New School

The Perfect Two
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Tiffany thanked the bus driver before hopping off the school bus. She straightened out her skirt and fixed up her bangs before glancing over her shoulder to check if her best friend was following. Jessica jumped off the bus and stormed past Tiffany without giving the girl a second glance, her shoulder hitting Tiffany’s in the process making Tiffany lose her balance. Tiffany rolled her eyes and blew her bangs as she quickened her pace to catch up to the ice princess.

 

“Oh come on Jessie, I came back really late last night and didn’t have a chance to tell you. And it was so hectic this morning trying to get ready for school that it just slipped my mind.” Tiffany slung her arm around the blonde girls shoulders. Jessica remained silent and continued walking ahead. She was sulking because Tiffany didn’t inform her that she was back in Korea.

 

“Fine be like that, I can just give your gift to someone else.” Tiffany held out a box that she had brought back from America. Jessica’s eyes sparkled and she reached for the box only to have it pulled away. “You can only have it if you start talking to me again.” Tiffany bargained.

 

“Gimme, gimme, gimme.” Jessica chanted and Tiffany handed the box to her friend. Jessica ripped the wrapping to shreds in seconds. “Oh. My. God. I love you.” Jessica squealed in delight, clutching the Chanel wallet to her chest. “Woohoo, senior year here we come.” Jessica skipped ahead.

 

Tiffany shook her head and smiled at her friend, who was so easy to please.

 

“Let’s do this.” Tiffany said to herself with determination and marched towards the entrance of Soshi High School, a school exclusively for girls.

 

“Tiffany, is that you?” a female voice said and the two girl’s turned around. “Oh my god! It is you.” Tiffany was suddenly pulled into an embrace. “Guys, guys, guys Tiffany is back!” The tall girl shouted and waved her hands to signal the rest of her friends over. A stampede of footsteps was heard and Tiffany felt herself being yanked out of the taller girls grasp and then pulled into the arms of another. Her body was passed around in turn as each of the 5 girls hugged her.

 

“You people are suffocating her.” Jessica huffed and pulled Tiffany behind her.

 

“Sorry Jessica unnie, we just missed Tiffany unnie a lot.” Seohyun, the youngest of the group, spoke up.

 

“Aww, that is so sweet, I missed you too.” Tiffany patted the maknae on the head.

 

“Woohoo, now we can go back to being the 6 princesses again.” Sooyoung fist-pumped.

 

“Ahem, don’t you mean seven?” Jessica interrupted.

 

“Nope, because you are a dwarf.” Sooyoung stuck her tongue out.

 

“You did not just say that.” Jessica fumed.

 

“Are you making fun of us short people?” Hyoyeon seethed, Sooyoung just shrugged, she wasn’t afraid of these midgets. Sooyoung turned around to face her girlfriend, reaching for the shorter girl’s hand but she yanked it away before Sooyoung could take it.

 

“Don’t you dare touch me since I’m a dwarf too.” Sunny glared at the taller girl.

 

“But, but, but-” Sooyoung waved her arms in defense. “It’s just her.” Sooyoung pointed at Jessica. “Not you my Sunny bunny, you’re my cute little pixie.” Sooyoung hugged Sunny but the shorter girl just shoved Sooyoung away.

 

“Insulting one of us means you’re insulting us all.” Sunny stomped off. Seohyun and Yoona giggled at their silly unnies. Tiffany also chuckled...how she missed this.

 

***

 

Tiffany had been living in the States for the past 4 years. After her mother's passing, her father wanted a change in atmosphere and so applied for a new job in the United States. Dr Hwang was a well-known oncologist, however after his wife's death he fell into a slump. He felt responsible for her passing, he was an oncologist and yet he couldn't even save the person he loved most from being taken away by a brain tumour. He decided he no longer wanted to be an oncologist, he was sick of facing death everyday so he turned to research, wanting to find a cure for cancer, a disease that had beaten him on countless occasions. America led the world in cancer research and was glad to have one of Seoul's most successful oncologists join the team. For 4 years Tiffany's father searched high and low for the exact composition of elements needed to create a wonder drug that could beat cancer, he was at the forefront of cancer research. However, as success grew closer, the United States government handed him a contract to not leak any information to any outside sources, that this research must remain in the United Stares. They wanted to patent his work as their own and Tiffany's father did not agree with this. He was from the Republic of Korea and he wanted to develop this drug for his country, he didn't want the US taking credit for his research. So he contacted the research centers back in Seoul and they were more than happy to allow the research trials and experiments to be conducted here. Tiffany's father felt that it was about time that he returned back to his home country. He resumed his role as director of Seoul National Hospital spending a few days a week at the hospital while the majority of his time was focused on research of which was funded by Kim Pharmaceuticals, the largest and most successful pharmaceutical company in East Asia, their products were distributed worldwide. To the public Dr Hwang's enthusiasm and determination to find a cure was driven by the passing of his wife, but there was a much more important reason that was the driving force behind his intense efforts.

 

***

 

“Why didn’t you tell us you were coming back Tiffany?” Hyoyeon asked as the seven girls entered the school grounds.

 

“I only got back yesterday night and I didn’t have time to, besides I wanted to surprise everyone. Jessica found out first since we catch the same bus.” Tiffany explained.

 

"Oh." Hyoyeon nodded. "Well it's great that you're back, I have a feeling that this will be the best year ever!" Hyoyeon grinned.  

 

*DING DONG DING DONG DING DONG* The school bell rung.

 

"Bye unnies, we'll see you at lunch." Seohyun waved to her unnies as she and Yoona left to go to their classrooms. They were yet to be seniors, they were one year younger than their unnies.

 

The 4 seniors entered their classroom and resumed their seats.

 

"Where do I sit?" Tiffany asked Jessica. Everyone resumed their usual seats from last year and Tiffany, being the "new" girl, didn't know where to sit.

 

"Uhhh..." Jessica scanned the room for any spare desks. There were two left, one next to her but it already had an occupant, who was always fashionably late. As much as Jessica wanted Tiffany to take that seat she didn't want to be rude and kick the person out without asking for permission first. The other free desk was situated in the corner, it was a seat that everyone avoided and also because the person sitting in the corner did not want anyone sitting next to them so had made a special request to the teacher.

 

"Hyoyeon, you think you could change seats so that Tiffany can

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter