Chapter 24 - Task 1

Monkey Love Fishy II - Forever and Always

 

K POV

            I followed Leeteuk into Eunhyuk’s room, anticipating the worst. He wouldn’t take this lightly, I knew. It was going to be a touchy time. Leeteuk placed the postcard in his pocket and walked in.

            “Eunhyuk-shi? I heard about what happened. I think you need to move on. You can’t remain here and mope. No. Donghae won’t ever be coming back. Please, Eunhyuk. Listen to hyung.”

            I winced. That wasn’t necessarily the smartest thing to say. Our dancing machine, normally so vivacious and filled with energy, was rocking back and forth. His face was devoid of anything but a manic grief. He whipped back and forth, shaking his head.

            “No, he’ll be back. He’s just playing a prank. Donghae thinks he’s funny.”

            Leeteuk threw an exasperated glance back at me. I shrugged. I sat next to him. “You need to listen to him. We still have our fans and you cannot disappoint them. The company doesn’t want anything to be leaked as of yet and honestly, do you really think we can just cry all day? You need to shape up.”

            His mouth opened then closed. He shook his head stubbornly and hugged the pillow to himself. “You’re lying to me. I just heard him. He’s still here. Donghae would never leave me.”

            Leeteuk tried to take over but I flipped on the television in the room. The same report was still looping. “There are no known survivors,” the announcer said. Eunhyuk paled and shook his head.

            “You need to throw away everything that reminds you of him. Having them around would hurt you too much, Hyukjae. Please. Just throw them out. All of the memos, all the pictures and the posters. Throw them out, please. It’ll be better for you. Just keep one or two for keepsake.”

            “No!” he screamed. “You can’t have me erase the love of my life. You can’t. I won’t. I will never leave Donghae for anything. Even if he has left me, I will never betray him and forget. Oh dear no, Donghae.” He collapsed on the floor in a ball of tears and I knelt down next to him.

            He was shaking and not just from sobs. I felt his forehead and he was burning. He was sweating and then I knew. He was sick. Eunhyuk’s face was pale as a white sheet and he was trembling. Leeteuk scrambled to call the ambulance and Eunhyuk’s eyes slowly started to drift shut.

D POV

            When I let the postcard go, I wondered how everything would go down. Leeteuk-hyung was responsible. He would make sure that everything went smoothly. I tried not to let my emotions show through. I was going to be undercover for a good five months. I needed to remain my cool image.

            When filming the drama, I tried to put him out of my head. It was hard. When I was home, I allowed myself to look him up. He hasn’t updated, nothing. I knew I would be receiving no information on him for a while.

            I settled back. This was my choice. Time to go through with it. I forced myself to close all the tabs and hide all the photos of him. If he can forget me, then I’ll learn to hide my own pain.

K POV

            At the hospital, I pulled Leeteuk-hyung aside. “Do you really think your plan is going to work?” I raised an eyebrow.

            He set his jaw stubbornly. “I’m going to make it work. I hate to see him like this but he needs to forget Donghae. Or rather, he needs to stop with the feelings.”

            “You think making him hate Donghae would work? Did you not see? He’s still in denial. He’s not thinking straight.”

            “I’ll make him realize.”

            I shook my head. This was madness. But I looked over at the members crowded around Eunhyuk and sighed. If the leader thought it would help, then there’s nothing I can do to stop it. I closed my eyes. Oh Donghae. If only you knew the mess you left behind.

            I called Yoona. “Do you know if LeiLei’s still on the prowl?”

            “I don’t know. She’s been laying low. What happened?”

            I filled her in on Leeteuk’s plan and Eunhyuk’s recent breakdown. Yoona sighed. “Oh, why does everything have to be so complicated? I’ll look in on LeiLei and come visit oppa later. Love you.”

            I shut my phone and decided that if Eunhyuk didn’t recover, then I’m going to force the leader to scrap this idea. 

 

I'm applying for college so no time to update too long.@__@ mianhe!

Monkey Emoticons