26. Sarang's Little Secret

Who's the Daddy?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

26. Sarang's Little Secret

------

4 more to go! ^_^v

------

Jiyong stared at Dara dumb struck as he heard clearly what she had just asked. For a minute there, his heart started to beat rapidly and that sound you think you hear when you're in love started to rise. The girl right in front of him started to giggle which formed a confused Kwon. 

"I'm highly offended Jiyong," Dara uttered through her giggles.

"What?" he was able to say. "I'm sorry, I was just taken by surprise."

"It's okay to say no," Dara wiped the rest of her tears from her laughter.

"Oh no babe," Jiyong quickly shook his head. "I didn't mean it that way..."

"Then why haven't you answered my question?" she whispered sadly.

"You know what my answer will be," he smiled. "You just take me by surprise...always. And to answer your very romantic question. Yes, Miss Sandara Park, I will be honored to be your husband and the father of little pommie..."

"Little Pommie?" Dara laughed.

"Hey, pomegranate is mouthful," he winked. "But really Dara, you always surprise me. And I am deeply touched with your proposal."

"It's not as romantic as you'd say it is," she shyly muttered.

"You know, I'm not the romantic material kind of guy," Jiyong smiled. "I like to surprise you in a romantic way, but really Dara I am deeply touched with what you just did. I say that's pretty cheese ball kind of move you got there!"

"You think so?" Dara proudly smiled.

"Oh you bet!" he nodded. "So shall we make a toast?"

"Hmmm..." she agreed. She then took her glass of cranberry juice while Jiyong took his glass of wine bringing it closer together.

"To our future, Mrs. Kwon," Jiyong happily said earning a faint giggle from Dara. "I can't wait to call you my wife, Dara. I really do."

"I can't wait too," Dara happily smiled.

-

 

Next Day...

Bom looked at Dara like her friend was some kind of a lunatic. After hearing Dara's so called good news, the girl was not convinced at all. Or at least she couldn't believe that Dara would do such thing.

"What?" Dara laughed seeing Bom's reaction. "It was a perfect timing!"

"Dara really?" Bom scoffed. "You asked Jiyong to marry you. How is that...perfect? I mean call me the old fashion ahjumma."

"Look unnie, I just felt it," she explained but her unnie wasn't convinced at all. "I mean he said yes, so I should be happy."

"But Dara...what about surprises?" her friend started. "You know him proposing to you in the most romantic way. The whole, he'll kneel on one knee and pop a ring out of nowhere. I mean look at you, you are ringless and then you didn't have a ring to give him."

"That's because guys don't need engagement ring," Dara looked at her friend confused.

"Exactly!" Bom exclaimed. "You should have gotten the proposal, you know the whole ring and proposal in the most romantic place!"

"You don't get it unnie, it was perfect for me," Dara shook her head. "When you feel it, you feel it. And plus, he did ask me to marry him it was just..."

"The dumbest way ever!" Bom finished Dara's sentence. "But I guess if you're ready, then you're ready. And plus you're right. As long as you two are happy together then I can't complain."

"And plus unnie, you're my maid of honor guaranteed!" she smirked earning a happy Bom.

"Now we're talking!" her friend laughed. "But really Dara, don't you want him to propose at least? I mean the proper way..."

"It doesn't matter really," Dara didn't want to think about it after all she's content with what she has done. And she figured there wasn't anything wrong with her proposing. Breaking the so called typical or standard ways of proposing didn't matter to her. However a part of her wondered how it would feel to actually have Jiyong propose instead. "No, it doesn't matter to me unnie, not at all..."

Bom bit her lips stopping herself from saying anything more. She knew Dara had fallen deeply into thoughts about what she said. Even though not every girl have the same preference, she knew Dara and so are other girls out there would want to experience a real proposal.

"Are you okay?" Bom nervously asked.

"Yea, I'm fine," Dara smiled hoping not to show anymore second thoughts. "A-O-kay!"

-

After a few hours, Dara's door bell rang. Both girls quickly went to the screen to check who it was.

"Are you expecting someone?" Bom asked.

"Hmmm not really," Dara answered.

"Unnie?" Bom almost spat the water she was drinking.

"Oh that's right!" Dara laughed remembering something.

"What?" her friend asked.

"Sarang and I have a play date today," Dara quickly brushed the flour off of her hands.

"You and Sarang spending time? I see you're getting ready for motherhood!" Bom teased.

"Oh stop it unnie!" she laughed. "Sarang is a very smart and a good companion. And plus, she needs a real aunt."

"Yah!" Bom faintly smacked Dara's arm. "I am her aunt! It's just that I'm a bit busy."

"Right," Dara rolled her eyes which earned a glare from her friend.

"Where is Jiyong by the way?" she asked.

"At the office," Dara asnwered. "His father asked him to come in for some important meeting."

"And you didn't go?" Bom was rather surprised.

"I wanted to, but Jiyong said it was just him and his father," she explained. "And plus it hard getting around with this belly nowadays."

"Come on let's get Sarang, before she throws her deadly tantrums," Bom uttered hearing the constant doorbell. "Trust me, that's Sarang ringing that damn bell!"

Once the two arrived at the door, both heard a loud grunt.

"Took you two long enough!" Sarang entered the house leaving her mother outside.

"I'm sorry ladies," Sarang's mother shook her head. "She's been dying to come over, but I had to get her stuff ready. I told her to be patient, but you know Sarang."

"Exactly like Bom unnie here," Dara teased earning another faint smack from Bom.

"Strike two Dara," Bom warned.

"I hope she won't be too much trouble for you Dara," Bom's unnie looked at her worried. "I mean Sarang can be a pain in the tush."

"Omma I heard that," Sarang yelled from the other side of the room.

"It's okay unnie," Dara laughed. "I truly enjoy Sarang's company. And plus I promise her we'd bake and play today. And Bom unnie is here."

"Bad news, I'm actually leaving," Bom uttered.

"What? Where are you going?" she asked.

"I have a client to meet, and this one is cranky as hell," her friend uttered.

"But..." Dara watched Bom go back inside. And then she appeared with her purse on her hand.

"So shall we head out unnie?" Bom looked at her sister with a knowing smile.

"Yea," she nodded. "Thank you again Dara, I'll come and pick her up before 8 pm today."

"Don't worry about it unnie," Dara smiled. "Just give me a call or something. No rush!"

"Okay," she nodded. "Sarang, be a good girl okay?"

"Neh omma!" all three heard the little girl's perky voice.

"You two take care okay?" she said earning a smile from the two ladies.

Once Sarang's mother and Bom left, Dara quickly attended the little who's sitting on the couch playing with her doll. She smiled seeing how cute the little girl was.

"So Sarang, what shall we do today?" Dara asked. The little girl looked up with her doe-like eyes making Dara smile again. "Could you help me bake cookies?"

"Hmmm..." she nodded excitedly.

Dara extended her hand out which Sarang gladly took. And once Dara had settled the girl on the stool securely she then went back to what she was doing. Dara would smile seeing the little girl's curious face. And whenever she would sprinkle chocolate chips in the batter she would her lips.

"You want some chocolate chips?" Dara offered. The girl's eyes lit up making Dara chuckle. "So after baking what do you want to do next?"

"Pretty unnie, you know what time it is?" she asked. Dara was confused at first after all the girl was already asking for time. She then looked at the clock and saw it was only 3.

"It's 3PM," Dara answered. "And why are you curious about the time?"

"Can we go to the park at 6pm?" Sarang asked. "Omma said that's when the sun is about to go down."

"You mean set?" she corrected the little girl.

"Same thing," she shrugged. "But can we unnie?"

"Of course! We can eat dinner then we can go to the park after," Dara said earning a smile from her.

"Is ahjussi coming?" she asked making Dara shrug this time.

"He's in a meeting with his father right now," Dara replied. "I don't know what time he'll come home."

"Oh," Sarang looked around the house. "Ahjussi must be rich."

"He is," she laughed.

"Hmmm..." she carefully ate her chocolate chips.

"How about you stay put there while I call ahjussi," Dara smiled. "Let me check on him."

"Neh," Sarang nodded.

Dara grabbed her phone and quickly dialed Jiyong's number.

"Hello?" she spoke first hearing the other line click.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter