Baby You Cried Tonight

Baby you cried tonight

here you go infinitejjang i hope it was good enough ;;

 

 

They’ve done it. This is their first comeback, their first album, and their first win. They stand on the Music Bank stage as one, all holding their breath in anticipation for the announcement of the winner and–

“EXO!”

The audience screams at the top of their lungs. The boys all yell and whoop madly, modestly taking congratulations from the other groups also on the stage, Baekhyun and Yixing hi-fiving each other and Jongin busy doing fanservice with the cameras.

The MC hands Junmyeon the mic to make his acceptance speech, and he lasts about three seconds before he bursts into tears.

“I-I want to thank Lee Sooman-seonsaengnim, and friends, and– ” He makes a strangled noise and carries on blubbering– "and friends and EXO members and staff a-and fans…”

Their first win is a precious milestone.

Sehun’s about to grab him in a hug when several members rush toward them and squish Sehun in their hurry to comfort their leader. Chanyeol takes over with a speech of his own and Junmyeon is left to Luhan’s comforting rubs on the shoulder.

When the ending rolls in EXO fervently bow to all their seniors and the MCs, and Chanyeol pats Junmyeon on the about forty times and tells him to “stop crying because it’s ugly.”

Sehun manages to kick him in the shin before he gets glomped by Yixing, and then he loses Junmyeon in the chaos when the music for Wolf starts up and Taemin drags him into dancing the choreo. It’s only after that Sehun spots his leader at the back of the stage wiping his face with the back of his sleeve and runs over to console him.

“Oh, Sehunnie,” he sniffs, blinking more tears away, “I’m so proud of us...” He looks so small and sad, sitting all by himself on the floor, but his face shines with happiness.

Sehun gives him a big hug anyway.

 

 

Somehow Junmyeon manages to cry again several days later, in the middle of his speech at the Incheon fansign. Due to their assigned standing places Sehun is stuck at least four people away so all he can do is watch Junmyeon drop into a crouch and turn into a puddle of feels.

On Junmyeon’s left is Jongdae, who is the first to wrap his arm around his shoulder, followed by Luhan and Yixing on the right and suddenly they’re all a massive lump of reassuring touches and “it’s okay”s while half the fangirls also get teary-eyed and offer their oppa words of encouragement.

Junmyeon sobs into the microphone and someone laughs before pulling it away to stop more funny noises being transmitted. He rubs his eyes, inhales deeply and continues in a wobbly voice.

“Everything  I’ve dreamed of in the past seven years all came true in these three days. I love you all!”

Sehun feels all kinds of warm and gooey inside but a part of him is happy for the leader who’d held out for seven years at SM Entertainment, waiting year after year for his chance to debut and show the world his worth. It made success all the more sweeter.

Sehun tries to get into the throng of boys all hugging Junmyeon but Kris’s giant hand and arm cut across his face to pat Junmyeon’s back, effectively blocking him off. He purses his lips and sulks instead.

 

 

“Oh god, I was so embarrassing today,” Junmyeon moans in front of the mirror. He shuts his eye and dabs at it with make-up remover to get rid of the remaining eyeliner.

The fansign had taken a while to get through, and it was late by the time they’d all piled into the van and returned to the dorms.

“You’re always embarrassing,” Sehun comments from the other side of the room.

“Brat,” Junmyeon returns, but his tone has no bite. “Now all the fangirls have my crying face on camera.”

“But you have a nice face, hyung, so why does it matter?”

K’s leader rolls his eyes and throws the used tissue in the wastepaper basket. “You don’t have fancams of yourself crying all over the internet,” he mutters, and he knows the maknae is grinning his head off. “So don’t make fun of me.” He dumps his jeans into a pile of dirty clothes and gets ready to turn in for the night.

Sehun’s already in his bed, buried under the covers until only his head sticks out. He never sleeps in his own bed, preferring to cuddle with the closest person like the clingy maknae he is. When Junmyeon climbs in he pulls him close and snuggles up against his back.

“When do you cry next?” he quips. He breathes in the familiar scent of soft dark hair and slides his hands up Junmyeon’s shirt to touch the expanse of smooth skin underneath.

Junmyeon elbows him in the gut. “Never,” he replies, “otherwise Luhan’s going to overtake me in the manliness stakes.”

Sehun snorts. “I’m betting ten thousand won you’ll do it again by next week,” he says smugly.

“Want to sleep by yourself tonight, maknae?” Junmyeon asks coolly.

Sehun zips his lips.

“I thought so.”

 

 

Next week EXO is scheduled to appear on Sukira so they all squish into the tiny little room around Ryeowook, stuffing in as many chairs as they can fit in. Sehun tries to bag a spot next to Junmyeon but Jongdae beats him to it and Chanyeol plants his on the other side.

“You guys ,” Sehun whines, putting his headphones on his head.

“Ouch, that was mean. Go sit in the naughty corner,” Jongdae teases him.

Sadly, the only seat left for him is, well, in the corner.

Today Ryeowook asks them to say a short message to each other, so Junmyeon volunteers himself first. Ryeowook gives him the thumbs-up to go ahead.

“Right. So I’d like to borrow some precious time to say what I want to all the members,” K’s leader says. Kim Junmyeon’s special ability is super-mushy stuff, and this is right up his alley. “Shall we start from the maknae?”

Sehun perks up immediately. Me?
Somebody sniggers about how he’s Junmyeon’s favourite but he just sits there and basks in it all. He knows he’s the favourite anyway, and he never has to fight for the title.

“Sehunnie, you’ve grown a lot,” Junmyeon continues. “It seems like yesterday when I first saw you. Although at that time you were shorter than me.” He sighs, and the rest of EXO laugh good-naturedly.

Sehun smiles to himself in the corner, and lets their leader carry on.

“And, well, hyung feels warm that you’ve grown this much. I love you,” Junmyeon adds on the end.

There’s something that sparks between the two of them that doesn’t need to be said, but makes such words all the more heartfelt. After all, Junmyeon had spent a portion of his training period watching after the scrawny, lanky little boy who had shown up one day saying he was Oh Sehun and a trainee at SM too.

It gets ruined by Luhan and Baekhyun turning around, taking one look at the smiley Sehun and end up covering their mouths to stop themselves laughing out loud. Sehun briefly considers kicking the legs of their chairs while Junmyeon reads out his messages for the other members. Everyone chuckles and “aww”s at his sincere words.

“Your turn, Sehun-ssi,” Ryeowook calls, jolting Sehun out of his daydreaming.

“Uh, yes hyung.” Rather than addressing the members individually he decides on a collective message for them all. “Um, every night before bed, I pray…”

He pauses for a bit, not quite sure what to say next.

“Sehunnie really thinks about the members a lot, despite what people think,” Jongin covers for him, and Ryeowook nods in agreement.

“It’s tough,” he agrees. “but even as the maknae, he cares so much. What do you pray for at night, Sehun-ssi?”

“Well, I pray for… I pray…” Sehun trails off and looks up to see Junmyeon watching him with a concerned expression. He’s sure that if they weren’t so far apart, his leader would have reached out and squeezed his hand for reassurance by now. He feels so lucky to be surrounded by such – oh.

He sniffs, blinking his eyes as his vision starts getting wet and blurry.

“Aww, Sehunnie, don’t cry,” Chanyeol says. Yixing pats the poor boy on the back.

Sehun goes for it. “I-I said to myself I wouldn’t cry on the broadcast, so to our members… let’s never fight and always be there for each other and it would be nice if we would all just be happy and well together forever,” he says in one breath, and Junmyeon heart melts somewhere in the middle of it all.

Sehun wipes his tears with his hand, trying to turn away so the camera can’t see, and suddenly all of EXO’s eyes are on him, a mixture of incredulousness and disbelief and shock that Oh Sehun had actually cried.

He’s never going to live this one down.

After the broadcast he thinks he’s nearly escaped in the chaos of everybody moving chairs around and picking up water bottles and gathering all the paper scripts up but someone calls out his name and he turns around at the sound of the warm voice.

“Oh, Sehunnie,” Junmyeon pulls him into a hug and affectionately pets his colourful hair, “you didn’t have to say all of that.”

“But I meant it,” the boy pouts, because he is a boy and he has emotions too, and then everything is okay again.

 

 

“Hyung, are you going to make fun of me?” Sehun asks that night. They’re tucked away together in the one bed again and he starts layering light kisses down the side of Junmyeon’s neck in the hopes of the lessening the amount of teasing he’s going to have to put up with over the next few days.

“Oh, I don’t know,” Junmyeon says mockingly. “Have you been on the internet yet?”

Sehun doesn’t feel so good anymore. “No...”

“Just so you know, Sukira’s released their video. The fans have already made gifs of you crying.” Junmyeon’s grin is so wide it’s basically radiating off him. “Funny how ‘ten thousand won you’ll do it again by next week’ turned into you being the one having a sob on live broadcast,” he smirks, catching the boy’s hand before it can sneak any further up his shirt.

“But you can tell everyone to leave me alone,” Sehun moans. “They’ll listen to you. Otherwise they’re going to laugh at me until I die.”

“It would do you some good to be humble for once, maknae,” Junmyeon tells him. He reaches behind him and flicks Sehun on the forehead (he actually misses and gets his nose but it’s close enough). “I won’t make fun of you, promise. Stop trying to touch me, and go to sleep.”

 

 

Junmyeon lied to him, because Sehun swears he’s out to embarrass him to death.

All through their promotions Junmyeon turns into a giant dork on stage, doing dances worthy of making his fanbase cringe, spouting the cheesiest responses on interviews and making faces at the cameras in general. Every single time Sehun wants to facepalm and hide in shame from the walking embarrassment that is EXO-K’s leader. The worst is during some event when Junmyeon pretends to be his fan and hits Sehun with his fist like a girl, imitating his “shhh” part from the Growl MV and calling him “oppa”, and Sehun really has to smack a hand over his own face and try to escape before he can be seen with dork!Suho in public any further.

But maybe Sehun’ll forgive his antics after Junmyeon grabs him on the stage at KCon, reels him in and presses a kiss to his cheek right in front of the sea of wild fans.

That’s maybe the one embarrassing thing he doesn’t mind.

 

 

more fluffy fluff stuff yaaaay i actually have no idea what order the above events happened or exactly what they said i only did minimal research don't eat me