Chapter16

Our King Jiyong

 

-Jiyong pov-

 

After the tough fight, we have successfully got rid of those two and went back to Bou’s place. Taeyang hyung got some cuts on his arms and chest.

 

Guilt started to build up inside me. If it wasn’t for me he won’t end up like this. I only stood beside a tree, watching Bou treated his wounds. Wooyung and Nickhun were inside the tree house.

 

Sighing heavily, I squatted down and cupped my face. I still felt cold and perhaps pale. I wonder when this thing is going to wear off. I don’t wanna be vampire forever, I wanna be human again.

 

“Ji?”

 

I brought my hands down and looked up. Nickhun was staring at me. He still has that awkward looks on his face.

 

“Yeah?”

 

He took my hand in his, dragging me towards Taeyang hyung. Bou already finished treating him and sat on the mushroom table, stretching his hands. I gave Taeyang hyung an apologetic looks while he gave me a warm smile.

 

“It’s okay Your Highness. It’s just some cuts, nothing big.”

 

I’ve noticed that Nickhun kept staring at me. But he let go of my hand as soon as I turned to faced him. He walked away and settled under a tree.

 

When I turned to faced Taeyang hyung, he was on his feet, smiling again and went inside the tree house with Bou behind him. I stared blankly at them. I am somehow confused. I scratched my arm and glanced at Nickhun, then back at the tree house. Guess it’s my cue then.

 

I walked hastily towards Nickhun and slowly sat beside him. I tried to look at his face but he covered it with his hands.

 

“Khun,” I bit my lips, “What’s wrong?”

 

He shook his head and continued staring at nothing. I took a deep breath and held his hand which makes him turned his face to my direction. He stared at my hand on his for a moment before placing it down on the ground. It seems like he wanted to say something.

 

“Jiyong… can I tell you something?”

 

“Um, sure. What is it?”

 

He lifted his hand that I held on and brought it to his side. I looked at him while waiting for him to speak. I wait and wait but there’s still nothing. I was about to called for his name when suddenly, he pinned me against the ground. He held on my shoulders firmly as he looked at me in the eyes nervously.

 

“I love you!” He stated.

 

“Huh?”

 

“That’s right, I love you. I don’t know why but I… I fall for you!” He said, half shouting, “There, I’ve said it!”

 

I couldn’t say anything. I was in a daze. Everything happened so fast and I can’t seem to get what he meant.

 

“You love me?” I’ve finally spoke.

 

Nickhun quickly shot up, grabbed me by the collar and lifted me up, “Yes I love you! I… I’ve never fall for anyone but now I’ve just did!  I… I…”

 

His voice trailed off. His grip slowly loosens and eventually fell. He sighed and leaned against a tree.

 

“I’m sorry,” He uttered and looked away, “Do you… love me?”

 

Speechless. I didn’t know what to say to that question of his so I lowered my head instead. Do I love him? I don’t know what I feel right now. I’m confused with my own feelings. I’ve never fall for anyone as well.

 

I looked up at him but lowered my head again when he was staring at me with that serious expression. I don’t like it when he does that. It makes me feel uneasy and nervous in a weird way.

 

I could hear him approaching me. He suddenly cupped my chin with his hand, tilting it up.

 

“Do you love me?” He repeated.

 

This whole thing makes me completely uneasy. I wanted to avoid his intense gaze but can’t.

 

“I’m waiting Ji. Yes or no?”

 

Quickly, I pushed his hand off and walked away. I didn’t know why on earth I did that. Perhaps the urges of wanting to break free from his gaze maybe?

 

I stopped abruptly when I’ve realize that I didn’t know where to go. I spun around to see Nickhun but he was nowhere in sight. My eyes kept on searching but still no sign of him.

 

I stood there for some time, thinking. Maybe leaving him like that isn’t the best thing to do. But…

 

Huh, what should I do now?

 

-End-