Date

Love Potion [2Min Oneshot]

I sat on the bleachers watching Key 'exercise.' Basically he just stood there not bothering to put any effort into the exercise. I knew Key didn't like to exercise. 

"Aigoo~~ Who even thought of this thing called exercise?" He fanned himself with his hand and stood with a hand on his hip.
 
Maybe this was now my chance.
 
I got up from the bleachers and made my way to Key. I held the cup in my hand having already poured the potion into it earlier. "Key! Would you like a drink of water?" He ruffled my hair and my heart beat fast at his touch. Why did that always happen?
 
"No~ It's alright Taeminnie~" He flashed his smile at me and I just nodded. "I have my own water anyway~" I watched as he walked over to the bench and picked up his water bottle. 
 
I sighed. Now what? How else am I going to get him to drink this? I sighed and decided to throw it away. It was clear that Key didn't like me and a love potion was no use. After it wears off, he'll be back to his old self...
 
"Hey Taemin-ah." I was about to throw away the cup when Minho jogged up to me. "Did anybody drink that? I'm really tired from practice we just did. Is it ok if I have that?" Before I could say anything, he grabbed the cup from me and drank it. I watched in horror as he swallowed all the contents. He wiped his lips with his hand and threw the cup into the trash. 
 
"Minho! You shouldn't have drank that!"
 
"Why?" 
 
I looked at him in the eyes. Nothing seemed to be different aboout him.. Do the effects take place later? "Umm, nothing." I smiled at him. "I'll just get going now~"
 
He grabbed my wrist and I turned around to meet his face only inches from mine. "Taemin.." I gulped. Oh no..
 
"I wanted to ask.."
 
"Uh, yes Minho hyung?" He stared me in the eyes.
 
"Will you go out with me?"
 
My eyes went wide and I looked down at the ground. Oh no.. why did he have to drink it? I looked back up at him to find him still staring at me. "Will you Taemin?"
 
He smiled and I quietly gasped. I never saw him smile like this before... Without realizing it, I said yes and found myself in a tight hug.
 
"H-hyung! Please let go! You're suffocating me!"
 
"Oops~ Sorry Taemin." He let go of me but continued to keep an arm around my shoulder. He ruffled my hair and smiled again. "I can't wait Taemin~ I'll pick you up at 7 ok?"
 
I nodded and he ran back outside to the soccer field to continue his practice. 
 
Omo, what did I just get myself into? 
 
Well... at least I know the potion wears off after two weeks..
 
----
 
"You brought me here?" I looked at the booths and stared up at the big ferris wheel.
 
"Yeah! Don't you like the carnival?"
 
"I like it hyung~ It's just that I've never been to one before~"
 
"Then let's go have some fun!" I laughed as he grabbed my hand. I never saw this side of Minho before.. from what went around the school, he was knows as a competitive, intimidating guy. 
 
He led me to a station to test strength and handed me the hammer. "Oh, haha, no I can't do these. I'm not that strong."
 
He scoffed. "Come on just try. You're just doubting you're abilities Taemin-ah."
 
I took the hammer and hit it against the square. It barely got past the 2nd mark and Minho burst out laughing. The host of the game handed me a lollipop as a reward and I glared at Minho.
 
"See hyung? Exactly what abilities am I doubting? And don't laugh!" I guess Key's not exercising habits rubbed off on me... gah.
 
Minho took the hammer from the host and hit the square with all his might exerting out a grunt.
 
I watched as the line went up and up and the bell rang. Minho chuckled and I folded my arms. "Hmph." I watched as he got a huge teddy bear from the host. 
 
"Here~" He put the bear in my arms with a smile. 
 
"Really?"
 
"Well.. yeah~ I didn't want to see my date mad at me. And I don't really like huge stuffed animals anyway." I smiled and we made our way to the ferris wheel. 
 
----
 
As we went up and up, I looked at Minho. His eyes were closed and his face was relaxed. I noticed that he was.. handsome. Without realizing it, I found myself staring at him. He chuckled and I snapped out of it. He was staring at me with a small smile on his face. 
 
"What? Admiring my looks?" He laughed and put his head on my shoulder.
 
"No.. I, I was just.." I sighed. "Yes, I was~"
 
He hugged me as he kept his head on my shoulder. I put my head on his head and smiled. Maybe this date wasn't so bad after all. 
 
We sat like that in silence as we reached the top. "Was this date fine for you Taemin-ah?"
 
I sat up and smiled. "Yeah.. it actually was."
 
He took his head off of my shoulder and looked me in the eyes. "Do you really like me Taemin? Because I really like you." I couldn't speak as his eyes stared into mine. 
 
"Is it ok if I get back to you on that? I-I don't know yet."
 
He nodded and put his head back on my shoulder.
 
----
 
He stood outside, with me, in front of the door. I don't know why he couldn't just say goodbye in the car. He took me by surprise when he planted a small kiss on my cheek. 
 
"I'll see you at school Taemin?" He gave me a hug and walked back to his car as I watched. 
 
As he drove away, I touched my cheek. If I didn't like him that way.. then why did I feel a spark when he kissed me?