Chapter 23 - Card of Truth

Monkey Love Fishy II - Forever and Always

 

D POV

            When an opportunity presents itself, only a fool would reject it. After all, the saying that opportunity is knocking only is true for a very minimal amount of a person’s life. In this case, I was presented with an opportunity. It was a hard decision to make.

            I was on my way to Thailand. In what can only be called as lucky, I had boarded the wrong plane the day I was supposed to go back to Korea. I heard about the tragedy and the one thought that struck me was, “I could have been gone.” Instead, I’m still here and alive. Funny how things happened.

            Nobody knows because I called the company and asked them to list me under leave of absence. I didn’t want to worry the fans, but I had a plan. I had a plan to make all these problems go away and I was about to carry it out. After I realized I had boarded the wrong plane to Laos, I knew that fate had intended for me to stay away.

            And I decided that the best thing to do at this point was to avoid Eunhyuk, make him forget about me. Maybe when the love has faded, I will be able to go back and rejoin the band. For now, I will give myself, and him, five months.

             In a fit of sentimental foolishness, I came up with what I figured to be an amazing plan. I would mail Leeteuk-hyung postcards. Each of them would be a task for Eunhyuk to perform. Hopefully by the end of the five months, he would not only have gotten over me, but may even dislike me. It was going to hurt myself, but a little sacrifice can go a long way, I’ve been told.

            I settled into my seat. In the meanwhile, SM had secretly scheduled me to film an upcoming drama. News that I would star in it would not be leaked until I was ready to return. I looked out the window and wondered if I am throwing out all that I had worked for.

            I counted the days and knew that the first postcard should have came in by then. Taiwan to Korea was pretty fast. I could picture him reading it. He would be wondering why a postcard from Taiwan would be here. Then he would flip it and recognize my handwriting. I know he would be confused. They all believed me to be dead.

Leeteuk-hyung,

            I’m alright. I boarded the wrong plane. It’s selfish but for Hyukjae’s sake, please don’t say anything. I don’t have too much room.  I know I shouldn’t grieve the other members but I need Hyuk to forget me, and they will slip. I have my reasons and if you ask Kyuhyun about LeiLei, he can tell you what almost transpired, what we almost risked. I will be abck, I promise. It’s the beginning of May now. Give me five months. Teukie, I’ll be gibing you postcards with tasks. Ask Hyuk to complete them. Send me a postcard once he does. Same address, I will find it. Don’t tell him it’s from me. Just for five months.

                                                                                                Saranghae,

                                                                                                Donghae

K POV

            I was a bit suspicious when Leeteuk entered my room and wanted to know about LeiLei and Eunhyuk and Donghae. I looked at him when he came in. His face was pale and he was breathing heavily.

            “I need to know. About LeiLei and what happened in Taiwan.”

            “Why?” This was weird. Nobody but I and Donghae knew. And Donghae was no longer here. It was strange that the company had kept the news so quiet, only saying he was on leave of absence. As if the fans could be fooled for long.

            He hesitated. “I heard Hyukjae cry about it. I heard snippets of him. He was saying something about LeiLei and risks.”

            I patted my bed. He was our leader after all. He has every right to know. “In Taiwan, we discovered that LeiLei was an Eunhyuk-stan. I guess she went a bit overboard and she’s also Jessica’s cousin. She was bitter about what Dongahe did to her cousin I suppose. You know Eunhae. They were never the most discreet couple. And so what happened was, she figured them out. I think she tricked them and Donghae got drunk.”

            Leeteuk looked appalled and I nodded. “I know. She was downright horrible. I tried to keep an eye on her but she was also smart. She knew that I was onto her. So she filmed them. Donghae drunk is touchy, I’m sure you remember.” Tears choked my words as I recalled all of my hyung’s habits. “H-he was overly affectionate and LeiLei caught some on camera. I found out and Yoona and I tried to fix the damage. But she made lots of copies. She made Donghae promise to keep away. He broke it.”

            “Why didn’t anyone turn her in?”

            I looked at him. “She’s dangerous. You don’t understand. She had solid evidence. It was valid and you could tell who it was.”

            He growled and punched the headboard. “Dammit! If only I can find her right now, I will smash her face in. Does she have any idea what she has done? Does she have any clue what type of bond, what type of family she now has torn apart?” He was red in the face now, angry.

            But I was only defeated. “What’s the point when Donghae’s gone? It doesn’t matter. He wouldn’t be here even if she never tried to stop them.”

            “Now, Hyukjae has to live with that knowledge for the rest of his life. Now he gets to know that they can never be! He was settling into their relationship so well too.”

            I dried my tears. “Donghae’s gone. Dead. Passed on. There’s no use. The company may have some sort of hocus pocus to keep this all silent but you and I both know the truth. He’s never coming back. There’s no point getting indignant. It’s time to help Eunhyuk move on. We need to let the past go.”

            He set his jaw stubbornly. “The two of us are going to make sure he gets as much healing as he can. I propose a list. Once a month, I want him to perform some sort of activity to help him get over Donghae. I need him to not like Donghae, to see Donghae in poor light.”

            “Why would you want to tarnish the memory of the dead?” I was wondering why he wasn’t devastated.

            “No. He needs to hate Donghae first before he can understand.” 

 

I couldn't possibly let our baby Fishy die can I? But here's something I'm going to say.

In the first story, a lot of readers complained that there was "too much drama" and that they were "so overwhelmed." Well, I'm sorry guys. I spent too much of last year trying to please everyone. This year will be different. This year, my stories are about me. If you don't like them, don't read. If you like them, I love you and welome to the ride.

I think as an author, I'm pretty darn friendly. I thank everyone and I genuinely appreciate all your comments. But if you don't comment, then what can I do? So this is to a new era. 

Here's to Monkey Love Fishy and more drama to come~ Monkey Emoticons

AND HAPPY MID-AUTUMN FESTIVAL EVERYONE Monkey Emoticons