Chapter 47

My Fake Girlfriend

            Hongki laughed as he ate a piece of cooked beef off the grill.  “That was one interesting Star Golden Bell shooting.” he said, as he ate the piece of meat.

            “What do you mean?” asked Seeyang, as she ate a piece of lettece.

            “I didn’t know that Jonghun and you had such an awkward relationship.” stated Hongki, with a smile as he looked at the guy.  Jonghun smiled a shy smile as he took a sip of the soju in front of him.

            After the recording of Star Golden Bell, the guys, Hongki, and Jonghun wanted to go out and eat.  It was already late, so they decided to stop by a small vendor for a grill for some barbecue.  The group decided to order and drink only 2 bottles of soju.

            Seeyang looked over at Jonghun and smiled a small smile.  “You two really are awkward.” laughed Jungshin, as he ate a piece of meat.  “And, you guys are born the same year and within the same month, only a few days apart too.  Why so awkward?”

            “I’m sorry that called you Jonghyun, Jonghun.” stated Seeyang.  The guys laughed softly.  During the recording, the MCs asked her which of the guests was the one that she wanted to get close to the most and her answer was Jonghun.  She explained that their relationship is awkwardly slow, even compared to her relationship with Joon.  Seeyang said that it was probably because one time she accidently called him Jonghyun instead of Jonghun.

            “N-No…  It’s OK.” said Jonghun.  “Y-You didn’t really mean to call me that…  Or spell my name worng eithr on purpose.”  Seeyang had sent him a text message, but had spelled his name wrong as well.  He didn’t reply, so she assumed that it was because he thought that she meant to send a text to Jonghyun instead.

            “It’s just that I feel really bad.” said Seeyang, as she patted his shoulder.  “How can I make it up for you, Jonghun.”

            “For a moment there, I really thought that you were going to say Jonghyun.” smiled Jonghun, causing the others to laugh.  “You don’t need to make up for anything…  It’s fine…  You calling me Jonghyun 92% of the time just probably mean that you think a lot about him.”

            Seeyang laughed and turned to Jonghyun.  He was smiling at her.  Under the table, his hand was patting her thigh softly.  “I suppose.” she said.

            “Noona, you have a lot of fans, don’t you?” stated Minhyuk, as he ate a piece of cucumber.

            “What?” she asked, as Jonghyun fed her a piece of bulgogi.

            The guys, except for Jonghyun laughed.  “Oh come on!!” said Hongki.  “You seriously didn’t realize that Kyuhyun sunbae practically fell in love with you when asked him if you could make chocolates for him on Valentine’s Day?”

            “I thought that he was more disgusted than enjoying it.” said Seeyang, making the guys shake their heads.

            “Don’t ever date an Oppa, Noona.” suggested Jungshin.  “He’ll never let you go because you’ll be too cute and wonderful for him to ever let you go.”

            “Cute?  As if!!” said Seeyang, as she looked at Jonghyun.  He was surprisingly quiet tonight.  “I can’t even do aegyo properly…”

            The guys snickered.  The aegyo that MC Kim wanted Seeyang to do was an awkward one.  She was uncomfortable that the camera was on her, so she was nervous.  After a few seconds of looking into the camera, not sure of what to do, she winked, which caused the audience and the male guests to explode with fandom.

            “It was still cute though.” nodded Jungshin, with a laugh.  “I never knew that you could wink so cute.”

            Hongki laughed.  “If only Nichkhun was there, it would have been epic if they both winked to each other.” he said.

            “Why don’t you wink again?” suggested Jonghun.

            Seeyang shook her head, as she watched Jonghyun drank a shot of soju.  “Just do it!” laughed Hongki.  Seeyang laughed and quickly winked to the guys.  The guys became fanboys on the spot and squealed, making her laugh harder.  After the sqeauling died down, she turned to Jonghyun.  He was eating somberly.

            On the ride home, Jonghyun fell asleep with his head resting on Seeyang’s.  Minhyuk and Jungshin were quiet.  They really wanted to talk about the recording of the show and about Seeyang’s idol fanboys, but they weren’t sure if Jonghyun really was asleep or not. 

            Apperantly, 2pm’s Taecyeon has taken a liking to Seeyang and has even prepared to be introduced to her “formally”.  He bought her a friendship ring and presented to her during the recording on one knee as if he was gong to propose to her.  Seeyang didn’t accept it during the recording, but did after the show backstage.  She didn’t want to be involved in another scandal and Taecyeon was too excited to think of the consequences when he presented the gift.  He did apologize to her after the recording though.

            Seeyang was about to wake up Jonghyun when the van pulled up to her apartment complex, but he woke up himself.  “Let me take you home.” he suggested, with a tired voice.

            She shook her head.  “It’s OK.” she said.  

            “I’m going to take you.  What if there’s some creepy guy waiting around by your door?” said Jonghyun.  Jungshin glanced over at Minhyuk and flashed a confused face.

            “What do you mean?  I already told the landlady that she should keep a close eye on anyone who enters the building.” said Seeyang, as she rolled her eyes.  “Which reminds me, I need to make Yonghwa deliver her some cupcakes.”

            Jungshin laughed.  “That’s nice how your landlady likes Yonghwa.  She’ll definitely make sure to keep an eye open.” he said.

            Jonghyun glared at Jungshin, making him drop his smile.  “Regardless, I’m going to take you to your door.” he said.

            “Fine, since you want to.” said Seeyang, as she got up from her seat.  Jonghyun followed her.

            After the couple was gone inside the small apartment building, Jungshin turned to Minhyuk.   “Did seeing Gyuri make him go haywire?” he asked.

            Minhyuk shrugged his shoulders.  “I don’t know.  He did act weird earlier when we were eating though.” he said.  The two turned to look back at the building, worried.

 

 

            “Are you OK?” asked Seeyang, as the two walked up the stairs.  She was taking 2 steps at a time and Jonghyun followed suit.  He didn’t answer.  “Are you sick?”

            The two came to Seeyang’s studio complex after 3 flights of stairs.  “I’ve been thinking...” he finally answered.

            “And?” asked Seeyang, as she opened the door.

            “I’m regretting…” whispered Jonghyun, as he looked at the ground.  He gestured for the two to talk in private and Seeyang stepped into the studio apartment.

            After Jonghyun closed the door behind him, Seeyang asked, “What are you regretting about?”

            “I should have never gone on with Chairman Jang and Manager Kwan’s idea of a solo featuring you.” said Jonghyun, soflty.  “Having you being feature in the song only makes you an easier target for more haters…  Not only that, but it seems like you detest the limelight.”

            “It is true that I prefer a quiet life…” said Seeyang, softly.  “But, in time, that limelight will die down.”

            “You were so uncomfortable when the cameras turn to you…” said Jonghyun.

            Seeyang shrugged her shoulders, as she took off her jacket.  “It just takes time to get used to.” she said, turning on the heater.  The apartment was cold.  “Wasn’t Gyuri Unnie beautiful with her new red hair?”

            “Gyuri?” asked Jonghyun, as if the word was almost foreign.  “Oh…  Of course!  That color suits her.”  Jonghyun wasn’t really paying attention much to Gyuri during the recording at all.  The MCs kept on asking Seeyang questions and he was worried about her because she’s not used to having the camera’s attention.  Jonghyun and she have been on radio shows mostly, avoiding TV shows. 

            Seeyang smiled.  “You should probably head down.  Driver Dongho turned off the engine.” she said, as she looked out the window. 

            Jonghyun nodded his head, taking her suggestion.  “Good night.” he said.

            “Good night.” said Seeyang, as she turned to look at him.  Before he left, he turned back to give her his dimple smile and left.

            After Seeyang showered and got into bed, she received a text from Jonghyun. 

No.1: Sleep well tonight and rest tomorrow.  And…  Let’s meet each other in our dreams.  ^^ 

            Seeyang smiled.  

Domestic.Goddess: Do you dream of me then?  Besides, why are you wishing me good night through a text?  I can’t sleep now. 

            Jonghyun didn’t respond to the text for a minute or so. 

No.1: I’m sorry.  I thought that it would be nice to send you a nice message right before you sleep.

            Seeyang stared at the text.  He was ignoring the question she asked: Do you dream of me then? 

DomesticGoddess: Jonghyun, do you dream of me? 

            He didn’t reply for another minute. 

No.1: I’ve been dreaming of you a lot recently… 

            Seeyang thought for a moment of what she’ll say to him.  She has been dreaming of him practically every day for the past 4 months. 

DomesticGoddess:I’ve been dreaming of you almost every day for the4 months now.

No.1: I want you to sleep over everyday…  I miss having you sleep next to me.  It doesn’t feel the same anymore without you.

            Seeyang stared at the text.  Since the two were not talking on the phone nor are they face to face, she wasn’t sure if he really meant what he was saying.

DomesticGoddess: Put a pillow next to you then.  It’ll just be the same.

            After a few seconds of waiting for Jonghyun to reply, Seeyang placed her phone on the side of her futon bed and pulled up the blankets.  She was tired and wanted to go to sleep.  Just right when she was about to close her eyes, Jonghyun sent a reply.

No.1: A pillow isn’t the same as you and I do that every night now.  Yonghwa thinks that I’m scared of the wall or something because I put a pillow on that side of my bed.  keke ^^  Good night.  Sorry for bothering you.

            Seeyang smiled.

DomesticGoddess: Good night Number 1.  ;P

 

**NOTE:  Hello everyone!!!  ^^

Jonghyun's attention wasn't on Gyuri during the recording!!!  Yay!!!  ^.~  Hmmm...  It seems like he has been nice to her lately...  I like their text message conversation!!  But, Jonghyun's confession:  "I've been dreaming of you a lot recently..."  Pssh!!!  What if they were wet dreams?!!!!!  (The horror!!!!)  Don't get too excited, girls!!!

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!!!

LOVE,

loveFORyunho

on 11/4/2010 @ 8:42 PM PST