Chapter 22

My Fake Girlfriend

            Someone came into the room, causing everyone to turn to look at the person.  It was Jonghyun.  He finally came back from who knows where.  From what the CN Blue staff and the band knew, Jonghyun disappeared somewhere for a good 20 minutes or so after the show ended.  No one knew where he went.  Seeyang smiled at Jonghyun, as he stepped in, enraged.  He didn’t look at anyone, as Yonghwa handed him his guitar; they were leaving and he have to put it away.

            Jonghyun didn’t bother looking at Seeyang.  He was deep in thought, as he started to loathe the girl.  If only she wasn’t there…  If only she wasn’t his fake girlfriend…  If only the media had favored him more…  If only.  From the beginning, Jonghyun wasn’t sure if the idea would work.  But, due to Seeyang’s over the top qualifications with her high academic achievements, down to earth personality, and over the top amazing hidden talents…  She was a perfect fit for Chairman Jang.  To Jonghyun, if the two were to have known each other, he would barely see her as a friend.  Nothing more.  Nothing more…

            A hand placed on Jonghyun’s shoulder, startling him.  He looked up and met Seeyang’s worried smile.  “What’s wrong?” she asked.

            “What do you mean?” asked Jonghyun.

            “You’ve been opening and reopening your guitar case for 2 minutes straight now.” answered Seeyang, with a worried face.  “Not only that, but everyone left already.  The guys told me to wait for you; they’re in the van waiting.”

            “Oh…” said Jonghyun, as he looked down at what he was doing.  The guitar case was open.  He quickly closed it and stood up.

            Seeyang smiled.  “You should be happy.” she said.

            “Why?” asked Jonghyun, irritated.

            “You made the crowd love you today.” she said.

            “Hm.” replied Jonghyun, slightly distracted as they made their way out of the waiting room.

            “I came late, so how was the show?” asked Seeyang, honestly.  She did, indeed, came too late to watch the recording of the show.

            Jonghyun didn’t answer, as he looked ahead and paused.  He hesitated to walk forward.  Seeyang turned to look at what he was looking at; it was Kara.  She smiled as they greeted them.  Jonghyun approached quickly along with Seeyang.  Gyuri looked around, uncomfortably.

            “Hi, Seeyang!!” said Nicole, with a huge smile.  “Did you get that link that I sent you?”

            “Yeah, I did.” she nodded.  Nicole and Seeyang have gotten close through Tiffany.  The other day, Nicole was searching through the net and had found a fanfic with Seeyang as the lead, so she decided to send her the link.  “Thank you.”

            “No problem.” smiled Nicole.  “I’ll call you later OK?”

            Seeyang nodded, as Kara bid their goodbyes and left the couple.  She looked up at the quiet Jonghyun.  He was absorbed in watching Kara leave.

            “So, do you have any exciting news to tell me?” asked Seeyang, grabbing his attention.

            He looked down at her with furious eyes.  He quickly debated whether or not to tell her the truth, again.  “For your information,” whispered Jonghyun so only she could hear, softly and calmly as possible.  “I had just kissed the woman of my dreams.”

            Seeyang laughed, lighthearted, as she punched him lightly on the shoulder.  “I told you that you are amazing.” she said.  Then, there was a pause; a hesitation to say something.  She said in a whisper, “I’m sorry for being your girlfriend.”

 

 

            Seeyang smiled as she and Jonghyun stepped into CN Blue’s dorm.  It was clean, but still messy and still disorganized.  She has just recently finished her 3 month internship with a cardiologist and is able to breathe easier now.  She laughed, as she took off her shoes.  Jonghyun just smiled, as he did the same.

            “It looks like you guys have finally made this place livable.” said Seeyang, as she turned to look at Jonghyun.

            He continued to smile.  “I had to clean.  It was unbearable.” he said.  “I had to seriously bug the guys to get them off their butts to help me too.”

            Seeyang laughed.  “It was pretty bad, a month ago.” she said, as she stepped into the living room.

            “How have you been?” asked Jonghyun, as the two sat on the couch.

            “Well rested.” laughed Seeyang.

            “MBC wants to record a 10 episode reality show on us.” said Jonghyun.

            “What did Manager Kwan say?” asked Seeyang.

            “He agreed.” nodded Jonghyun, disappointed, but not surprised.  MBC wants to show all of South Korea of how they work out their relationship through the hectic schedules of a popular musician and future medical school student.

            “Oh.” nodded Seeyang.  Her nose wrinkled.  “How is this going to work exactly?  Aren’t you and I busy alike these days?”

            “The episode is supposed to come out at least once a week…  They are hoping that it will be at least an hour long…” answered Jonghyun.  “We’re going to start recording the show at least 3 weeks before the episode will air, at least.  I’m not really sure how this is going to work…  MBC wants to catch us when we’re the most busiest, so Korea will know how hard we work to see each other or something like that I suppose.”

            “We can’t just change our schedules for recording…” said Seeyang.  “I hope the PD will give you a lot of screentime because I have a boring life.  At least with you, you’re on music shows, magazine interviews, behind the sceen of a commercial shooting, and more.  That’s more exciting…”

            Jonghyun laughed.  “Life is pretty dull after promotions.” he said.

            Jonghyun and Seeyang have practically lost all contact with each other for the past week.  He didn’t feel like it was necessary to call her since their relationship is a phony.  She couldn’t call him because of her busy schedule of her norms.  She would usually take the time to call him, but she was too busy.

            “We have to do a lot of skinship scenes, huh?” asked Seeyang, as she looked at Jonghyun.

            “Hm.” he answered, his mind elsewhere.  After a minute or so, he realized how quiet their conversation came to be.  Randomly, he asked, “The guys that you liked in the past…  Why didn’t it work out?”

            “They were simply uninterested.” smiled Seeyang.  “I was only beneficial to them when it came to homework, free tutoring, or anything that dealt with me not getting anything in the end, basically parasitic relationships.  You’re number 21.”

            “Huh?” asked Jonghyun, confused.

            “You’re the 21st guy that I am, once again in some way, benefical to.” answered Seeyang.  “You’re getting more variety show opportunities, as I am aware of.”

            “True.” nodded Jonghyun.  “I am on variety shows more now.  But, you’re getting money in the end, so this shold be considered as a different case.  We have a mutualistic relationship.”

            “I hope that when this relationship is over, you’re everywhere.” smiled Seeyang.

            Jonghyun nodded his head, as he nodded his head.  “I hope so too.” he said.

 

 

            Seeyang lay onto her futon and rubbed her eyes.  Through her closed blinds that were covered by layer of thick curtains, she could still see the light emitting from the full moon tonight.  She frowned as she pulled her blanket closer to her.  Should I terminate my contract?, thought Seeyang.

            She felt horrible for being in the way of Jonghyun and Gyuri becoming a couple.  If she would have thought fully of what the affects would be on Jonghyun at the time, then maybe she wouldn’t have signed the contract.  She felt guilty for being selfish and didn’t think who the contract would really affect in the end.  Seeyang sighed as she sat up in bed and looked down at her hands.  She needs money to become the surgeon that she had committed herself to become.  Where can she find such a huge sum of money in a matter of 2 years?

            Soon, it’ll be a year that Seeyang has signed the contract.  It’ll just be another short year afterwards and it will all end.  Then, again, the contract never said anything about the consequences of Seeyang terminating the contract.

            Seeyang shook her head as her eyes watered.  “I didn’t endure all that hatred from Boice fans for no reason.” she said, softly to herself.  “I’ve already signed that contract…  I might as well just carry out my word for it.  It’s just that I feel so bad for interferring a world that I never belonged to in the first place…”

 

**NOTE:  Hello, hello!!!  I hope that you all enjoyed this chapter!!  It's ironic...  Jonghyun's favorite band is 2NE1 and he is the 21st guy that "uses" Seeyang for his own benefits...   I wasn't even thinking of it like that until my sister played 2NE1's "Fire" just right now....  I feel bad for Seeyang...  She doesn't deserve this.  Jonghyun, I made you into a horrible boyfriend!!!  T.T

LOVE,

loveFORyunho

on 9/26/2010 @ 5:02 PM PST