Chapter 33 - Spilling the Beans

Monkey Love Fishy II - Forever and Always

 

E POV

            I had to go through my schedules. Even though I had no energy, I had to do my job. Today was another day at Sukira. I was getting tired of answering questions. Some fans had said they noticed how tired I was, and with those comments, I was burdened to use more effort to smile.

            Sometimes they would ask about Donghae. When that happens, Leeteuk would go off on a tangent and hit and miss the target. I never answered questions about him. If I did, I would be done. But today, Leeteuk had another hosting show and it was just me. Everyone else had their own schedules so I was on my own. I prayed that the fans would be merciful.

            I played the songs and tried my best to be funny, entertaining. It seemed to work a little bit. But then the questions came. “How’s Donghae?” “We haven’t seen Donghae in a while. Is he okay?”

            I told the vague answer the company wanted me to but then a fan asked, “Is he really sick? Did he leave the company?” At that, I no longer knew what to say. I quickly signed off and curled into a ball. I stood to go to the bathroom but the tears were already coming.

            I pushed past the staff. They watched me go and quickly started another program. Within minutes, Leeteuk came to me. He hugged me and Ryeowook was there too. “Hyung, he’s hurting.”

            I cried and curled into a ball, trying to not think about Donghae in the ground, Donghae unable to laugh and smile. My sobs permeated through the small room and eventually the other members gathered. They must have all been contacted. Siwon and Shindong picked me up and I let them take me to the van. I cried until there were no more tears left.

K POV

            Watching Eunhyuk cry hurt. It hurt to see that he was crying and it was even worse to know that he could be very happy had it not been for a certain witch and a certain foolish fish. I  clucked my tongue.

            When we got back to the dorm, Sungmin also shed tears. “I wish Donghae could see the mess he’s left behind. Poor Eunhyuk-shi, to lose the love of his life this way.”

            At this, Ryeowook cried and Yesung started to sniffle as well. I watched as the other members began to disintergrate and felt a sense of injustice so deep it stabbed at me. I stood and pulled Leeteuk-Hyung out of the room.

            “You should at least tell the members the truth. I’m working on convincing Donghae to come back. The members would respect his plan and I don’t think they would tell him. They would understand what Donghae wants to do. It’s enough that you have to have Eunhyuk suffer, but don’t make the others suffer as well. Eunhyuk’s asleep. I’ll go check on him. You go explain.”

            We walked back into the room and Leeteuk cleared his throat. “I think I have a long story to tell. Donghae is still alive.”

            At this, the members came alive. They started to bombard him with questions, asking him how he knew and whether this was a joke. But Leeteuk made sure everyone had settled down before speaking. He told the whole story, including the postcards.

            This was when I felt obliged to pitch in. “I found out about the postcards. And now I’m taking action. Yoona and I have already contacted Donghae. We’ve gone to Taiwan to see if he left any traces. The next two postcards are from Indonesia and Paris. We’re going to Indonesia tomorrow and then straight to Paris. I’m going to catch Donghae if it’s the last thing I do.”

            “We’re not telling Eunhyuk, I assume,” Kangin commented dryly.

            “No, absolutely not. We need to respect Donghae. Give him the time he asked for.” And all the members nodded, some grimly, some unwillingly but they agreed.

            Ryeowook dabbed his eyes and sighed. “If I ever meet LeiLei again, she better watch out,” he threatened darkly. And I knew that he meant it.