Chapter 16- Warning

Monkey Love Fishy II - Forever and Always

 

 E POV

            I looked forward to Donghae coming back the entire day. I had planned a surprise for him and decided that he must be here to appreciate it. We didn’t have that strenuous a schedule today and for once, I wouldn’t be tired. He always wanted to visit the night market, and I could bring him out, with a Chinese dictionary at hand of course.

            I texted him about our plans the entire day and he has yet to get back to me. I’m sure he was just busy. But surely even actors busy filming were given time off to check their phones. The next time I called, I was informed that his phone was off. Desperate, and slightly worried, I called Siwon.

            “Yeboseyo?” He picked up.

            “Siwon-ah, this is Eunhyuk. Are you with Donghae?”

            “As a matter of fact, we’re taking a break. You got lucky. We happened to be filming the same scene. What’s up? Why aren’t you calling him?”

            “He won’t pick up and his phone’s off. I’ve been texting him all day.”

            “That’s really weird. The entire day, whenever he had a free moment, he was on the phone, texting away. Maybe he didn’t get your texts?”

            I was stunned. So he was deliberately avoiding me. He was purposely ignoring me. Well fine. It stung and I was suddenly filled with rage. I wanted to do something special for him and he chose to ignore it. Fine. I would make sure to reciprocate in a similar fashion. Something in me burst when I thought of him texting someone else constantly.

            “Eunhyuk? Are you okay?”

            “Yeah, I’m fine. Sorry, Ryeowook’s calling me. I’ll see you later! Oh, say, would you want to go to the night market with me? I know you haven’t been there!”

            “Sure. Is Donghae coming along? He hasn’t gone either.”

            I shuddered inside. Ugh, please no. “Nah, he hasn’t been answering me and I’m sure he’s made other plans. It’ll just be the two of us tonight.”

            He chuckled and I hung up. My hands balled into fists and I bit my lips, trying hard not to cry and make a fool of myself. I didn’t need that right now. So my suspicions were confirmed. Of course he would be ignoring me. What else did I expect anyway? I laughed to myself. I was such a fool.

            When Siwon came back, I avoided Donghae. I didn’t really want to see him. And as expected, he didn’t say anything to me. I tried to ignore the pang of hurt and focus on the fact that he was first to stop talking.

            “Siwon-shi, are you ready to go?” I greeted him cheerfully.

            Zhou Mi looked over at us. “Are you going to the night market? Have fun! Take Donghae. He’s been wanting to go.”

            I glanced at him coldly. “I don’t think so. He never bothered answering when I first asked. It’s okay. He’s quite busy.”

            Siwon furrowed his eyebrows and he exchanged a look with the Chinese man. A soft voice sounded from behind us, “I’ll go.”

D POV

            I still had LeiLei’s warning ringing in my head, but I couldn’t control my mouth as I answered. It was an automatic reply. I was jealous that he wanted alone time with Siwon. I hated that I had to hurt him and even after having successfully avoided him for one whole day, I still couldn’t just let him go. The words were out of my mouth before I could control it.

            “I’ll go.”

            He turned and coolly raised an eyebrow. I bowed my head. He had every right to be furious. Siwon, wanting to be the mediator, immediately stretched out his arm and dragged me next to him. Even he knew not to get between us tonight.

            “Perfect. Eunhyuk we can get going now.” I stared at him, daring him to defy and try to back out.

            He opened his mouth and I knew he wanted to make up an excuse, say that he’s busy or something. But Siwon poked him and he jerked out of his trance. “Yeah, let’s go.” The excitement was out of his voice and I winced. I felt bad for taking away his happiness. I decided that for this one night, LeiLei can go screw herself.

            I wasn’t about to let go of my love for her stupidity. I linked my arm through his and pulled him against me. “So, Hyukkie, show me what you’ve been seeing. I’m so jealous. I see all of your shows and I salivate at the food. And you were the one who didn’t want to come to Taiwan!”

            He didn’t respond and Siwon took the lead. “What are you going to show us? You’re going to have to rely on our Chinese skills.”

            Eunhyuk stuck out his tongue. “Psh, I’ve been learning! Trust me, I can do this. You guys have to taste the stinky tofu. It tastes so good, and it has a weird tangy flavor. Donghae, you’re going to love the,” he seemed mad at himself for addressing me, “oyster omelets.” He trailed off.

            I pinched his cheeks. “Show me.”

            He led us around the night market and I glanced around, loving the atmosphere. The lights and noises as well as the aromas wrapped around my senses and I could only thank myself for ignoring LeiLei this once. I didn’t need her to command my actions.

            Eunhyuk and I played multiple games and Siwon turned into his usual ing self, happy that the tension between us was gone. As we were heading back, I grabbed his arm and pointed at the sky. There were fireworks going off and he smiled.

            We both subconsciously leaned in together, remembering the day we confessed to one another. The members had planned a whole special day with fireworks and they were forever engrained in our memories.

            “Donghae, are you thinking about what I’m thinking?”

            I nodded and caressed his cheeks, glad that we were near the dorms and in the shadows where people can’t see us. “Yes, of course. How could I forget? It’s been five months already. I always feel like it was just a few days ago.”

            “Yeah, I really love you,” he leaned in against me.

            “Oh, why hello, LeiLei,” Siwon coughed out loud and we sprung away. It was too late. Eunhyuk’s fingers dug into my arm. LeiLei was in front of us now and her eyes zeroed in on where we were touching. She raised an eyebrow and glared at me. Nodding her acknowledgment, she sped up the stairs.

            A few minutes later when I was lying in bed, my phone beeped.

            Watch yourself.

 

Alright. I'm getting annoyed. I know the whole write for yourself thing, but I also write for you guys. 

The last few updates, I really only got two comments. Really guys? I'm sorry if you don't want to read this any more. But just tell me. Really.

I have so many tests coming up and I'm still trying diligently to get the stories out. I guess I'll just post the chapters and pray that you read it.

Really. This really actually hurts. Is this too slow? Is it too horrible? 

I need to know.