Firm

The Pretty One II

"Don't you have a home to return to?" Chaekyung groaned as she tried to push L.Joe off her bed. "Stop hogging my personal space and go home won't you?"

It was the fifth consecutive day L.Joe was spending his day over at the Lee's house and Chaekyung figured L.Joe was lying on her bed even more than she was sleeping on it. It was also going to be the fifth consecutive day he was staying over for dinner.

"I'm liking your bed more and more as time passes." L.Joe hugged her winnie the pooh while he played Candy Crush on her bed. "Except that it's pink and lacey. Can't you change the covers to blue or green? I like blue."

"Blue like the sea since you're the little mermaid, Ariel?" Chaekyung huffed and threw a pen at him which he caught without even trying. She huffed again. How could he look so suave effortlessly? It was annoying. "It's my bed, I buy whatever colour bedsheet I please."

Chaekyung tried to drag L.Joe off her bed by his leg but L.Joe was too strong. He tugged his leg back and Chaekyung fell onto her bed due to the momentum, and L.Joe took the chance to shove his feet in her face. Chaekyung squealed and leaned far away as L.Joe wriggled his black Simpsons socks. "LEE BYUNGHUN!!"

L.Joe burst into laughter as Chaekyung whacked his feet away. He had spent his few days in this house but he barely said more than a few sentences to Jaekyung. L was here all the time as well and he seemed to be guarding his girlfriend really tightly. L.Joe couldn't find a chance to talk to Jaekyung alone. How was he to court her when her boyfriend was always around?

L.Joe's phone started ringing at that moment and he blinked. It was Chunji. "Yes dude?" L.Joe lifted his feet off Chaekyung's lap and sat up. Chaekyung growled at him and snatched her winnie the pooh soft toy away from him. L.Joe rolled his eyes and snatched it back, flicking her forehead. "Anything the matter?" he asked.

"Can't I call my best friend when I want to?" Chunji responded. L.Joe rolled his eyes. "Drama queen." He eyed Chaekyung as she got on her stool and opened her top cupboard, fiddling around with her stuff. L.joe sighed, she had better not fall off that stool or he would have to save her or be charged of murder.

"I just wanted to ask what's the progress between you and that Jaekyung girl." Chunji asked. "You didn't update us after that time and I'm dying of curiosity."

"You're so nosy." L.Joe shook his head. His best friend was one ahjumma deep inside. He watched as Chaekyung climbed back down after retrieving whatever she wanted to get, and he saw that she had brought down a small packet of chocopie. He was instantly aware of how hungry he was.

As Chaekyung walked past him, he grabbed her arm and pulled her to him, trying to make a grab for the chocopie. Chaekyung dodged and held it away. "It's mine!" she hissed.

L.Joe pouted at her. "I want it too. I'm hungry."

"It's mine!" Chaekyung whispered, "Continue with your phonecall and don't bother me while i eat."

"I want chocopie." L.Joe insisted. "I'm hungry, give meeee. Just one bite."

"Yah dude I'm talking to you, are you flirting?" Chunji asked incredulously. "Give me a moment." L.Joe muttered and tossed his phone on the bed while pulling Chaekyung back to him again. "One bite." he bargained.

Chaekyung looked extremely irritated and it made him oddly satisfied. "Fine fine. One SMALL bite." Chaekyung handed the chocopie to L.Joe and he took the largest bite possible, just to spite her. Chaekyung's eyes widened as three quarters of her snack disappeared in his  mouth and she let out a groan. "Lee Byunghun!!"

L.Joe laughed merrily and searched for his phone again to continue with the call. "Sup dude." he said with his mouth full.

To his surprise, Chunji didn't start yelling at him immediately for making him hold the call. Chunji took a few seconds to answer. "Who was that? It's not the Jaekyung is she?"

"Nah." L.Joe chewed and smirked while Chaekyung tried to hit him in revenge for eating her chocopie. "It's the sister. I took up Changjo's suggestion but it's not really working, I don't get to spend a lot of time with the elder sister even though I'm here at their house all the time.'

There was a pause. "So you're spending all your time with the younger sis?"

"Yeah." L.Joe laughed a little when Chaekyung nearly tripped on her way out. She made a face and darted out of the room. L.Joe laid back down on the bed and yawned. "It's not really working yet but I'm sure I can get Jaekyung to notice me soon."

"Hm I'm sure." Chunji sounded distracted and like he was holding back something. "Tell us when there's progress."

"Okay, expect my news soon then." L.Joe grinned. He hung up the call and had no idea what Chunji said on the other end of the line.

"With the younger sister you fool. You won't even know what happens when it hits you."

 

 

 

L frowned as he watched L.Joe and Chaekyung walk in front of him, their hands interlaced. He never saw Chaekyung looked any more stiff and unhappy than how she looked now. He glanced at Jaekyung and saw that she was watching the couple with a happy smile on her face.

He sighed. He couldn't do anything about it if Chaekyung wanted to date L.Joe. It wasn't his right to interfere. However, if that L.Joe guy dare lay a finger on his Jaekyung (literally), L wouldn't hesitate to snap that guy's head off. In his opinion, Jaekyung was soft and worth protecting and even if she would severely hurt him should she know that he was looking out for her. She was an independent woman like that.

"What are you doing?" Chaekyung tried to slap L.Joe's hand away and frowned. "Even if we were dating for real there wouldn't be any need to keep holding hands and sticking together everywhere we went."

L.Joe blew on his bangs and flicked her forehead. Chaekyung winced and frowned at him again, he kept doing that. "Babo, I'm not sticking to you. I'm sticking to Jaekyung." he snickered. "If you don't like me around, you should stop sticking so close to your sister." he reasoned.

Chaekyung's face lit up. "Does this mean that if I'm not around unnie, you'd not be around me?"

"Yeah, but then I would be sticking to Jaekyung using whatever means and charms I can conjure." L.Joe grinned. Chaekyung sagged in disappointment and elbowed him. "Mean."

"What did you expect? I'm trying to woo your sister here." L.Joe glanced back at Jaekyung and sent a smile when he caught her eyes. Jaekyung gave a gentle friendly smile back and L.Joe grinned brighter, turning back and wriggling his brows at Chaekyung. "See? I'm halfway there already."

Chaekyung resisted the urge to snort and huffed, shaking her head. Her hair slapped against L.Joe's face and he held her head away, trying to dodge her hair. Chaekyung shook her head even more, grinning when she found that it irritated him.

"Aish." L.Joe finally let go of her hand to stand further away from her and Chaekyung internally cheered. It wasn't that she hated holding his hand (on second thoughts, she did despise doing so), but it was the fact that it was all an act that irritated her even more. She didn't like lying and this was the biggest lie she had ever told in her life. It didn't feel good.

He turned around to let Jaekyung catch up as he slowed to stroll beside her with a charming smile. L glanced at him warily but didn't say anything. He gave Chaekyung a small smile as she joined them by his side.

"Jaekyung, I hear from the princess that you write for the school's newspaper." L.Joe smiled. Chaekyung bit back a snort and made a face. Heh what a fake smile that was. The only expression of his she was acquainted with was the stupid smirk.

Jaekyung nodded with a smile. "Yes that's right."

"That's very cool." L.Joe praised. "I like girls who aren't just a pretty face. It's nice that you're intelligent and knowlegeable as well."

L twitched. That girl he was praising already had a boyfriend. Him.

Jaekyung laughed, thinking he was joking. "Well yeah obviously, or you wouldn't fall for Chae." she teased. L.Joe nearly laughed out loud and he caught Chaekyung's eyes. She stuck out her tongue at him, knowing he was laughing away in his mind. Intelligent and knowlegeable? Chaekyung was the last person he would use those words on.

She was so naive and easy to trick. He liked that trait on her however, he always enjoyed making her fall for his tricks and seeing her suffer. Evil? Yes. Enjoying it? Double yes.

"Our Chaekyung is also kind-hearted and such a sweet girl, you better treat her right okay?" Jaekyung wagged her finger at him. "Don't worry about it, I'll treat my girl right." L.Joe nodded. L noted how he said "my girl" instead of Chaekyung's name outright and he didn't feel too comfortable about it.

"Anyway Jaekyung," L.Joe gave a billion watt smile that could effectively melt any girl's heart. "I thought the last article you wrote was really impressive and I'm interested in how you the entire process, from formulating the ideas to research and writing it. Do you think I could go over to the Writer's Club to take a look?"

Chaekyung choked on her saliva and nearly laughed out loud. Writer's club? Like hell L.Joe would want to join the writer's club. He was definitely the ride a motorbike along the highway kind of guy, not writing articles and reading newspaper type.

"Ariel can you even write a sentence without grammar mistakes?" Chaekyung blurted, snorting. L blinked in confusion at the name while Jaekyung smiled in excitement, nudging her boyfriend. "Don't you think their endearments are cute?" she whispered. L blinked. Huh, calling your boyfriend a girl's name was an endearment?

L.Joe shot her a look. "You're so cute princess." he ruffled her hair a little too hard to get back at her insult. Chaekyung stuck out her tongue and harrumphed.

She hooked her hands with her sister and shot L.Joe a look. "Unnie, if Ariel Byunghun ever asks you to do anything alone, don't do it because he's just trying to seduce you."

Jaekyung laughed, not realizing that Chaekyung was being serious. L.Joe paled and turned his head over to glare at Chaekyung. "Yah!"

 

 

 

 

"Yah you're supposed to be helping me get Jaekyung, princess." L.Joe grumbled, narrowing his eyes at her. "Not driving her away from me."

"There's no supposed about it." Chaekyung rebutted. "I don't know what you're thinking but unnie would never try to go for my supposed boyfriend if you think about it. She's the nicest person on earth. She would sacrifice her own feelings if she happened to like the guy I was dating." Chaekyung sighed softly when she thought about what happened with L.

L.Joe harrumphed. "You can never predict the future can you? Jaekyung might really fall for me, you wouldn't know."

"With you saying such things to her, it would be even harder for her to fall for me." L.Joe complained. Chaekyung shook her head. "The deal was for me to act as your girlfriend and that's all I'm going to do." she told him firmly. "I'm going to do everything I can to stop you from destroying unnie and L Oppa's relationship."

"You're still not thinking this through." L.Joe grabbed Chaekyung's arm. "If I get Jaekyung, you stand a chance with-"

"I don't want a chance with him okay?" Chaekyung shook his grip off, not looking at him. "I'm already acting as your girlfriend like I promised and that's all I'll do."

L.Joe watched as she stormed away from him, an act he never expected her to do. He thought Chaekyung was meek, naive, spoilt which explained why he called her "princess".

He never expected her to be so firm on supporting Jaekyung and L's relationship especially when she was in love with L herself. If L.Joe never read Chaekyung's journal, he would never have guessed Chaekyung's secret feelings for L since she seemed to be the couple's number one fan.

He couldn't figure her out at all. Even if it was love for her sister, it wouldn't burn so strong, would it?