27. One Step Closer

Who's the Daddy?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

27. One Step Closer

-

Guess who?! ;)

 

-

A few days passed since the real proposal had happened. The two couldn't be happier of what's ahead in their life. What would have been overwhelming for other couples were nowhere near what they had felt. Dara knew she was ready, it may seem early for other people but she could care less of what others think. All she wanted was her own happy ending. As for Kwon, he was more than excited for everything. He would constantly ask Dara to do the shotgun wedding, but the girl would always decline his offer.

"Come on Dara," Jiyong asked for the nth time. "It'll be our own little secret then we can really get marrried. I mean just think of it this way, us eloping is like us being rebels."

"Rebels? Really Ji?" Dara wanted to laugh. "I don't see any rebelling going on there. I bet your parents would love that. Although I must warn you, Bom unnie would probably beat you after all she really wants to be in the wedding, particularly being my maid of honor."

"That's why it's a secret," Jiyong rolled his eyes.

Dara grabbed a piece of carrot from the platter she was busily arranging and tossed it straight at Jiyong's face.

"Yah!" Jiyong picked up the carrot and took a bite off of it. "You want to play now?"

"Ummm no," Dara smiled sweetly. "We have guests coming in an hour if I remember."

"Why did we agree to have this little get together again?" Jiyong continued setting the table.

"Because we're being thankful for having such good family and friends," Dara reminded the guy. "And plus isn't it nice to have them over? It's nice to feel that I have a family to lean on to."

"Oh babe," Jiyong grabbed Dara's waist gently pulling her closer towards him. "You'll have me and Little Pommie and my parents. I know your omma and appa are happy for you up there. I'll take good care of you and our baby. Okay?"

"I know you will," Dara quickly wiped her tears away. "Sorry, I'm just pregnant and emotional that's all."

"I got you babe," he planted a soft peck on Dara's cheek. "Now let's get this done so we can have some alone time before they arrive."

"ert!" she tried pushing the guy away but he only locked his arms around her tightly.

"I love you," Jiyong lovingly looked into her eyes.

"I love you too," Dara sweetly replied.

Planting one last kiss, he went back to his chores. Dara looked around and smiled seeing how Jiyong moves around the place. She then scanned their place and noticed how much things has changed ever since she moved in. From a bachelor pad to a family like home made her think about a real home. A home where she can call her own too. 

"What's wrong?" he asked making the girl shrug. She loves Jiyong's home although it wasn't what she'd see herself live in especially when the baby comes. Call it cliché but she wanted the whole white pickett fence with a huge backyard with a playground made for their kids. Greeneries covered the land and colors painted the rest of the house making it into a dream home.

"Nothing," Dara tried her best to control her emotions after all it would be a huge step for the guy to do. Marriage in particular, even though Jiyong is willing to do, seems to be a big decision to make. And she didn't want to add more to his growing list of decisions to make.

"You know, you can tell me what's going on inside that pretty head of yours," Jiyong attempted to crack her deep thoughts.

"I'm okay, really," she gave him a reassuring smile. "I just had a thought about my parents, that's all."

"You sure?" he doubted it was that, but he didn't dare go on and push her.

Once Dara nodded, the guy went on with setting the table. She quickly took deep breaths and then went on finishing the dishes she was doing hoping it won't happen again.

-

An hour passed and the house was already packed with their family and friends. The loud conversations and laughters filled their home making Dara forget about her sudden thoughts. Everyone in the table seems to enjoy everyone's company making the couple really happy. 

Jiyong can't help but smile seeing how happy his parents were. He didn't realize that all it takes for them to be this happy was him to get married. Okay he knew that, but you know how boys are, right? Dara also can't help but smile seeing how attentive the older Kwons were towards her. She knew deep down her parents would be as happy as they are for her and Jiyong too.

"Jiyong," Mrs. Kwon spoke up bringing everyone's attention.

"Yes mother?" he curiously looked at her. He was half worried about what his mother would say especially with other company around them.

"By any chance were you planning on moving?" she asked around at the two's home. "I know how much this apartment means to you, but son shouldn't you be thinking about moving somewhere bigger especially since you and Dara are expecting soon?"

Dara was then suddenly curious after all they never talked about moving. She had thought about it like earlier, but she didn't want to push Jiyong into making such decisions.

"Umm..." Jiyong turned to his right and saw Dara looking at him like what the others were doing. "I haven't deeply thought about it omma, I mean I'd like to take things one step at a time as Dara wanted. I don't want to rush her if she's not ready."

"Like getting married is not a fast thing to do," Bom muttered all of sudden. "I mean... yea go on..." She decided to eat a spoonful of her soup to shut herself up.

"I'm just worried that once our grandson comes, it'd be hard for you three to move," she went on making everyone in the room agree silently. "It's easy to move out now than doing it later on, but if you two are up for taking things slow then who I am I to decide for you two, right?"

Jiyong looked at his father then at Top and smiled nervously which Bom caught. Dara on the other just looked at her plate twisting the pasta Sarang's mother had brought. She doesn't quite understand herself, especially with Jiyong's answer. Sure, she was up for taking things slow, but now she doesn't quite know if she even believed in herself and her decisions. Damn you hormones!

When everyone was back in their own world, Jiyong looked to his right again and saw how quiet Dara was. He knew exactly what she was thinking, but he didn't dare speak to her about it.

"You okay love?" he reached for her hand entwining his fingers with hers.

"Yea," Dara faintly smiled. "I'm just full from all the good food."

Before Jiyong could reply, a buzzing sound interrupted his thoughts.

"Are you two expecting anymore people?" Mr. Kwon asked confused.

"Everyone is here," Top added making the two question each other.

"I don't have anyone else to invite," Dara said. "Did you invite anyone else?"

"Me? No," Jiyong got up and so did Dara. "Excuse us."

Jiyong quickly opened the door not bothering to check his monitor first as to who it was.

"Good grief what is up with good looking men dragging me to places!" both froze on their spot hearing a familiar voice.

"Nurse Yoo?" Dara uttered her name.

"Jaejoong?" Jiyong remembered his face clearly.

"Jiyong," the guy greeted politely. "Dara..." he turned his eyes towards her and scanned her from head to toe. His eyes then stopped right on her plump belly.

"What a surprise visit," Dara uttered stunned.

"Well it seems like guys love me," Nurse Yoo laughed. "I always end up here."

"Is there anything we can help you two with?" Jiyong ignored Nurse Yoo and looked at Jaejoong directly. He knew they weren't here for a friendly visit and adding Nurse Yoo on the picture didn't help him feel at ease at all.

And what bothered Jiyong more is the fact that the guy was looking at Dara's belly. That was all it takes for him to know why they're here.

"I know this is all so sudden," Jaejoong said. "But is it possible for us to talk?"

"Is everything alright here?" all turned their heads to Mrs. Kwon's voice.

"Hello Mrs. Kwon!" Nurse Yoo happily greeted.

"Nurse Yoo?" Mrs. Kwon looked surprise to see who it was. "Is there something wrong?"

"Omma its okay, I got this," Jiyong still had his gaze at the man in front of him.

"Oh boy," the older lady sighed. "Is this what I think this is?!"

"What do you mean?" Dara looked at the people in front of them and then to her future mother-in-law.

"Jiyong please lead these two in your office please," she ordered.

"Omma," he finally broke his eyes from the guy and turned to his mother. "I'll handle this..."

"For once Jiyong listen to your mother," Mrs. Kwon said. "Come on Dara, let's talk to the guests before we follow them in the office."

"Okay," she whispered and then looked at Jiyong.

"Go on babe, we'll wait for you and omma in the office," Jiyong assured her after all he saw how worried Dara was.

"Okay," Dara nodded before leaving the three.

"Come in," he opened the door wider letting the sudden guests in the house.

A couple of minutes passed, the two ladies had joined a new party. Jiyong stood up from his leather chair and let his mother take the seat. He stood beside his mother along with Dara on his other side holding her tightly. Jaejoong and Nurse Yoo then occupied the two leather seat in front of his desk.

"So like I said earlier," Mrs. Kwon had her superior tone on. "Is there anything we can help you with, Mr. Kim?"

"First of all, it's a pleasure to finally meet you President Kwon," Jaejoong politely greeted her.

"Please, Mrs. Kwon would be fine," she uttered.

"I'm here to discuss about Ms. Dara's baby," he tore his eyes away from Mrs. Kwon and looked up to where Dara was.

"My baby?" Dara mumbled shocked.

"And why are you suddenly interested in my daughter-in-law's child? I don't see any relation of you in her situation or would be your business at all," Mrs. Kwon did not like his choice of topic.

"Actually it is my business," he confidently answered.

"Bull !" Jiyong suddenly shouted.

"Jiyong," his mother sternly called. "Please don't..."

"Omma, I can't just let this guy come in my house and say stuff like that!" his eyes are now burning with anger towards the guy. "And to think he's here talking crap about my child being his business!"

"Jiyong," Dara whispered and at the same time held his arm tightly. "Please calm down... he's here to discuss this with us and we'll let him speak. Right now your anger isn't going to help. Look at me," Dara gently touched the guy's chin. He sighed heavily before turning his face towards the girl. His sudden anger slowly diminish just seeing his fiancé's beautiful face. "Everything will be alright. Let's hear what they have to say first... Okay?"

"Sorry," he nodded.

"I'm guessing Nurse Yoo is here for that, I mean some kind of an evidence," Mrs. Kwon looked at the nervous nurse.

"I..." Nurse Yoo looked at the couple, Mrs. Kwon and then Jaejoong. "I... I don't even know what to say to you guys."

"Are you staking a claim on my child?" Jiyong asked directly. "This is why you're here, isn't it?"

"I'm not staking any claim...yet," Jae answered. "But I'm here to give you guys' a heads up about this."

"About what?" Dara looked at him confused. "Isn't that claiming my child already?"

"What he's trying to say," Nurse Yoo cleared her thoughts and then directly looked at them. "That your child could possibly be his..."

"Wait!" she quickl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter