Chapter 31 - You're Invited

Behind the Scenes: Eunhae Revealed

            We were ready to take the next step.  After years of being together and going through our ups and downs, we were ready to take the final plunge. This was it. Eunhae was going to be more than just a ship, more than an OTP that dominated fanfiction, we were going to go through with the relationship. And we thought that we would come to you, our beloved ELFs first.

            I think I’ll take over now, Donghae. It is after all, my story to tell. (Fine, Hyukkie, but I get to type my reaction ^^) So it was my idea to do a proposal. It took a big leap and it was on our anniversary that I decided I was going to do it.

            I asked the other members for their help and they decided that a simple, private proposal would be best. And so what I did was prepare a meal for him. Donghae had a drama filming so he didn’t come back until very late. That gave me plenty of time to prepare. I was torn between whether to make it a more glamorous event but decided that he would be happy even if I poked him on the back and threw the ring at him. ß That is not true. I would think that’s very unromantic, and say no T__T ß don’t lie Donghae

            Anyway, sorry about that, I had it set up on the roof of our dorm. Sometimes after practice we would go there to stargaze and it has a great view of the city, so I figured why not? It was also private so that we wouldn’t have the public knowing anything prematurely.

            When Donghae came home, I was the only one who didn’t greet him. I could hear his voice all the way from the top, asking, “Where’s Hyuk?” There was a note of hurt and the other members shrugged.

            “He’s been in a bad mood all day. Do you want to go upstairs to make sure he’s okay?”

            It was my cue and immediately, I climbed onto the platform of the makeshift stage we had created out of a plank and some overturned buckets. I waited and the roof door opened. Immediately, Kyuhyun helped switch on the spotlight and he began to sing. It was a slow song, a ballad we listened to often, and I had Shindong help me choreograph the dance.

            Donghae stood there, watching us. Donghae cutting in. I said it was my turn when it came to the reaction! It was amazing. I had no idea and when I saw him start dancing, I remembered that it was our anniversary. My heart plummeted as I realized that I had completely forgotten about it.

            When the song ended, Eunhyuk got down and Kyuhyun winked at us. “Enjoy,” he whispered as he passed us. And here Hyuk will take over.

            I got off the stage and walked to him. He had tears in his eyes, forever the cry baby. (Hey, I was touched.) I got down on one knee and whipped out a rose that I had attached to my pocket. “Donghae, we’ve been together, as members, as friends, as brothers, as lovers. Will you accept my proposal to marry me and make Eunhae truly official forever?”

            He was quiet for the longest time and my heart went haywire when he finally nodded. Donghae now: I was shocked to hear him propose. I was expecting more of a happy anniversary but instead I was faced with making one of the biggest decisions of my life. I looked at Hyukjae, my Hyukjae, and realized that I couldn’t say no.

            And so I nodded. The rest, as they say was history. And here we are, cordially inviting ELFs to our wedding to remember. Will you be there?

            Kyuhyun here: This is the first time they hacked into the story and wrote about themselves. Huhu, I get to call the wedding though! 

 

sorry for not updating this in forever

I haven't given up on this story! As you can tell, it's summer and I'm slowly coming out of my dormant and I'm starting to update all my stories one by one.

This one will only have two more chapters left and I want to finish this soon.