One

Reborn

Kai woke up to the feeling of someone his sides. Resting an arm over his head -because , the hangover- he groaned and peeked opened his eyes to investigate who was touching him, only to see a underwear-clad female stranger hovering over his own bare body. 

"Stop touching me." He muttered, voice laden with sleep while smacking away those travelling hands. 

"But oppa~ You weren't saying that last night." The female whined and pouted, tracing circles into his chest. There was no doubt that that woman was attractive. Hell, she's beautiful enough to be on the front covers of magazines even. However, Kai did not even look twice. Well, he did have his fair share of beautiful women after all. 

"Look, Yunji-" 

"My names Sora!" She gave Kai an offended look and continued on pouting. However, Kai only rolled his eyes and gave her no heed. It was too damn early for this. His head was hurting like a and combining it with whining from an attention seeking is never a good combination.

Rubbing his temples, he gritted out. "Ok, look Sohee or whatever your name is, just get out of my house."

The woman, now known as Sora, stilled refused to get out. Childishly stomping her feet, she tried pouting her lips and "but oppa~". Refusing to continue keeping up with this nonsense, Kai grabbed her belongings -a tank top, super duper short shorts and handbag- and forcefully threw her out of his house along with her belongings.

There were a few minutes of screaming and knocking at his front door but after awhile, it began to die down. But then...

*Knock knock*

Kai slammed open the door, seething with anger and finger pointed. "Look , if you don-"

Only to see his hyung and best friend, Baekhyun, on his porch holding a box of chinese takeout. Baekhyun raised an eyebrow and gave him a judging look. 

"So, wanna explain why there is a half woman screaming and sobbing outside your house?" 

Anger dying down, Kai ran a hand through his perfectly tousled blond -hell yeah, he just dyed it yesterday- hair and gave his trademark playboy smirk. 

"Oh you know, just another good I picked up yesterday at the club." 

Sighing, Baekhyun have Kai a look of disapproval.

"Look Kai, I understand that you have your...ual needs, but I think it's time you learnt that life isn't all about having fun." 

Kai laughed it off as a joke, waving his hands over his face. "What are you talking about, hyung, my life is completely fine the way it is. I get to them, those s get the they want, everyone's happy, and after that, we go along on our merry way."

*Bang!*

Kai jumped from the sudden sound, only to see that Baekhyun had slammed the takeout box on his dining table.

"Woah calm down, hyung." Kai's eyes grew  wide. He had never seen Baekhyun this angry before. Well, maybe only once when he messed around with Baekhyun's eyeliner collection.

"Calm down? How can I calm down when you don't even care about your own ing future? Get dressed, we're gonna get you a pet. It's time you learnt some responsibility.

Kai shook his head, violently disagreeing with what Baekhyun just suggested.

"No way. How can I continue to go clubbing with a pet around? I can't afford one anyway."

Baekhyun crossed his arms, eyes stern as if lecturing a small child.

"Thats the whole point, Kai. You are getting a pet and that's final. Don't worry about the cost, I'll pay for it."

With that, Baekhyun grabbed Kai by the wrist and dragged him to his car, ignoring his loud protests. 

The chinese takeout lay forgotten on the dining table.

 

-

 

They arrived at a familiar pet shop - it was where Baekhyun bought Chanyeol, his precious little, well not so little, dog hybrid.

The outside of the shop looked attractive enough. It was painted with a light pink hue and potted plants lined the edges of the shop. Looks like a cute little shop that kids would go into to choose their own little pets, no? However, a book should never be judged by its cover. Although it's exterior looked innocent and cute, the interior of the shop was lined with cells after cells containing animal-human hybrids.

"So what interests you two fine young men this lovely day?" A balding middle-aged man croaked out. He was dressed in a formal white button-up shirt with black slacks and if you look closely, you would be able to see some stains on his otherwise flawless shirt.

"He's looking for a pet." Baekhyun provided, pointing to Kai's direction. 

"A pretty young lady pet for this handsome gentleman, I assume?" The shopowner gave Kai a crooked grin. Kai's face lit up and was about to agree, but Baekhyun interrupted him.

"A male hybrid would do just fine." He gave Kai a tight smile and Kai's face immediately fell, giving him a pleading look which Baekhyun ignored.

"If the two of you would just follow me." The shopowner led them deeper into the shop where the male pets were held. The conditions that the hybrids lived in aren't that pretty. They seemed almost like prisoners, except that they immediately came to attention when the three of them walked in, eager to be picked by the new buyer and escape from this hell hole. 

Stopping in front of a particular cell, the shopowner pointed to a lithe young man with matching pitch black ears and tail. Upon seeing them, he immediately stood up, ready and eager to be advertised. 

"This is Taemin, the best specimen I got my hands on in a few years I would say. He's an exotic black panther hybrid." Looking like a proud father, the shopowner patiently waited for their decision. Kai looked interested in him -because damn, that's one fine pet- but after looking at the price tag attached, Baekhyun forced him to decline the shopowner's offer. 

"Well no worries, I got lots of other pets for you to choose from." The shopowner assured them, leading them to another cell.

Kai, suddenly feeling defiant, decide to reject all the pets -because hey, if he didn't  choose any pet, he would be able to go home empty handed right? He began to list out faults of all the pets offered to him. Too tall, too short, too fluffy, too skinny. You name it. 

Baekhyun, catching on to what Kai was trying to do, gave him the stink eye. Stubbornly, he asked the shopowner. "Do you have any other pets other then those?"

After considering it for awhile and looking unsure, the shopowner gave them a wink. "Well isn't it your lucky day. I do have a last one-"

"We'll take him." Baekhyun interrupted before Kai could reject it again.

"That's great. I'll get him ready for you right away. But just a word of warning... He's a little.. timid." The shopowner gave them a sly smirk and curled his fingers in a motion that said "follow me".

They were led into a narrow corridor and if you thought that the previous section of the shop was bad, this one is just horrid. There was a putrid smell in the air and judging from the moss that is started to grow on the ground, this place haven't been cleaned in a long time. 

He led them to a cell in the end of the corrider. In the cell sat a tiny cat-hybrid that looked worst for wear. He had a pair of peculiar black ears with white tips that immediately flattened onto his head upon seeing visitors to his cell. Black tail tucked between his legs, he pressed himself against the wall, as if trying to become one with it. 

Unlike the pets outside that were eager to show off and encourage Kai to pick them. this one just happened to stare at them with what seemed like fright in his doe eyes.

With a jingle of keys, the shopowner opened the rusted door of the cell and reached out to the hybrid, attempting to tie the end of a rope to his makeshift rope collar. After several attempts, with the hybrid escaping his grasps -he looks genuinely afraid of the shopowner- the shopowner managed to corner the hybrid and tie the rope properly.

"Eheh," He chuckled sheepishly, "Sorry you guys have to see that. He's just not behaving today." Giving the cat hybrid a sharp tug of the rope and a glare, he passed the rope to Kai.

"His name's Kyungsoo, so take care of him ey? He's... special." With a sinister laugh, the shopowner led the two of them plus a trembling Kyungsoo to the front of the shop and Baekhyun, like he promised, paid for the hybrid -and boy did he nearly faint after seeing the receipt. "The things I do for you, Kai." Baekhyun sighed. 

Meanwhile, Kai was busy staring at his new pet that fidgeted under his stare.

"Kyungsoo, huh. I think we'll get along just fine." 

 

___________

 

Hello guys! So Kai got to meet Kyungsoo in this chapter. Firstly, I would like to apologise as I think this chapter is abit... weird? And that my command of the English language isn't that good so forgive me for awkward writing or mistakes. Thanks everyone for reading:>