That Special Someone

The Perfect Two
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“How are things with Yuri?” Tiffany asked Jessica. The two were both lying on Tiffany’s bed. Jessica was sleeping over at Tiffany’s house for the weekend.

 

Jessica let out a defeated sigh.

 

“That doesn’t sound too good.” Tiffany turned to the side and propped her head up on her hand.

 

“I don't know what to make of it. It doesn't even feel like I'm dating someone."

 

"Hmm?"

 

"I know it's stupid but I can't help feeling jealous that Yuri spends more time with Taeyeon than she does with me. I'm beginning to think that getting into this relationship was a mistake from the beginning."

 

"Jessie, I think that Yuri just cares about Taeyeon. She told me that she was somehow responsible for Taeyeon turning out the way she is."

 

"I know."

 

"You know what happened?"

 

"Not exactly but Yuri did tell me that Taeyeon was important to her. Still, can't she just spare me 5 seconds to reply back to my messages or something? Sometimes I forget that I even have a girlfriend."

 

"You should talk to her about it then."

 

"I did." Jessica closed her eyes.

 

***

 

[Flashback]

 

Jessica sat alone in the ice-cream shop, she glanced down at her watch for the 3rd time. Yuri was late, again, and Jessica wasn't impressed. She poked at the melted vanilla ice-cream with her spoon and sighed.

 

Suddenly a bunch of roses popped down in front of her. Jessica lifted her head up to see who it was only to have Yuri lean down and steal an upside-down kiss from her. The ice-princess momentarily forgot about her anger.

 

"Yah, you're late!" Jessica pushed Yuri away and glared at the taller girl.

 

"Sorry." Yuri scratched her head and pulled out the seat opposite Jessica. "I went to get you these." Yuri placed the bouquet on the table.

 

"Oh?" Jessica's face softened. It was the first time Taeyeon wasn't the cause of Yuri's tardiness.

 

It was true that Yuri was late buying flowers for Jessica, but she would have made it on time if she had left Taeyeon's house a little earlier.

 

“Ooh vanilla, Taeng’s favourite.” Yuri eyed Jessica’s ice-cream. “I wonder if she has any left. I’ll ask.” Yuri pulled out her phone and began texting Taeyeon.

 

It’s always about her isn’t it?

 

Jessica smiled weakly.

 

Yuri pressed send and placed her phone down on the table.

 

“Did you read the card?” Yuri pointed to a card hanging around the bouquet of roses.

 

Jessica opened up the card and two movie tickets fell out.

 

“Frozen?” Jessica read the title printed on the tickets.

 

“I don’t know if you like Disney movie’s or not but when I saw the trailer Elsa reminded me of you so much. But of course you’re prettier.” Yuri grinned.

 

“Disney movie’s are my favourite.” Jessica beamed.

 

“Me too! I haven’t been to the movies in a while. I have no one to go with since Taeyeon is…you know. Let’s g-, oh hang on.” Yuri’s phone vibrated and she read the message. “Taeng said she already has some ice-cream at home. Thank goodness, I think I would have to skip the movie if she wanted me to get her some. Well, let’s go then.” Yuri extended her hand and the two exited the ice-cream shop.

 

Jessica wasn’t paying attention to the movie at all. She kept thinking about Yuri’s earlier words.

 

Were you really going to cancel our date just because Taeyeon wanted some ice-cream?

 

“Haha, Sica look at him, he’s so cute.” Yuri pointed to the screen. Jessica closed her eyes, trying to stop her tears from falling.

 

Yuri-ah, do you know that you’re special to me?

 

The movie finished and Yuri stood up preparing to leave.

 

Jessica grabbed Yuri’s hand and pulled her back down into the seat. “Stay here for a while.”

 

The rest of the cinema patrons left, leaving the two sitting alone in the darkness. It was better like this, so Yuri wouldn’t be able to see her tears. There was a long silence as many thoughts were going through Jessica's mind.

 

"Yuri-ah...I think that we should have a break." Jessica whispered.

 

"A break?!?"

 

"Yes, I don't think you are ready for a relationship, your mind is to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter