Chapter 2 - The Birth of A Famous Couple

Behind the Scenes: Eunhae Revealed

 

            There is always that moment of clarity where all the fans go “AHH! They admit it! Eunhae is real!” And for these two, that moment happened during Adonis Camp. Yes, I’m sure you’re all slapping your foreheads, going I know what he’s talking about! That’s right. I mean, I’m sure they were good friends for a while before that, but I wouldn’t know. I wasn’t there. So in my eyes, that moment was the big AHA moment. The moment where you realize That’s it!

            So, they were filming the show and being the camera that they are, the two are always taking selcas and personal videos together. That’s suspicious in multiple ways. One, that’s hogging up the show and two, why always you two together? Don’t you get sick of each other after a while?

            So here’s how the story goes, at least the version Leeteuk-hyung tells me. During that show, those two had many opportunities because they were finally able to sleep together, in the same room, on the same team, in the same bed. That’s amazing isn’t it? So they start making plans and plotting how to keep Shindong off to the side so as to allow them more privacy. Yeah, I know. >-<

            Anyway, so they must have had a lot of romance going on because one day Eunhyuk-shi pulled Donghae off to the side and said, “We need to make up a couple name. We need to think of something that shows that we’re one entity.”

            Now, Leeteuk-hyung thought it was cute because he was Kangteuk and all that. But I was not amused. Because it was from their idea that Kyumin and a bunch of other Kyu pairings popped up. I like girls, thank you very much. I just like bothering my hyungs. >:D

            So they racked their brains and Donghae came up with East Sea Strawberry. I like it. I think it’s an amazing name, but I don’t have a say. Eunhyuk nixed it because he thought it was a tad wordy. So they moved on. Eunhyuk came up with Monkey Fish. Donghae liked it but apparently Shindong heard and laughed at them. I would too. Imagine being known as the animal couple. That would be embarrassing.

            Eventually they gave up and went on to play soccer and to do their morning exercises. I must say, from watching the show, I don’t quite envy them. It’s ridiculous the things noona made them do. I at least kept my dignity. Eventually they thought of mashing their names together.

            Donghae thought of Donghyuk. But that came out weird. Out came more mash ups. Dongjae, but that sounded too much like Donghae, and therefore was “unfair” according to the Anchovy. HaeHyuk sounded good. But then Sungmin walked by and made a comment.

            He said, “Is Eunhae up to no good again?” There. The Eureka moment. Eunhyuk jumped up and pointed a finger in the air, screaming, “WE ARE EUNHAE~!”

            According to everyone who was there, they then got into a huge argument. It went something like this:
Donghae - “ I don’t wanna be on the bottom!”

Eunhyuk – “Too bad, it sounds better with me first. Besides I’m manlier than you are~”

Donghae – “I’m a man! Why can’t it be HaeHyuk? I want to top!”

Eunhyuk – “Bwoh? Who said anything about topping? Besides, I’m older!”

Donghae – “Yeah but ‘eun’ isn’t even part of your real name!”

Eunhyuk – “Fine! Then we’ll do HyukHae. Happy?”

Donghae – “NO! I want Eunhae.”

            That was that. They hugged and made up, happy to be in agreement. The other members only shook their heads and sighed. I sigh along with them. These two have no limits. Anyway, so later that night, they decide to sneak in front of the camera. Donghae slung his arm around Eunhyuk’s shoulder and they both looked at the camera.

            They stood there awkwardly, not sure of what to say until Eunhyuk opened his mouth. “Eunhyuk-imnida…” There was an awkward silence from everyone for a while. Then the Fish burst into laughter and there you have it. Eunhae is born. 

 

Mianhe for not updating and then giving you guys this...

I hope you still think it's funny and cute. I actually find this interesting because this is the one story where I don't worry about being formal and structure. So I hope you can hear a bit of the playfulness in Kyu's voice.   Monkey Icons

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvegjtlh7I8