Date Me (Just Say You Do)

Date Me (Just Say You Do)

 

 

 

 

 

“Hi!”

 

Jongin turned around to greet the owner of the (half) cheerful voice. It was his turn to wear the apron with the tag of ‘How may I help you today?’ that ended with a ridiculously wide-grinned smiley face plastered on his chest. Luckily, the male before him was cute with his owl eyes and Jongin broke into a kind smile.

 

“How may I help—“

 

“The voices in my head told me to come over and talk to you!”

 

Jongin’s jaw involuntarily dropped a few inches at that. He could do nothing but stare blankly for a whole three minutes at the shorter male, who seemed to be blushing madly right now. Jongin closed his mouth, swallowed once, and decided that he had heard it wrong. “Excuse me?”

 

“Uh, it’s-it’s not working?” The male muttered to himself in a panic and seemed to be thinking hard. “Um-, m, ah! I-I was blinded by your beauty!!!!”

 

If Jongin’s jaw only dropped by a few inches earlier, it was probably touching floor this time.

 

“So-so I’m gonna need your name and number for insurance,” the other male finished with great difficulty. He seemed like he was going to pass out any minute.

 

Jongin, who was actually tan but due to extreme shock had just turned white, held up his index finger in mid-air. “Wait-wait a second. Here.” Without waiting for any reply, Jongin spun around and sped toward the cash registers, where his other two friends were working. “Guys, h-help.”

 

“What’s wrong?” Chanyeol asked and spotted the male Jongin was pointing at. “Aww, cutie.”

 

“He is, right?” Jongin grinned dumbly for a second before shaking his head hard. “N-no! I-I mean, yes, but...but he’s been showering me with these weird questions—“

 

“Holy isn’t that Do Kyungsoo??” Sehun whispered so loudly that Jongin was sure the whole store could hear. “Holy Jongin-ah what the hell is he doing here? Tell him the store is closed!”

 

“Uh...” Jongin trailed off unsurely. “Wait, Do Kyungsoo?”

 

“Yeah, he’s really weird!” Sehun continued to stare in horror in the general direction of Kyungsoo. “He has this 4D personality, you know? Everyone tries to avoid him on campus—”

 

“Hmm...” Chanyeol tilted his head sideways. “He seems pretty normal to me. Tell you what, Jongin-ah, if you don’t want to—“

 

Jongin shoved a hand to Chanyeol’s chest. “Who says I don’t want to?” He grunted in dismay. “I just... I just...”

 

“Is he asking you out?” Chanyeol curiously asked and guffawed when Jongin turned ashen. “Oh my goodness, Sehun-ah! I think you’re gonna have to learn accepting the fact that your best friend is going to have a boyfriend with a 4D personality!”

 

Sehun let out a terrifying hiss as he pressed his palms against his cheeks. Thankfully the store was near closing time so there weren’t any customers.

 

Jongin ignored Sehun and Chanyeol as he glanced over his shoulder. Kyungsoo—Kyungsoo, right?—seemed terribly embarrassed with what he had just said and Jongin felt a bit bad leaving him like that. The doe eyed male had his fist curled loosely in front of his mouth and his flawless, white cheeks were marred pink. 4D personality or not, Jongin had liked the way he stuttered—he found it surprisingly cute—although... Jongin blinked. Did Kyungsoo just try to use some very lame pick-up lines on him?

 

“Hey,” Chanyeol nudged Jongin. “It’s not nice to make him wait like that.”

 

“Ah, right,” Jongin waved a hand dismissively at Chanyeol as he walked back to Kyungsoo. He wouldn’t be honest if he said he wasn’t nervous—and still a bit shocked at what Kyungsoo had said to him earlier—but overall, it was alright. “Um, hi.”

 

Kyungsoo chewed on his lower lip. “H-hi...”

 

“So, Kyungsoo, right?”

 

“H-how did you...”

 

“Oh, one of my friends just happened to know you,” Jongin said nonchalantly as he pointed to Sehun (he was pretty sure Sehun was screaming ‘Are you kidding me Jongin-ah I will put your head on a freaking stick’) and a happy Chanyeol waving a hand at them. “Uh... I’m sorry. I-I wasn’t sure if I heard things right earlier... Um, is there anything I can help you with?”

 

Kyungsoo dropped his gaze bashfully to the floor. “You’re...you’re Kim Jongin, right?”

 

“Indeed, I am.”

 

“I just...” Kyungsoo hesitated. “I’m sorry, I just wanted to know if you’re busy tomorrow...”

 

Jongin frowned. “If I’m busy tomorrow?”

 

“Yeah...” Kyungsoo nodded and stared blankly at Jongin. “I-I mean, free! I was wondering if you’re free tomorrow...”

 

Jongin did his best not to burst out laughing and managed to change it into a wide smile. “Yeah, um, I have morning shift tomorrow, so...around five?”

 

Kyungsoo beamed. “R—really?”

 

“Yeah. Where do you want us to meet?”

 

“Um, I don’t care, actually. Um, would you please grab my arms so that I can tell my friends that I’ve been touched by an angel...” Kyungsoo said shamelessly as he extended a hand to Jongin.

 

Jongin went blank. Slowly but surely, he took several steps back with an awkward wave of hand. “Five o’clock, central station, don’t be late.”

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

“Cheesy pick-up lines?” Baekhyun, his roommate asked.

 

“Not just cheesy, but lame too!” Jongin retorted from his bedroom as he changed. “Sehun said he’s a bit—what’s it called?—4D...? Something like that.”

 

“Oh,” Baekhyun nodded in understanding. “Well, in that case, you don’t want to make him angry...”

 

“Really?” Jongin finished changing and joined Baekhyun in the living room. “Are 4D people that scary? He seems cute and kind-hearted, though. Well, other than the horrible pick-up lines.”

 

“Maybe he just likes you so much,” Baekhyun smiled in amusement. “And he just doesn’t know how to start a proper conversation with you. You can’t blame him from trying.”

 

Jongin remembered how nervous Kyungsoo was before talking (more like stuttering) with him and he smiled. “Yeah. Well, I think I’d like to know him better first...”

 

“Speaking of horrible pick-up lines,” Baekhyun interrupted. “I have one.”

 

“What is it?”

 

“Chanyeol,” Baekhyun started in a serious expression. “You must be in a no parking zone, because you’ve got ‘fine’ written all over you.”

 

Jongin tried to smother him with a pillow.

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

When Jongin arrived at the central station the next day, Kyungsoo was already there.

 

The latter looked really shy when Jongin called out his name and Jongin was seized by a sudden urge to hug him tightly and never let go.

 

“Um...where do you want to go?” Jongin asked after they exchanged their greetings.

 

“I don’t know,” Kyungsoo shook his head. “Anywhere’s fine, I guess.”

 

Jongin’s lips curved slightly at the shorter male beside him. “How about grabbing an early dinner? I’m starving.”

 

“Dinner is okay,” Kyungsoo smiled shyly and Jongin’s heart skipped a beat.

 

They went to a fast food restaurant and Jongin decided to pay for Kyungsoo. It was their first date (though that was a bit questionable), and while he wasn’t sure if there was going to be a second date, he was willing to pay. Most of the time, Jongin found himself staring a bit too long at Kyungsoo, as if he was observing him and trying to prove what Sehun had said. Nonsense. Kyungsoo looked pretty normal to him. And cute, too.

 

Kyungsoo seemed to be avoiding his gaze the whole time and when they were done eating, Jongin finally decided to break the silence.

 

“Was it good?”

 

Kyungsoo flinched slightly. “Y-yes. Thank you.”

 

“Hey, don’t be afraid,” Jongin softly said. “I’m not gonna bite you. Come on, look at me.”

 

Kyungsoo slowly lifted up his face to stare at Jongin and the latter smiled kindly at him. He smiled back almost instinctively and his cheeks reddened almost instantly. “Jongin-ah?”

 

“Yes?”

 

“Are you...in love with me?”

 

WHAT, Jongin wanted to sputter, but fortunately he managed to not move a single muscle on his face and continued blinking. Excuse me, you’re the one who asked me out—well, not exactly, but you’re the one who asked me if I’m free today, right? How does that—holy cow.

 

“Um,” Jongin finally said after a long moment. “No, not yet, I think? I mean, we’ve just met yesterday and...”

 

“Well, in that case,” Kyungsoo mumbled bashfully. “Please, hurry fall in love with me.”

 

Whatever it was that Jongin wanted to say, it was gone to heaven-knew-where. Jongin took a long stare at Kyungsoo, who looked extremely cute and Jongin just wanted to squish those adorable chubby cheeks in return, but no. The tanned male held up his index finger in mid-air.

 

“...if you’ll excuse me, Kyungsoo-yah.”

 

Jongin went to the restroom and stared at his reflection for quite a long time. He then washed his face and dabbed the tissue paper on his face and whimpered.

 

Holy , he thought. He was so freaking cute.

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

“You shouldn’t wear make up,” Jongin said as he handed Baekhyun a new stick of eyeliner. “It’s messing the perfection.”

 

Baekhyun gaped even though he accepted the eyeliner graciously. “Oh. New pick up line?”

 

“I think so,” Jongin let out a loud sigh as he threw himself on Baekhyun’s bed. The latter flickered Jongin’s shoulder playfully at the mini-earthquake he had caused but nonetheless let him stayed. “God. It’s...it’s weird.”

 

“Well, how did it go? Did you manage to talk?”

 

“Uh... I don’t think so.”

 

“But do you think you like him?”

 

Jongin didn’t answer. When he finally lifted up his face to stare at Baekhyun, he shrugged. “Why are you using eyeliner again? You’re better without it, you know.”

 

“I heard Chanyeol likes it.”

 

“Chanyeol is weird.”

 

“So what? I like weird people,” Baekhyun said defensively.

 

“Why don’t you just try telling him how you feel?” Jongin sighed and buried his face back into the pillow.

 

This time it was Baekhyun’s turn to not answer. Jongin saw him draw his legs to his chest out of the corner of his eye.

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

A few days had passed since then and Jongin had been trying to get Chanyeol realize Baekhyun’s feelings. Not that he had forgotten completely about Kyungsoo, but Baekhyun had a crush for quite a long time on Chanyeol and the dope didn’t realize it at all. Nope. His roommate was helpless. Jongin was about to talk some sense into Chanyeol but Sehun dragged him away before he got the chance to.

 

“Oi,” Sehun whispered rudely. “How was the first date?”

 

“Huh? It was okay,” Jongin blinked in confusion.

 

“Okay as in there’s going to be another date okay or it’s not working okay?”

 

“We didn’t get to that topic so—“

 

“Maybe it’s not working,” Sehun grabbed Jongin’s collar desperately. “Tell him to stop glaring into the store.”

 

“Huh?” Jongin followed Sehun’s line of sight and saw Kyungsoo pressing his face flat on the window. The view shocked Jongin so much that he immediately ran outside to detach the other male off of the window. “Kyungsoo! Are you okay?”

 

“J-Jongin! I-I’m sorry!” Kyungsoo cried in embarrassment and dragged a hand down his face. “I forgot to wear contacts today and my glasses are in store and I... I’ve been really careless and bumping into almost everything...”

 

“What? How bad are your eyes?”

 

“Um...minus three?”

 

“And you’ve been walking around without your glasses? Kyungsoo, this is really dangerous!!!”

 

Kyungsoo felt a sinking feeling at Jongin’s rising tone and he looked at his feet. “I know... I’m sorry...”

 

Jongin sighed in disbelief as he ruffled his own hair. “It’s not me you’re supposed to feel sorry about. I’m just worried—what if something happens to you?”

 

“M-me?”

 

“Yeah, you,” Jongin sighed again and took a deep breath to calm down. “Listen. My shift will be over in a few minutes. Will you sit out here and wait for me?”

 

“What for?” Kyungsoo blinked innocently.

 

“I’m gonna make sure you get home safe. There’s no way I’m gonna let you go home all by yourself, okay?”

 

Jongin went back into the store after he said that. He didn’t see the way Kyungsoo’s cheeks turned crimson at his words. Jongin did what he needed to do before taking the apron off and told Chanyeol he would be going. Sehun only gave him a suspicious look but said nothing.

 

“Oi, Chanyeol?”

 

“Yo.”

 

“Ask Baekhyun out after you shave, please?”

 

Jongin left the store before he could hear Chanyeol stammering and approached Kyungsoo who was staring blankly at his phone. The doe eyed male only looked up when he felt a gentle pat on his arm. “I’m done. Let’s go.”

 

Kyungsoo reluctantly stood up and bit his lower lip.

 

Jongin frowned. “What’s wrong?”

 

“Th-there’s something wrong with my cellphone...”

 

“Hm? Let me take a look.”

 

“It-it doesn’t have your number in it...”

 

It was only then that Jongin realized that Kyungsoo was attempting to use another pick-up line. Kyungsoo looked extremely embarrassed as he walked closely beside Jongin. Jongin broke into an amused smile as he saved his number on Kyungsoo’s phone before handing the device back.

 

“It’s on speed dial 5. J. Okay?”

 

“O-okay...”

 

“You can call me anytime now.”

 

“U-um...”

 

Kyungsoo fell silent as they walked and kept his gaze on the ground. Everything must be blurry for him, Jongin thought, but he was careless enough to leave the house without glasses. Jongin diligently kept an eye on Kyungsoo, not wanting him to trip or something. After a long moment that seemed like eternity, Jongin finally decided to break the tension.

 

“Kyungsoo?”

 

“Y-yes?”

 

“What is it with you and pick-up lines?”

 

Kyungsoo was flabbergasted as he snapped his head towards Jongin. His steps stopped and Jongin soon followed with a confused gaze. “Do-do you hate it...?”

 

“No,” Jongin quickly replied. “No, I don’t. But it’s just... I’ve never really heard you talking in a normal sentence, you know?”

 

“That’s because I’m not normal,” Kyungsoo said sadly.

 

“Hold up, who said that?”

 

“Just a bunch of guys...” Kyungsoo sighed. “I think it was because I turned down their leader’s confession...”

 

“What a bunch of s,” Jongin frowned.

 

“Sometimes I think they’re right, too,” Kyungsoo forced himself to smile. “I mean, I’m kinda lost in my own world...sometimes I ask things people wouldn’t normally ask...I do weird things, too...”

 

“No,” Jongin sternly said. “No, listen to me, Kyungsoo, you’re unique. You’re special. You’re definitely not abnormal, okay?”

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes were slightly teary as he beamed at Jongin. “Do you really think so?”

 

“Yeah. And I’d love to know you more. But could you please reduce the pick-up lines?”

 

Kyungsoo chuckled and Jongin noticed his heartbeat quickening at the beautiful sound. “I-I will try. Well, if you wanna know, it all started from my cousin—well, my cousin’s boyfriend. My cousin is really beautiful but he wasn’t interested in dating anyone until...until his current boyfriend came along. Don’t get me wrong, Kris is handsome and tall but other than that, he was a bit strange. His drawings were horrible even if you compared them to children. Kris kept on sending Junmyeon his love but in the form of pictures and after so many times of being rejected and trying and crying, my cousin finally gave in and guess what? They’re really happy now.”

 

It was the first time Kyungsoo had ever talked that long. He seemed to also realize the fact too, because he stared worriedly at the taller male. Jongin was actually captivated.

 

“I’m sorry, am I boring?”

 

“No,” Jongin shook his head and caressed Kyungsoo’s hair caringly. “So Junmyeon was actually reluctant at first, but because of Kris’ determination and hard work, he finally accepted?”

 

“Yes, exactly!” Kyungsoo nodded enthusiastically. “That was why... I’m not good at talking to people, but... I thought the pick-up lines would be able to help to convey my feelings to you...”

 

Jongin smiled warmly. “Do you like me?”

 

“Eh?” Kyungsoo blinked but he didn’t hesitate to answer. “Yes.”

 

“Yes?”

 

Kyungsoo nodded shyly. “Is it bad?”

 

Jongin shook his head as he offered his hand to Kyungsoo.

 

“What’s this?”

 

“Your hand looks heavy,” Jongin said coolly. “Let me hold it for you.”

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

“Someone’s happy,” Sehun grunted as he nudged Jongin with the tip of his broom. “But someone else isn’t.”

 

Jongin peered over his shoulder lazily at Chanyeol, who seemed to be at a deep loss. Some unwanted hair was sticking out from under his nose and on his chin. Jongin frowned. He let out a desperate sigh as he continued to work on the discount rack. “I told him to shave.”

 

“And to ask Baekhyun-hyung out.”

 

“What’s wrong about that?”

 

Sehun sent him a stare of disbelief. “Are you kidding me? What’s wrong with that? You know that he has a thing for your roommate, right?”

 

Jongin stopped moving. “What? But...but every time Baekhyun comes here, he would act like he’s not interested!”

 

“You’re really dense,” Sehun rolled his eyes. “It’s because he’s nervous, duh. Unlike your 4D boyfriend, he’s not brave enough to even look at Baekhyun-hyung.”

 

“Speaking of Kyungsoo,” Jongin started. “What’s this about a bunch of guys who’ve been spreading rumors about him being weird?”

 

Sehun took a minute to stare at his friend like he was out of his mind. “That would be Hyunsik and his friends. I’m not saying that Kyungsoo’s not weird, but... Hyunsik is really mean to him.”

 

Jongin pressed his lips into a thin line and tilted his head sideways. “Hyunsik. Hmm. Say, is Kyungsoo your classmate?”

 

“Yeah. Why?”

 

“Can I come with you to your campus tomorrow? I just want to surprise Kyungsoo.”

 

“Yeah, sure, but know this,” Sehun whispered. “You’re gonna regret it because there are a lot of attractive students, and they’re a lot more beautiful than Kyungsoo.”

 

Sehun managed to dodge Jongin’s kick as he ran away.

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

Jongin waited patiently—dumbly, he might add—for Sehun and Kyungsoo at the cafetaria. Their class was nearby so when it was done, Jongin would be able to spot them right away.

 

Sehun had asked him in the morning why he wanted to come and Jongin only shrugged in response. Was it really to surprise Kyungsoo?

 

Well, Sehun impatiently asked. Are you guys officially dating, then?

 

Jongin deadpanned.

 

Were they?

 

The sound of students laughing distracted Jongin out of his thoughts and he looked up from his table. His eyes skimmed the crowd for the presence of Sehun and Kyungsoo. Jongin easily caught Sehun because his pinkish-blonde hair that definitely stood out in the crowd. The next second, he managed to spot Kyungsoo who was walking silently by himself, several books clutched to his chest and his eyes lowered to the ground.

 

Instinctively, Jongin stood up. He felt like running toward Kyungsoo, to make the doe eyed male break into a smile and maybe even shower him with some lame pick-up lines, anything, anything to make him happy. But before he got to do so, Kyungsoo was cornered by a group of boys. His books were ripped away from his chest and they were thrown onto the ground, scattering everywhere.

 

Jongin’s heart dropped at Kyungsoo’s expression.

 

Kyungsoo was pushed roughly against the wall. His eyes were starting to tear and he placed a hand over his mouth. Even from afar, Jongin could tell he was trembling.

 

No one was helping him.

 

No one but Sehun.

 

“Again, Hyunsik-ah?” Sehun groaned as he stepped closer. “You should know by now that it’s not really fun to bully someone who’s weaker than you.”

 

“Again, Sehun-ah?” Hyunsik snapped back. “I usually would let him go but not today. Why don’t you just nicely go away and leave us alone?”

 

Sehun pursed his lips calmly. “I wouldn’t do that if I were you. You see, things might be different today—“

 

“Look, Hyunsik-ah,” one of his friends interrupted Sehun as he picked a book from the ground. “Look at what he’s been reading. Pick-up lines?”

 

Hyunsik started mockingly laughing at Kyungsoo and his friends soon followed. Sehun sighed in fake exasperation as he took a step back. “Well, you know what? In that case,” Hyunsik spat to Kyungsoo. “I have a nice pick-up line for you, Kyungsoo-yah. Listen carefully: Baby, you turned my floppy disk into a hard drive.”

 

“!”

 

Hyunsik definitely didn’t see it coming. A hard punch landed on his face, causing the male to stumble backward. Hyunsik let out a girly scream and held his nose dearly (Sehun nonchalantly examined his nails and shrugged as he muttered, “Told you”). It seemed like it was broken because it was bleeding badly and his friends panicked and took cover for him.

 

“You say that to my boyfriend again,” Jongin seethed. “And it won’t be just your nose, you got that?”

 

Jongin wasn’t that strong, Sehun noted, and he would probably lose since it was five against one, but seeing their leader collapsed like that, no one was brave enough to fight back. They scooted away, with Hyunsik still and pressing a handkerchief on his possibly fractured nose and Sehun waving imaginary pompoms with a bored expression.

 

“Are you okay?” Jongin asked softly to Kyungsoo.

 

“You-you’re here,” Kyungsoo whispered. As he blinked his eyes, tears started to pour down.

 

“I’m here,” Jongin repeated as he pulled Kyungsoo closer into his arms. “You don’t need to be afraid anymore. I’m gonna make sure that they won’t hurt you anymore—Sehun will help you too.”

 

Sehun made a helpless face as he pointed at himself. He didn’t remember offering himself to help anyone...

 

Kyungsoo nodded against Jongin’s chest and they slowly pulled apart. Jongin gave him a fond look before Kyungsoo’s hair gently and letting go. The tan male then kneeled to pick up the scattered books on the ground and he paused at a specific book.

 

“You don’t need this anymore, okay?” Jongin said seriously as he held up a book to Kyungsoo. It was the same book that Hyunsik and his friends were making fun of. “I want you to be yourself. I want you to talk to me no matter how hard you think it is. I want you to be able to express what’s on your mind. Is that clear?”

 

Kyungsoo mutely nodded and Jongin stood up.

 

“Good, now let’s go home.”

 

“Jongin-ah...?”

 

“Hm?”

 

“You said boyfriend...?”

 

Kyungsoo’s face flamed with embarrassment the second he asked that. Jongin visibly tensed, realizing that yes, he did say that to Hyunsik. Kyungsoo looked really small and adorable when he was blushing like that. Jongin had to admit he liked it.

 

He liked it so damn much.

 

And no one else should have the privilege to enjoy that stuttering, shy, 4D personality of Kyungsoo except him.

 

“Can I borrow a kiss?” Jongin asked as he tilted Kyungsoo’s chin upward. “I promise I’ll give it back.”

 

He ignored the gagging sound Sehun made in the background as their lips met for the first time.

 

Maybe pick-up lines weren’t so bad, Jongin absently thought to himself and smiled when Kyungsoo kissed him back.

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

Winter was near and Kyungsoo decided to be artistic.

 

He gave Jongin an early handmade sweater which was a bit too big because he had started making it before measuring Jongin, but it was comfortable anyway. Jongin was amazed because Kyungsoo had surely spent many of his days knitting and doing his best to estimate his size, so he received the sweater happily. Besides, it was better it be a size too big rather than a size too small.

 

Kyungsoo was starting to smile a lot; Jongin thought he died a little every time he saw Kyungsoo’s smile. He even brought Jongin to meet his beautiful cousin, Junmyeon, and his questionably talented, giant boyfriend named Kris whom Junmyeon happened to love very much, thank you. Sehun was starting to be supportive of their relationship, and judging from the conversation between him and Hyunsik that Jongin had overheard the other day, Sehun was always defending Kyungsoo whenever Hyunsik bullied him (but he was just too lazy to admit so to Jongin). Nonetheless, Jongin hugged Sehun as a token of gratitude and he almost got a kick in return.

 

Jongin had just taken off the apron and hung it in the backroom when he noticed there was something different about Chanyeol. He laughed when he realized what it was. “You shaved.”

 

Chanyeol sheepishly nodded. “I have a feeling someone will come to the store today.”

 

“It’s not a feeling. I told you this morning, remember?”

 

“Yeah, whatever,” Chanyeol buried his face in his hands. “I’m still not gonna be able to speak to him and I will end up standing like an tall idiot in the cashier and—“

 

“Relax,” Jongin patted Chanyeol’s back. “Just be yourself, I guess? If it’s any consolation, Baekhyun likes you too, you know.”

 

Chanyeol stared at him in a mixture of confusion and disbelief. “So I’ve heard...but really? Byun Baekhyun? Me?”

 

Jongin hastily wore the sweater he got from Kyungsoo and rolled his eyes with a snort. “Just don’t start with a lame pick-up line and you’ll be fine. I’ll be going now, okay? See you tomorrow.” He waved a hand at Sehun who only gave him an impish grin because Baekhyun had just entered the store. “Oh hi, Baekhyun-ah. See you later at home.”

 

“Yeah,” Baekhyun smiled. “You’re gonna bring Kyungsoo home later? We’ll have dinner together.”

 

“Oh, right, it’s your turn to cook,” Jongin said and threw a glance over his shoulder. “And who knows, we might have another guest.” He chuckled to himself as he heard Baekhyun stuttering and walked out of the store. Jongin’s smile widened upon seeing his boyfriend. “Hey, beautiful.”

 

Kyungsoo looked up from his hands and smiled shyly. “I thought you said no pick-up line?”

 

“Was that a pick-up line?” Jongin faked a frown as he stole a kiss from Kyungsoo. “It’s a fact. For me, you’re very beautiful. A beautiful owl.”

 

Kyungsoo playfully poked Jongin’s ribs and let the latter laced their fingers together. He was still smiling when he said, “You’re wearing it?”

 

“Yeah, why not? The weather’s starting to get cold, too. You’ll need to wear thicker clothes too. Wouldn’t want you to catch a cold.”

 

“Okay,” Kyungsoo replied and laid his head on Jongin’s shoulder. He linked their arms together as they walked.

 

“Hey babe,” Jongin started lamely. “Feel my sweater.”

 

Kyungsoo gave him a frown but obeyed anyway. He brushed his fingers lightly against the sweater his boyfriend was wearing. “Hm?”

 

“Know what it’s made of?” Jongin grinned. “It’s boyfriend material.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And when Kyungsoo laughed so hard he nearly fell over in front of Jongin for the first time, he knew that it was worth it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

End.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun was cradling a pack of macaroni and canned mushroom when he felt someone was staring at him. He instinctively turned his head and almost jumped in surprise when he saw it was Chanyeol. Baekhyun’s heartbeat quickened; he hoped it wasn’t obvious.

 

“Hi, Chanyeol,” he greeted politely.

 

Chanyeol looked better today. It seemed like he had combed his hair—usually it was curly and sticking out in every direction like he had just woken up but surprisingly, Baekhyun kinda liked it that way—and he had shaved and was wearing a new set of clothes.

 

“B-Baekhyun,” Chanyeol stammered nervously. “Are you a keyboard? Because you’re my type.”

 

Baekhyun dropped everything he was holding.