Chapter 31 - Don't Wanna Love You

Monkey Love Fishy II - Forever and Always

 

E POV

            Leeteuk entered my room again and I recognized the postcard. I sighed. He won’t give up. “What is it this time?”

            He looked uncomfortable. “Ah, basically, it’s not much. I think you need to dance. Dancing has always been your passion. Maybe, to forget him, you should dance “I Wanna Love You” with a girl.”

            I stood up and scoffed. “You think that by dancing to the song that was ours, I would easily forget him? I don’t think so. And I’m not interested in other girls.”

            Leeteuk looked forlorn. “I know. But I’m trying so hard here. Please try. I promise if you can’t do it, you can always stop.” He looked so miserable and I knew he was just trying to help.

            I looked at him. “Fine. And why do you write all your tasks on a postcard?”

            He looked scared for a second; all the blood drained from his face. “Ah, old age, you know.” He chuckled as if joking. “I just wanted to make it seem more official.” And he left the room before I could ask anymore. This was suspicious. But I let it drop.

            I sat down heavily on my bed. Ridiculous. Of all the things he had asked me to do, this one may be the most ineffective. But I knew loopholes when I saw them. I didn’t have to ask a girl I liked or who liked me. I knew exactly who to ask.

            “Hey, Yoona? Do you want to meet me by the dancing studio?”

            “Today?” she sounded surprised. This was the first time I had voluntarily called her since the accident.

            “Yes. In fifteen minutes. I have a task that I need to do.”

            She was quiet. “Oppa, is this the task that Leeteuk-Oppa is making you do?”

            I laughed bitterly. “So you know about it too? Yes, that’s right. He wants me to dance to “I Wanna Love You” because apparently that will make all my problems go away.”

            She was quiet for a while and then her voice came over, soothing and comforting. “Aish, I’ll be right there.”

            I robotically put on my dancing outfit and tipped the hat downwards on my face. I guess I just had to be professional and pretend it was any old dance I had to do. If I thought anymore, I would go insane.

            I entered the dark studio and was grateful that there were no comebacks. None of the trainees were here either, leaving us alone to peace. I set up the stereo and my iPod and felt a lump in my throat. This felt too much like the old times when Donghae and I would come to the studio and practice by ourselves. I closed my eyes, trying not to relieve the pain.

            The doors opened and Yoona walked in. She too was dressed and she smiled wanly at me. “Hey, I sort of know the moves, but you may have to teach me. I tried to watch all the possible videos and I have an idea of how to dance the other girl’s part.”

            I nodded mutely. If I spoke, I would really start to bawl. I bit my lip and forced myself to remain strong. I cannot break down. Not in front of Yoona. She already sacrificed so much for us and I didn’t want her sympathy or pity.

            She stood awkwardly and I closed my eyes. The moves would be very simple. I practically have it memorized. I leaned over and pressed the on button. The familiar chords in the beginning hit me. I was alone at the start.

            I started to dance and kept my emotions out of it. I knew my movements were stiff. But Yoona watched. I didn’t want to look at her. She may just make me cry.

            My throat constricted. It was Donghae’s turn. I could hear his voice, echoing over the speakers, resonating in the room. My heart squeezed. Everything hurt. Yoona danced her part dutifully and every once in a while, she would touch my chest, as if her palm would have a healing power.

            I tried to get through my rap. But the tears were coming. I could feel the scratchiness in my throat, feel myself about to lose control. Only when Yoona subbed in for Donghae and it was our favorite part, did I finally let loose.

            I held onto Yoona, almost knocking her to the ground. I cried. I let out my sorrows and my grief and knew that Leeteuk wouldn’t mind if I stopped now. Yoona rubbed my back soothingly and I could hear her tiny hiccups as well. I closed my eyes. Donghae, why did you leave me?
Y POV

            When Eunhyuk started crying, I was cut. I knew that this was another of his hare-brained ideas but Donghae really had no idea of its effect. I knew how much pain he was in and was at a loss. Why couldn’t I have more power to help?

            After soaking through my shirt, he pulled away and avoided my eyes. “I’m sorry,” he mumbled thickly, wiping at his face. I didn’t say anything, instead packed everything up and took his hand.

            “Let’s go home.”

            I told Kyuhyun what happened and he looked strangely grim. “Yoona, we can’t keep doing this any longer. I’m going to have to personally go chase that idiot back. Come with me?”

            As if he had to ask. I took his hand and nodded. “Let’s do this.”

 

I guess there will be a triquel. I had no idea so many of you were still reading and this honestly really touches me. I don't get a lot of comments but I guess as long as people are still reading, it's all worth it.

I love writing these and it's honestly why I first came to this site. I want to thank every one of my readers for joining me on this long ride ♥

Monkey Emoticons