One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

The Perfect Two
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Taeyeon yawns and stretches before rolling out of bed. It was a Saturday morning yet Taeyeon never fails to wake up at the same time each day. Although still half asleep Taeyeon still was able to make her bed straightening out all the creases and making sure her pillows were perfectly positioned, her dukoong toy placed dead in the centre of the bed. Taeyeon reached over and turns her lamp off. She slips on her slippers and walks in a half-asleep state towards the bathroom that was adjoined to her bedroom. She stops midway and turns back to look at her bed again, something was not right. Taeyeon walks back to her bed again reaching over to push her dukoong a further 1cm to the right. Now it was perfectly centered and Taeyeon felt a little less anxious. Taeyeon opens the bathroom door and her eyes widen as she is met with a pair of dark eyes that were similar to her own but with the addition of a mischievous glint.

 

"H-how did you get in here? It's daytime, you shouldn't be out here." Taeyeon stutters.

 

"I just wanted to greet you." Hayeon walks towards her.

 

"No, go away, you shouldn't be here." Taeyeon backs away.

 

"Fine, I'll disappear. See you when night comes sister." Hayeon smiles and then leaves. Taeyeon closes the bathroom door behind her. Taeyeon shakes her head, Hayeon was becoming a bit too daring these days, coming out of her dark room when she wasn't supposed to and Taeyeon did not like it one bit.

 

After Taeyeon freshened up she took one last look at her room to check if anything was out of place before going down stairs to get some breakfast.

 

"Good morning Tae." Mrs Kim places a plate of bacon and eggs in front of Taeyeon. "Did you have a nice sleep?"

 

Taeyeon yawns and covers with her hands. "Mmmmhmmm." she nods her head.

 

"Where's Miyeon?" Taeyeon glances around the kitchen but sees no sign of her sister.

 

"I think she's still sleeping." Mrs Kim replies.

 

"I'll go check on her." Taeyeon gets up from the table.

 

"Finish your breakfast first." Mrs Kim calls out to Taeyeon who had already run up the stairs.

 

"I want to eat with Miyeon." Taeyeon's voice calls back. Taeyeon stands in front of the door with a pink sign labeled “Miyeon's Room" decorated with fairies and flowers. She places her hand on the doorknob and turns it slowly. Taeyeon enters and tiptoes over to the sleeping girl on the bed. She smiles at the sight of her little sister hugging a teddy bear and snoring softly.

 

"You are too cute my little Miyeon." Taeyeon bends down and places a kiss the girl's forehead before climbing into bed with her. Taeyeon pulls Miyeon into her chest and hugs the girl, her hair. Miyeon squirms in Taeyeon's embrace and her eyes flutter open to face Taeyeon. The little girl's eyes widen and she bursts out crying, her little hands ball into fists and she repeatedly punches Taeyeon's chest.

 

"Go away! Go away!" Miyeon screams as she thrashes about trying to get away from Taeyeon.

 

"Shhh, shhh." Taeyeon hugs Miyeon against her. "Miyeon-ah, it's me, Tae unnie. Tell me what's wrong." Taeyeon pats the girl's back.

 

"T-tae unnie?" Miyeon sniffles. "You aren't Hayeon unnie?" Miyeon begins to calm down. Taeyeon's body stiffens when she hears the name of her twin coming from Miyeon's lips. She tightens her hold on the little girl possessively. Taeyeon brings her hand up and wipes away Miyeon's tears with the pad of her thumb.

 

"Tell unnie what made you cry?" Taeyeon cooed and Miyeon's hair, running her fingers down the girl's cheek and ending on her neck. Miyeon flinched when Taeyeon's fingers grazed her neck. Taeyeon lifted her hand and gasped at the ugly blue and purple marks around Miyeon's neck.

 

"D-did she do this to you?" Taeyeon's voice quivered.

 

Miyeon nodded slightly and buried her head into Taeyeon's chest.

 

"Oh Miyeon." Taeyeon cries, tears rolling down her cheeks. "I'm so sorry. You know that Hayeon doesn't mean to do these things. She is sick. I know that she loves you just as much as I do." Taeyeon ran her hand up and down Miyeon's back. Miyeon wraps her small arms around Taeyeon's neck.

 

"Don't cry unnie." Miyeon wipes away Taeyeon's tears with her little fingers. "Miyeon knows that Hayeon unnie is sick."

 

"You are such a smart girl." Taeyeon nuzzles noses with Miyeon. As she pulls away Taeyeon opens her mou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter