Chasing Away Your Fears

The Perfect Two
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The first time it happened was the most terrifying.

 

[Flashback]

 

She woke up to find herself in a blindingly white room. The silence was deafening. There was nothing in the room save for a bed, in which she was lying on, and a mirror on the opposite wall. The room was not new to her. She had been here before, when she had tried to end her life multiple times and they needed someplace for her to be under constant supervision. Her left arm ached and she looked down to see her hand bandaged up. What had happened? She could not remember. The last thing she could recall was singing happy birthday to Miyeon. She was lost and scared. Where was Miyeon? Where was Yuri? She drew her knees up to her chest and hugged herself. She heard voices, they sounded like they were arguing. It was coming from the mirror. One of the voices sounded like Yuri.

 

"Yuri?" Taeyeon walked over to the mirror. She could not see anything except for the reflection of herself, with a bruised eye, staring back at her.

 

There was a rustle as the door opened and Yuri stepped into the room followed by 4 security guards and another person which Taeyeon assumed was a doctor due to his white coat.

 

"I don't need security." Yuri hissed and glared at the 5 men.

 

The guards turned to look at the doctor waiting for an order.

 

“If something goes wrong then we-”

 

“Don’t worry, I won’t sue you.” Yuri cut in. The doctor sighed and reluctantly agreed to Yuri's request.

 

"Press the button if something happens, we'll be right outside." The doctor gave a small rectangular device to Yuri before leaving. It was a duress alarm.

 

The door closed leaving only Yuri and Taeyeon in the room.

 

"Taeng, are you alright?" Yuri eyed her with worry. "Come, and I will explain everything." Yuri took Taeyeon's hand and led the way over to the bed.

 

"Why am I here?" Taeyeon asked.

 

"Do you remember what happened?"

 

Taeyeon shook her head. "I only remember singing happy birthday and what happened afterwards I don't know."

 

"You had a psychotic episode,"

 

"A what?"

 

"A psychotic episode, I only just learned about it. To put it simply it's when you lose contact with reality and you aren't...well...you just aren't you…and it's not something that you can control."

 

"So I'm crazy."

 

Yuri sighed. "Don't say that."

 

The mood was gloomy so Taeyeon tried to change that.

 

"So what did I do when I went crackers? Did I do that?" Taeyeon pointed to Yuri's bandaged arm. "And you have to tell me the whole truth, you’re a bad liar." Taeyeon playfully warned and Yuri smiled weakly.

 

"You have to know that what happened was beyond your control." Yuri emphasised before recounting the afternoon's events.

.

.

.

 

Taeyeon couldn't stop the tears as Yuri finished the story.

 

"I...I tried to kill her...I tried to kill my own sister, and I hurt you as well." Taeyeon sobbed. "This wouldn't have happened if you had let me die, why didn't you just let me die Yuri?" Taeyeon was referring to her past suicide attempts, where Yuri had saved her each time.

 

Yuri could no longer hold back her tears and pulled Taeyeon into her embrace. "Because if you died...then I would have died too."

 

[End flashback]

 

***

 

Tiffany didn’t expect Taeyeon to be at school today, so seeing the girl sitting in her seat at the back corner of the classroom came as a pleasant surprise.

 

“Hey.” Tiffany greeted as she walked over to her seat next to Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon remained silent, not even sparing Tiffany a glance.

 

Taeyeon was afraid, afraid that Tiffany was afraid of her…scared that Tiffany would now see her as a monster.

 

“Taeyeon-ah. Are you okay now?”

 

Tiffany cares…she still cares.

 

Taeyeon’s heart fluttered…and it wasn’t due to her anxiety.

 

“I’m…o...” Taeyeon wanted to say she was okay but really she wasn’t, she would never be okay. “I’m sorry.” These words were much easier to say.

 

Tiffany’s heart tugged when she heard Taeyeon’s apology. She could feel a mountain of pain behind those two words. It must be something that Taeyeon said a lot for it to come out as easily as that.

 

“Why do you keep apologising?” Tiffany sat down. “I know that it wasn’t your fault.”

 

She know, she knows, she knows.

 

Tiffany saw Taeyeon shaking and she wanted it to stop…so she daringly gathered th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter