Warm Muffin

» Bulletproof Colors «
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(1)

 

Yoongi pulls his blinds up and frowns at the blizzard currently happening outside of his warm room. It was definitely not weather for school—so he decided against it. But then he peers through the snow and he sees his neighbor, in which he met only this summer when they moved in, all bundled up along with his backpack and actually going to school. Well, not before helping Yoongi's dad shovel the snow.


 

He groans because that kid (Jimin was it?) was younger than him yet he continues to 1 up him as a neighbor, a friend, even a person. It was so ing embarrassing, yet for some reason there was absolutely no way for Yoongi to be a complete towards the boy.


 

“What the hell do you want,” Yoongi glares at Jimin. This was only a month before; when autumn was still a thing. Jimin instantly perks up when he sees Yoongi, opening his mouth to say something before Yoongi interrupts, “Actually, I don't want to know. I'll just go get my dad or something.”

 

Jimin pouts childishly before saying in a voice and tone that makes Yoongi think you are a ing 3rd grade child, “My mom baked you guys food!”

 

Yoongi grumbles to himself and finally notices the white box in Jimin's hands. He extends his hands out and sighs, “Fine.”

 

Jimin places the box in Yoongi's hands carefully, and grins even larger than before.

 

“And stop smiling like that,” Yoongi adds, before closing the door.

 

 

Not that he actually listened. Jimin actually manages to make eye contact with Yoongi as he finishes off the last pile of snow. He grins that childish yet handsome grin and makes him feel even worse than before. The younger boy waves excitedly, and Yoongi only returns his greeting by rolling his eyes and leaving the window in favor of his bed.



 

(2)

 

 

One would think someone would only get less annoying as time went on, but Yoongi finds new things about Jimin that would become a new annoyance to him. At school, in the beginning Jimin clung onto Yoongi essentially whenever he could because he didn't know anyone else.
And by clinging, he meant actual clinging, too. Of course he fought back, but eventually he gave up. Jimin generally was quiet and shy at school, so he guessed it didn't bother him that much.


 

Except now, Jimin slowly had found a close group of friends and started hanging around them instead. Which was good...! Of course.

 

But what annoyed him now is how similar his friends were with him.

 

They laughed too much, were too touchy, too...too childish.

 

 

“What are you staring at?” Hoseok asked, following his gaze. Lunch time meant Jimin and his friends: Taehyung and Jungkook would be with him.

 

“Wh—no, nothing,” Averting his gaze to his food instead.

 

“Are you staring at those kids?” Namjoon asked.

 

“...No.”

 

“Hey isn't the one in the middle your neighbor?” Jin noticed. “He used to eat with us before right? Since he was always with you.”



“...Yeah.”

 

“They're cute,” Hoseok giggled.

 

Yoongi instantly glares at his friend, protesting, “They're ing annoying, all three of them. I don't know what's wrong with you Hoseok because there is nothing cute about anything, especially Park ing Jimin who is the cause of that trio. I hate how Jimin even found those two because I can't even handle one of them but I swear to God if I see them altogether out of school I will—”

 

“I don't see anything wrong with it,” Jin stops Yoongi mid-sentence.

 

“Yeah see? I mean Jimin was the same when he ate with us, anyway?” Hoseok retaliated, folding his arms haughtily, making Yoongi roll his eyes.

 

“You just sound jealous,” Namjoon said, smirking at the bothered boy.

 

Yoongi stares Namjoon for several seconds in silence before he (not so) calmly asks, “Where the did you get that conclusion?! What is there to be jealous of?!”

 

“Relax Yoongi, jesus!” Hoseok holds him back.

 

Namjoon only laughs loudly, Jin smacking him on the back of his head.



 


When the next class was about to start, Jimin greets the four of them as Taehyung, Jungkook and he were about to leave. They were still his friends after all.

 

“Hi hyungs!” Jimin's unmistakable voice pierces Yoongi's ears.

 

The other three wave at him and Yoongi only gives him the cold glare.

 

“Oh hyung!” Jimin runs over to Yoongi before placing a sugar cookie in his hand. “This reminded me of you, heh. Enjoy it,okay bye!”

 

The three boys run off before Yoongi has time to process what just happened and to yell at Jimin more. Instead he yells at his friends who are all giving him suggestive looks.

 

“How cute~” Namjoon sings.

 

Yoongi scowls at his so-called friend. He doesn't even like sugar cookies, but he still ate the whole thing.

 

 

(3)

 

 

“Okay, okay let's take a break!”

 

Yoongi flops onto the ground, the sun feeling like fire as it shines down on the team of basketball players. He huffs heavily, canceling everything out of his head as he tries to regain composure from the intense game.

 

Slowly, with his eyes closed, he just listens to the sounds of the area: silent chattering, the ball rolling around the court, his own heavy breathing—and a voice yelling “Yoongi-hyung!”

 

His eyes snap open, wondering if he had just fallen asleep because everyone on the basketball team was either older than him or close enough that they just call him “Yoongi” so why—

 

“Hyung!” the voice calls out again and Yoongi sits up this time to look around.

 

“Over here,” the voice says once more and he follows the voice to see his very cheerful neighbor from behind the metal fence surrounding the court.

 

“Park Jimin,” he grumbles. “What do you want?”



“Why so angry? Come over!”



Yoongi doesn't really want to move, but he does anyway. Maybe Jimin will leave faster then. “What?”

 

“You're so good at basketball!”

 

Yoongi scoffs, “Yeah, thanks.”



“No, really, I want to be good as you!”

 

Yoongi can only manage a nervous laugh because it's not everyday he sees his neighbor look so expectant with eyes glistening and almost blinding pearly white teeth.



“Can I come in?”



Yoongi looks at the gate, and even though its wide open, he finds the fact that Jimin needs to ask really...cute.

 

“I don't see why not,” he answers and Jimin grins widely.

 

“Yay!” he runs into the court and then says, “By the way, I brought water.” He takes a bottle out and hands it to Yoongi. “Here.”



Yoongi can feel his throat dry up at the sight of the water, wanting it badly. He has his own, but its farther in the corners where everyone else is at. He takes it and thanks Jimin quickly before gulping more than half down in seconds.

 

“I have more, too,” Jimin smiles.

 

He blinks a few times before asking, “Do you usually carry that much water with you all the time?”

 

“No, but I saw you playing basketball and I thought you'd need it, so I ran back home to get some before coming here and saying hi.”



“This is pretty far away from our house...”



“I know,” Jimin laughs. “That's why I ran.”

 

Yoongi knows it's impossible to win against the kid—but it's also kind of nice.

 

 

 

(4)

 

 

“You're kidding me,” Yoongi groans, staring up into the darkened, thick gray sky, the loud drops of water falling with people scrambling to get home.

 

Yoongi will admit it, he regrets not taking an umbrella with him. He looks around while he's still under the canopy of the school's entrance, trying to find someone he'd know with an umbrella or keys to a car—just something.

 

Where was Namjooon or Jin or Hoseok when he needed them? He sighs again, deciding he could ask his dad to pick him up, until a certain, overly cheerful boy comes and attacks him from the back.

 

“Hi hyung!”

 

“Park Jimin,” he murmurs under his breath. Of course, he should have thought of him since they lived right next to each other.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter