Chapter 20 - Lies

Monkey Love Fishy II - Forever and Always

 

E POV

            We packed our bags and got ready to leave. It had been a great promotional run in Taiwan and I thoroughly enjoyed being a part of Super Junior M and looked forward to more activities in the future with them.

            I finished putting all of my toiletries into my carryon bag and looked around the dorm room one more time. Donghae had left early because of filming but he left a million texts on my phone, telling me to wait for him and to not miss him too much. I smiled wanly before turning the lights off and walking out to the hallway.

            “All done?” Zhou Mi asked and I nodded. “Good. Our van should be here in five minutes and I guess we’ll have to say that we’ll be back.”

            Sungmin placed his head on my shoulder. “It was really fun, right Eunhyukkie? I sort of don’t want to go back now.”

            There was a knock on the door, indicating to us that our vans have arrived. We walked out and went into one of the two parked cars. LeiLei decided to sit with us rather than with the rest of the staff, much to my chagrin.

            I squeezed myself between Kyuhyun and Sungmin to avoid having to talk to her. I had to make sure that Zhou Mi was able to keep her busy and plugged in my headphones. I weaved through the crowd at the airport and did everything in my power to avoid talking to her.

            When we sat down on the plane, I realized that with Donghae gone, I was the only one without a partner. I looked around desperately and saw LeiLei approach. I closed my eyes and turned my face towards the window, pretending as if I had no idea that she was here. I kept my earphones plugged in and turned away.

            It wasn’t a long flight and before long, I had fallen asleep.

LeiLei

            I leaned over next to him and studied his face. His mouth was falling open and he was snoring slightly. His headphones were still in and I could hear music tinkering out from them. I smiled. Good. He had to be asleep for what I planned on doing next.

            I reached into his bag and slowly took out his phone. I knew his pass code and punched it in. The wallpaper was of him pulling Donghae into view. The other man was cut off but I could recognize the hair anywhere. I hissed. Even after their breakup, he was still unwilling to let him go.

            I clicked to his texts and was instantly flooded with a load of messages. They were all from Donghae. My eyes narrowed. How could he still be contacting him when they had broken up? I clocked the thread and saw that the last one was sent just hours ago. I clicked on it and saw a lot of promises to see him when he got back as well as lots of smiley faces and hearts and happiness. My suspicions went up.

            I read more and grew furious. He had been tricking me all along. The breakup, the recording, the tears. They were all a lie. I hissed and my rage blinded me. He has messed with the wrong family this time.

            “What are you doing with hyung’s phone?”

K POV

            I knew something would happen when LeiLei sat next to Eunhyuk. The entire flight, I tried to walk over but Sungmin insisted on me teaching me how to play Final Fantasy. After he got bored, I was able to slip away. I watched LeiLei carefully and saw her flipping through Eunhyuk’s phone, fervently scrolling.

            My suspicions were raised and I walked to stand in front of her. “What are you doing with hyung’s phone?”

            She jumped a mile and I was surprised he still didn’t wake up. “Hi Kyuhyun.”

            I narrowed my eyes at her and tilted my chin towards the phone again. “What are you doing with Eunhyuk’s phone? How did you even get in?”

            “Oh, he told me his password once and I just wanted to see if he deleted that embarrassing picture he took of me.”

            I raised an eyebrow. “And you’re doing that by scrolling through his texts why?”

            She seemed to falter but had a quick reply. “I think he threatened to give it to someone and I’m trying to see if he did.” Liars always thought fast.

            I scowled. “You’re digging through his privacy. I don’t think so. Put it away and you’ll be sure I’m going to tell him.”

            She paled and stood up, looking around to see if we had attracted attention. “Now look here. You need to stop spying on me and what I’m doing. You can’t tell your hyung every little thing I do. Even if you do, I’m going to deny it. You’re just crazy and he can’t accuse me of anything.”

            She took a deep breath before looking at me again. “You better watch it, Cho Kyuhyun. Because I think I have dirt on you too.”

            This was a threat if I ever saw one. I leaned into her. “You watch yourself. Believe me. You can’t win.”

            This was an open declaration to war. If she would not leave my hyungs alone, then I will chase her and find her until she does. I will break her if it’s the last thing I do.

LeiLei

            The moment we landed in Korea, I took out my phone and dialed the number of someone I hated. He picked up rather quickly. Skipping introductions, I went straight to the point. “You better watch yourself. You think you can fool me so easily, Donghae. But I saw your texts. I know you lied to me. Did you think I wouldn’t find out? It’s time to face the consequences. Scandal will be waiting.”