Chapter 28 - Contacting Hae

Monkey Love Fishy II - Forever and Always

 

Y POV

            The first text I received was from Kyuhyun. It was short and urgent. “Come meet me in the practice room.”

            I raced there, apologizing to the members, not really telling them what was going on. It didn’t matter. They were too busy fawning over Jessica’s baby anyway. I swallowed and saw Kyuhyun tapping two rectangles against his palm, pacing as he waited for me. He looked up at the sound of my footsteps.

            “Donghae’s still alive.”

            My knees went weak. I stared at him. “Are you serious? How do you know?” My words tumbled over one another, as I tried to figure out what was going on. He looked at me and nodded gravely. He held out the two postcards and I looked at them. They were indeed signed by him and I could recognize his handwriting.

            “What’s the meaning of this?”

            He placed an arm around my waist and led me into the room. “Read the contents. Basically, Donghae got on the wrong plane. We have to thank his luck for that. But it also made him think. He figured that if he stayed away then maybe Eunhyuk will forget him.”

            “What?” I sputtered. “So he’s willing to live the rest of his life in exile? He’s going to hide forever, and not let his family ever know that he’s still alive?”

            He placed a finger against my lips. “Shh! Not this loud. I’m going to have to confront him. He’s being stupid. And, get this he’s planning on coming back.”

            “How? Is he stupid?”

            “Those postcards are specific tasks he had set up. He wants them to be done, thinking that will make Eunhyuk hate him. This is how he plans on kicking himself out of his heart. Then he’s going to come back and endure the hatred.”

            I laughed. I always loved Donghae oppa  but this was ridiculous. “He’s ridiculous. We need to talk to him.”

            I flipped over the card and saw a number that he had written on the side. “Look, We can call him through here.”

K POV

            The phone rang and rang. I sat next to Yoona and she leaned in. “Pick up, pick up,” I muttered. The phone was picked up at the end. “Who is this?” Donghae’s voice was wary.

            “Hyung, don’t even pretend to lie. Why are you still alive and why the hell are you not back here?”

            There was a pause. “Don’t you dare hang up!” This was Yoona. “Please, oppa, explain yourself to us. I really need to know. Why do you think that it would be this easy? Why do you think that your plan would work?”

            “I did it for him. Do you not know about LeiLei? I’m sure Kyuhyun can tell you.”

            “I know,” Yoona said. “But the only problem is I’m not really sure why you think your plan would work.”

            “I can’t. I really don’t know. I honestly think that I just need to give him time. I’ll always love him, but I can’t have him risking everything for me. It’s for his own good.”

            I scoffed. “For his own good? That’s ridiculous. He’s pining for you. Go ahead and read the letters we just sent. I highly doubt you’re going to see what you expect to see. I’m going to contact you later. But I’ll have to let you know, you cannot have any idea how much he’s hurting right now.”

            “Is he?” there was a crack in his voice and I knew that I had him.

            Yoona chimed in. “Of course. He’s been crying nonstop. He hasn’t been able to let things go. He doesn’t think of letting you go. He still thinks you’re alive. Rightfully so, it appears.”

            He sighed. “I need to go.”

            “You can’t run away forever, Donghae.”

D POV

            The letters came a few days after the phone call. I was scared to look at them. I didn’t know what to do. What would they say? I slowly opened the letter, the first one on top and stared at the tear splots. My heart lurched.

Donghae,

            Leeteuk-hyung wants me to write you a breakup letter. But that’s ridiculous. There’s no way we can be breaking up when we’re still together, when we’re still very much in love. At least I think we are, aren’t we? I’m only going to just write you this one. I don’t think we need to say too much. I miss you, Donghae. Come back to me soon please. I’m going to go insane. It’s so lonely here without you. Please, Donghae?

            I guess I don’t have much to say, except that I love you. Come back soon. I know deep in my heart that you’re still here. I know that you’re still alive. I can feel you.

                                                                                                            Love,

                                                                                                            Your Monkey~

            The letter slipped out of my hands and I cried. I cried my heart out. 

 

I've been here for two years, and this is the most meaningful considering how it is the sequel to my first story.

Thank you to all of you~