Chapter 35 - Hot On Your Trail

Monkey Love Fishy II - Forever and Always

 

Y POV

            Next stop, the city of romance. Paris, here we come. I looked at Kyuhyun. He was tired. The dark circles under his eyes were obvious. I placed a hand over his. “Hey, we shouldn’t leave so quickly.”

            He shook his head. “We know for a fact that Donghae’s in Paris now. We need to catch up to him while we know of his whereabouts. Obviously we won’t always get lucky and meet the maid we did today. We need to grab our chances now.”

            I nodded. “But you look so tired, Kyu. You aren’t supposed to be so tired. The dark circles are so bad.”

            He rubbed his hand over his eyes and grinned. “It’s alright. I promise you, I’m fine. Just don’t worry about me too much. We just need to solve their problems and then we can take a breather.”

            I sighed. “They have such hard lives.”

            He laughed bitterly. “I think we live similar lives too. It’s not like we can hold hands in public either.”

            I placed a hand over his mouth. “Shush. Let’s keep them together first. We’re fine for now. Secret or not. It’ll be like that song about the secret love, right?”

            He scoffed. “It’s a hard life, Yoong.”

            “Puhlease, as if I’m scared. I have you here don’t I? That’s all that matters.” He leaned over and pinched my cheeks.

            “It’ll take a while to get to Paris. Here, lean on my shoulder. I’m more comfortable than the headrest. We need to sleep a little.”

            I rested myself against him and closed my eyes. When the plane landed, I missed the announcement and it was Kyuhyun who shook me up gently. “Come on. When you were sleeping, I walked around and realized that some of the crew has just arrived. If you look down the aisle, that man is part of the crew. I heard they’re leaving Paris today. We got really lucky. So we’re going to follow them.”

            I slid on my sunglasses. “Follow them? That’s what we’re good at.”

            Discreetly, we got off the plane and I hurried to get my luggage. Kyuhyun, meawhile, was going to follow the camera crew. I hurriedly went to find our two small bags and then called him. “Where are you?”

            “I have a cab at the east gate. Come meet me there.”

            I walked out and Kyuhyun grabbed the luggage from me. “Driver, kindly please follow that cab. They left something with me.”

            The driver nodded and I let out a sigh of relief. Maybe the French dictionary was of use. I tapped him. “How did you learn to speak French so well?”

            He grinned and held up his dictionary. “Works wonders. And I had to learn quite a bit for our SMTown.” I patted his hand.

            “Genius. I’m dating a genius.”

            The car stopped at a hotel and we got out. I walked in and registered while Kyuhyun packed up and pretended to be part of the crew. I watched him go and prayed he wouldn’t be noticed.

K POV

            The moment we were led into the casts’ rooms, I knew I would have trouble. I made sure to duck and hide. The last thing I wanted was to be caught. I stole a look into the room and saw Donghae. He was sitting in a corner, with his music on. He looked tired and stressed out. I winced. He was having just as rough a time as Eunhyuk was.

            I made an excuse and backed out of the doors quickly. But the last thing I heard was the crew telling him, “Donghae-shi, you’re going to have to go under your disguise again and go to the airport. We will need you to leave by tonight. After dinner.”

            Donghae nodded. “I got it.” His tired voice made me jolt. “Seven I’ll be downstairs.”

            I ran out. When I saw Yoona, I grabbed her arm. “We got to leave. Donghae’s leaving at seven.”

            Her face dropped. “Are you serious? We can’t even see Paris?”    

            “Aish, Yoona! They’re leaving. We have to make sure we see Donghae.”

            She nodded. “Alright. So what’s the plan?”

            “Easy. We follow him and accost him.”

            She shook her head. “No way. There are so many bodyguards around him. How would they react if someone entered their circle.”

            I thought a while. Then we’ll wait for him at the airport. Do you want to wait there?”

            Yoona sighed. “Yeah. I guess so. I swear, if we don’t get to talk to him, I’m going to scream.”

            We went back into the airport. I felt bad for dragging Yoona everywhere but this was for the greater good. We waited and waited. By eight o’clock we were ready. Each person who came through, we went crazy. When finally Donghae and his crew came in, I stood up and we started to worm our way through.

            The bodyguards blocked our way and I had no choice. “Hyung! Look at me! Hyung, you have to look at me. We need to talk. Please!”

            For a split second, he looked up and we had eye contact. Donghae’s face paled and I waved frantically. Then a crowd split us and once more, we failed.