24. Kim Jaejoong

Who's the Daddy?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

24. Kim Jaejoong

-----

Ever since they have arrived at work, Dara knew something was bothering Jiyong. When she woke up early this morning, the guy was already up which she found unusual after all she's always been the first one to wake up. And during their breakfast, Jiyong was rather quiet which she found odd.

 

Jiyong was never silent during breakfast which Dara would have enjoyed.

 

But somehow this bothered her this time.

 

She doesn't quite know how to approach the guy since she's unsure of what to say or ask.

 

Did I hurt his feelings yesterday? I mean with rejecting his marriage proposal? You have to admit that was a low blow for me too. I mean he only proposed because of our little bet. I should be mad or at least bothered right? But he did apologized.

 

When the guy let out a deep sigh, Dara snapped back to reality. And as she looked up she met Jiyong's gaze.

 

"Is something bothering you?" she asked making the guy shake his head. "Oh come on Jiyong, tell me. You can always tell me."

 

"Nothing," he stood up. "I'll be right back."

 

"Wait..." Dara called, but the guy was already out the door. "What the hell did I do now?"

-

 

When he received a reply from the person he was waiting for, he quickly stopped working to attend this important person. Ever since he saw the paper last night from Dara's files, it bothered him that he didn't slept well. He was rather surprised that Dara didn't notice the panda eyes he was sporting as of right now.

 

Once he arrived at the right floor, he didn't think twice of walking faster. He needed answers or else he'll forever go nuts about the ideas running inside his head.

 

He didn't want to think about the posibility of him being not the father of little pomegranate. But what he saw last night had surely got in his head.

 

"Oh Jiyong-ah," he looked to his left and found the old man.

 

"Is she here Secretary Kim?" he asked earning a nod from the guy.

 

"Go on in, your mother is expecting you," Secretary Kim uttered.

 

"Thanks," Jiyong faintly smiled at the old man before entering.

 

"Now what's with his mood swings?" the old man asked himself.

 

Once he was inside his mother's office, he quickly shut the door close. The lady looked up from her computer screen and saw a distraught man in front of her.

 

"What happened to you?" Mrs. Kwon surely noticed the dark circles around her son's eyes.

 

"Omma," he sighed which surprised the old lady.

 

"Come here and have a seat," she said. "You are scaring me. Now tell me what's bothering you?"

 

"It's Dara," Jiyong frowned. "Last night..."

 

"What did you do now?" his mother asked which surprised the guy seeing how his mother's mood turned 360 degrees.

 

"Omma, I'm your son," he muttered stunned. "Shouldn't you be more concerned for my being?"

 

"Jiyong, what the hell did you do?" she ignored Jiyong's dramatic reply. "You wouldn't look like crap if you didn't do anything stupid."

 

"First of all omma," Jiyong sternly murmured. "I didn't do anything. I actually apologized to Dara. You know when I asked her to marry me then threw the whole bet thing. She forgave me," he quickly said seeing his mother's angered face. "Don't get angry at me now, you should be concerned with what I'm about to tell you."

 

"Then quit stalling Jiyong," Mrs. Kwon shook her head. "I don't have all day to listen to you whine like a girl. Now tell me the real point of your sudden visit in my office. I'm really tired from my sudden trip in Japan yesterday and you being whiny is annoying me."

 

"Wow!" he looked at his mother shocked. "I feel soooooo special omma."

 

"Cut the crap and say it son," Jiyong knew his mother was getting annoyed.

 

"If I know you're still in your menopause stage," Jiyong whispered which his mother clearly heard.

 

"," his mother cursed and at the same time threw her pen right across her son.

 

"Ouch!" he rubbed the pained part of his head. "Why are you women so violent around me?!"

 

"Really Jiyong spill it before I actually call for security so they can throw you out of my office," Mrs. Kwon exclaimed.

 

"Gee omma thanks," he said rolling his eyes. But seeing the heavy glare on his mother's eyes he quickly went to the point. "Okay okay...so anyway... back to my real point. This," he pointed at his dark circles. "Were from the lack of sleep. Why do I lack sleep you ask?"

 

...

 

"Okay so you're not asking me," Jiyong saw how his mother is not following his joke so instead of continuing he just went to the point. "Last night, before we meaning Dara and I went to bed."

 

"Son I don't want to know what happened inside your bedroom..." Mrs. Kwon said.

 

"Yah! I didn't mean anything by that!" Jiyong looked at his mother offended. "You have a dirty mind mother!"

 

"You want another pen flying right at you?" she threatened which made the guy alert.

 

"Anyway..." he decided to ignore his mother's threats. "And we were reviewing the Busan deal, and Dara dug into her stuff that had the files from our mini trip to Busan.... and when I attended her she looked surprised or she panicked."

 

"Why?" his mother was now curious.

 

"She had this file in her hand which she quickly closed and then she shoved it carelessly back in the box," he explained exactly what he saw. "And omma you should have seen the fear in her eyes."

 

"What did you do then?" Mrs. Kwon asked.

 

"Well when she was asleep," he sighed. "I couldn't fall asleep. I kept looking at my closet which where Dara's stuff are located. I keep getting lured in...like its pulling me to go in and dig in Dara's stuff. At first I didn't want to do it, since its Dara's stuff. I mean I don't want her to get an idea that I'm snooping, but really I am."

 

"No kidding," his mother whispered.

 

"Omma," Jiyong looked at his mother offended.

 

"So what did you see, when you snooped right in her stuff?" she wondered.

 

"Dara's files from the bank," he murmured which his mother heard clearly.

 

"What?" Mrs. Kwon wanted to laugh. "I have Dara's files."

 

"Not that file," Jiyong said. "I meant the file she had before going in for the procedure. You know the paper work they do ahead of time before they do the actual procedure. Also, in her file there was this piece of information which tells Dara the donor's number and such. And it listed in the document about this donor's profile such as body features, personalities, and such."

 

"What did you read on this document?" the old lady asked.

 

"It was not what I had put on my profile," Jiyong exclaimed. "You saw my profile omma, I'm not 5 feet and 11 inches nor do I weigh 65kg. I don't own a business, I'll inherit one someday, but its not mine at the moment. And most of all, I'm not 30 years old. Also, I don't have a big tatoo on my back. I have a few all over my body but they're all small and you can actually see them on me."

 

"Okay... so you saw a donor's document in Dara's file?" she asked hoping to clarify what Jiyong has been whining about.

 

"Yes," he nodded. "Omma how sure are you that what you have is accurate? I mean I'm not doubting that the baby Dara is carrying is mine. I know it has to be mine."

 

"Then why is this piece of document bothering you?" his mother spat. "What hell is the point of you coming here in my office to whine if you don't have doubts about it."

 

"Omma, I'm just being realistic here," he explained. "I mean who is this guy in Dara's profile...was he the original? I mean Nurse Yoo works at the bank so how sure are we that what you have meaning the documents are accurate? I mean let's be honest, that nurse is a bit cuckoo."

 

"She can be a bit clumsy..." she uttered unsure.

 

"A bit omma? Try really clumsy... that girl is a disaster even from a far," Jiyong sternly said.

 

"Okay...okay so this is bugging you because the information I have doesn't match on what Dara has...right?" she asked earning a nod from her son. "Look son, I rather believe the documents I have than actually believe in what Dara have."

 

"Why? I mean..." he looked at her confused.

 

"Its plain and simple," Mrs. Kwon looked at him intently. "Obviously, Nurse Yoo would be more cautious and alert during the process of the procedure. Sure, Dara could have picked that donor you saw in that file, but according to the final paper which happen to be what I have in hand said it matches yours. The documents I have surely doesn't lie. It's the final piece of the paper which happens to go through the doctor. Dr. Kang was present during the procedure obviously, which means he has to check and approve the stuff Nurse Yoo had done."

 

"It's not making any sense. How is that supposed to make me feel at ease?" Jiyong looked at her dumbfounded.

 

"Son, I know you have a high IQ, but for the first time I think I might have to doubt that," his mother sighed.

 

"Hey!" Jiyong surely felt offended this time.

 

"Look son, maybe there was an accident during the procedure," his mother had to explain. "Maybe what Dara has in her file that you happen to see was who she was intending to get. You know the guy's donation, but then Nurse Yoo happened to be the assistant nurse during the procedure. Now what are the odds of having Nurse Yoo do all the prep? Most likely she did them all. I mean that's what they are trained to do."

 

"Okay?" he nodded following his mother's explaination.

 

"So let's say," Mrs. Kwon went on. "Nurse Yoo was also in charge of getting the , and what do you know the clumsy nurse had chosen someone else's donation."

 

"Oh so you mean... wait how?" the lady had to cover her face to avoid showing her son her angered face. Her patience with him is surely running low.

 

"You said it yourself son," she looked at Jiyong in the eyes. "That Nurse Yoo is a disaster from a far. What if she did made a mistake by choosing your donation rather than the donor she was expecting. Gets? No? Yes?"

 

Jiyong scratched his head at the same time he thought about what his mother had said.

 

"OH!" Jiyong's eyes widen as things cleared out. "You mean... I wasn't Dara's first choice, but due to Nurse Yoo's ability to mess things up, I was chosen!"

 

"Oh thank goodness," Mrs. Kwon was ready to hit her head on her desk if her son didn't get her whole point.

 

"Wow! Now that's faith right there!" he uttered.

 

"Look son, if one day you'd doubt again," his mother looked at him seriously. "We can do DNA test. If that will put you at ease later on."

 

"No need omma," Jiyong stood up smiling. "I believe in faith than that piece of paper. I guess you can say it's just one those dumb kind of moments for me."

 

"I hope so," she said. "But keep what I said in mi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter