I Love You

The Perfect Two
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hayeon finished the race and sped off leaving a cloud of dust in her wake. She didn’t bother to stop and acknowledge her victory or to discuss the division of her prize money, this new bike would be her payment…she had other more important things to do while the night was still young. She had given Taeyeon far too much time with that Tiffany girl and now it was time she did something about it.

 

Hayeon found herself outside the premises of Soshi State High staring up at the towering wrought iron gates that prevented her from entering the school grounds…but not for long. Hayeon rolled her shoulders to loosen up the muscles before leaping up to grab onto the cold metal poles. She climbed the gates with ease and jumped off the other side. She dusted herself off and walked towards Taeyeon’s classroom.

 

It wasn’t the first time the Kim had broken into her sister's school so she knew exactly where to go. Hayeon walked up the stairs and stopped outside Taeyeon’s classroom. She pushed the loose window aside, swung her leg over the ledge and hoisted herself into the classroom. She closed the window and flicked her torch shining it around the empty classroom. Hayeon made her way over to Taeyeon’s desk in the corner, pulling the seat out and sitting in it. She leaned back so that the chair was balancing on its two hind legs and rested her feet on the desk as she folded her hands behind her head.

 

Hayeon often wondered what it would be like to go to school. She often found herself sitting alone in the classroom at night when she couldn’t stand her father’s lecturing any longer or when things at the club got too boring. Today was different, she had another purpose. Hayeon set the chair back on the ground again and glanced sideways at the desk next to her.

 

Tiffany.

 

Just the thought of her name made Hayeon want to strangle someone to vent her anger. If only she could put a face to the name, then she could imagine herself strangling Tiffany. But this wasn't possible since she had never seen the girl before. This girl just didn’t know her place, couldn’t she see that Taeyeon was afraid? It was time Tiffany learnt her lesson.

 

Hayeon pulled out a can of spray paint from her bag. She shook the can a few times and squeezed down on the nozzle allowing the stream of redness to send a message of warning to the Hwang girl. She smiled at her finished masterpiece before pulling out a lighter…

 

***

 

Tiffany waved goodbye to her dad and skipped into the deserted school grounds. She hoped that Taeyeon would be at school at this time since she had caught the girl at school at an extremely early time on one occasion. Tiffany stopped in front of the classroom and pushed the door, that was already opened a crack, and entered the classroom. She knocked on the door to get the attention of the other girl in the room and waved when Taeyeon turned around to face her. Taeyeon’s eyes widened as she watched Tiffany skip over. Taeyeon reamined unmoved from her position between Tiffany and her desk and Tiffany stopped in her tracks as she didn’t want to come too close so as not to scare the girl. Taeyeon kept her back to the desks, as if she was trying to hide something. Tiffany stood on her tiptoes to try and get a peek of what was behind the shorter girl's back. Tiffany saw Taeyeon holding a cloth in her hand, the cloth was soaked in a red liquid.

 

“Oh my gosh, Taeyeon! Are you injured?” Tiffany gasped thinking the redness was blood. It wouldn’t be the first time Taeyeon turned up to school with multiple cuts and bruises on her arms and hands and Tiffany thought this was another one of her injuries. Tiffany had her suspicious about the happenings within the Kim family home.

 

Taeyeon quickly shook her head but reluctantly stepped to the side revealing the damaged state of Tiffany’s desk.

 

Tiffany gulped as she made out the crimson smudged words that stained her desk.

 

KEEP AWAY FROM HER.

 

She turned to her chair and saw some words carved out and then painted over with red on the wooden seat.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter