked she could never figure out what Tiffany was describing. Maybe she didn’t have such a colourful imagination like Tiffany did.

 

Tiffany grew quiet for a moment and Taeyeon glanced over at the girl to see her frowning a little.

 

Was Tiffany getting annoyed that she wasn’t talking much? She was never the talkative type. She liked to listen, especially to Tiffany’s voice.

 

Taeyeon turned to face the skies again.

 

“I’m sorry I don’t talk much, I’m a very boring person.”

 

Tiffany let go of her hand and Taeyeon panicked because she thought Tiffany wanted to leave. However, the panic was only momentary since Tiffany only let go so she could turn onto her side. Tiffany used one arm as a pillow while the other reached for Taeyeon’s other hand resting on her stomach. Tiffany placed her hand on top of Taeyeon’s.

 

“You don’t have to say anything, as long as you’re there to listen to me.”

 

“I’m a good listener.”

 

“And I’m an excellent talker, plus I think you’re not boring because you certainly caught my interest.” Tiffany squeezed her hand.

 

Taeyeon had to smile at that. Tiffany always made her feel good. Tiffany made everything better.

 

“So I was thinking…” Tiffany furrowed her eyebrows again. “Are we friends or are we kind of like girlfriends now?”

 

Taeyeon turned to face Tiffany. Of course she wanted Tiffany to be her girlfriend. She had thought Tiffany knew that. She’d told Tiffany she loved her after all.

 

“I’m fine with being friends for now if you’re more comfortable that way.” Tiffany said quickly, with a hint of disappointment, when she saw Taeyeon’s puzzled face.

 

Taeyeon wondered how a person such as Tiffany could exist and why hadn’t she loved Tiffany sooner.

 

“I like being friends.” She said and Tiffany breathed out deeply. “But I think I’d like it even more if you could be my girlfriend.”

 

Taeyeon shuffled onto her side.

 

“Fany-ah, will you be my girlfriend?” Wow, it had been a while since she said something with so much confidence.   

 

Tiffany’s face brightened up immediately.

 

“I thought you’d never ask.”

 

“That’s because I kind of assumed you knew. I’m sorry I’ve never been in a relationship before.” The insecurities were quick to resurface.

 

Tiffany leaned over and kissed her cheek, and then sat up immediately before Taeyeon could even begin to hyperventilate.

 

“Stop apologising.” Tiffany said while Taeyeon stared at Tiffany’s back.

 

Taeyeon could feel the heat in her cheeks and it was making its way up to her ears.

 

Tiffany turned around to face Taeyeon, her eyes disappeared into crescents and her hand reached to touch Taeyeon’s ear, caressing the lobe between her thumb and index finger.

 

“Your ears are red.” Tiffany whispered and Taeyeon just imagined them growing even redder. “I guess we’re both newbies at this huh?”

 

Taeyeon sat up in surprise. Someone as beautiful as Tiffany must have millions chasing after her.

 

“I’ve never had a girlfriend before and I’ve only had one boyfriend. It didn’t last long. I don’t think I was ready for a relationship then…but it’s different with you, I’ve never felt like this with anyone.” Tiffany looked straight into Taeyeon’s eyes.

 

Their gazes locked for a small amount of time before Tiffany’s slowly moved down towards Taeyeon’s lips and back up again. Taeyeon made no movement as she watched Tiffany part her lips, her top row of teeth side-biting the bottom lip. It was an alluring sight and Taeyeon almost protested when Tiffany released her bottom lip.

 

“Can I…” Tiffany spoke with hesitancy, unlike the confident Tiffany she knew. “Can I kiss you…your lips?” It seemed blushing was contagious.

 

It was the first time Taeyeon thought another person, apart from Miyeon, was cute. She nodded slightly.

 

“Really?” Tiffany asked again just to make sure.

 

“Really.” Taeyeon replied.

 

Tiffany slowly leaned in. As she came closer, Taeyeon could sense her heart beat picking up. She held her breath and closed her eyes.

 

Their first kiss…ended before Taeyeon could even register the pressure upon her lips. The spark extinguishing as soon as it was ignited. Tiffany pecked her lips and moved back immediately. Always the cautious one.

 

“Taeyeon-ah.” Tiffany called her name and she opened her eyes. “Are you okay?”

 

Surprisingly, Taeyeon had never felt better.

 

She blinked a couple of times before moving closer to Tiffany. Today, Taeyeon had already thrown caution to the wind. If Tiffany was too cautious then it was up to Taeyeon to show Tiffany just how much she could handle.

 

“Tae-” Tiffany’s words were cut off as Taeyeon’s lips met hers again.

 

The kiss was nothing like the first kiss they shared and Tiffany found herself quickly melting into the kiss. It was slow and gentle. Taeyeon led while Tiffany followed. She wanted to show Tiffany what she was capable of. Tiffany didn’t know where to place her hands, didn’t know whether she could touch Taeyeon anymore than this, so she placed them awkwardly behind her back.

 

“Fany-ah.” Taeyeon smiled. “You don’t have to be too careful with me. I’ll tell you when I’m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter