2. Coincidence, Destiny or Just Plain Accident

Who's the Daddy?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2. Coincidence, Destiny or Just Plain Accident

A/N: Excuse my lame title with a lame update with it! I have no idea what to name this chapter. LOL so here we go!

---------

Dara squirmed in pain as the lady below her, torture her to death. From every forced ripped of the wax paper on her legs, reminded her how painful today was going to be for her. Bom's soft giggles could make her erupt at any moment, but remembering how this is the last of many Bom's forced dates and such got her calmed. Or so she tried to be calm.

"And the last one," the lady said ripping the last wax paper off of her leg. Dara tightly gripped on the massage chair handles trying not to utter her pain. And surely, Bom's soon laughing face didn't make her feel any better. Once the lady was gone, Dara quickly gathered her legs and investigated it. She grimaced seeing how red it was.

"It's going to be okay Dara," Bom uttered. "It's just temporary, the redness will be gone later."

"You find this funny don't you?" she turned to her friend who had that knowing smile. Even though Dara wants to get mad at Bom, she couldn't after all Bom is the only one who had stood beside her from the times she needed someone.

"No, although I find it amusing how you've never had your legs waxed," she cocked her head to look at Dara carefully.

"And why is that amusing?" Dara asked.

"Well, most girls gets their legs waxed or shave," Bom said in a matter of fact tone.

"Well, I'm not most of those girls," she tried soothing her pained legs. "And I don't need to make my legs look pretty. If the guy likes me, then he likes me. Not my legs."

"You are unbelievable!" Bom wanted to laugh but she decided to held it in. She still had hopes that through this last date, or speed date to be specific will get her someone. And yes, she still want Dara to hold on this sudden baby ideas.

"I know that look unnie," Dara shook her head. "And don't get your hopes up!"

"Party pooper!" Bom smirked. "You might eat your words."

"Sure I will," Dara rolled her eyes. "But unnie, last night I reviewed the profiles I chose from the bank and I think I found the one! I mean I reviewed it over and over and I think I found what I am looking for."

"Can't you at least give it a time?" her playful face turned serious. "I mean Dara, this is serious talking now. It's more than marriage on the line. It's a ing baby!"

"Unnie, you know when I make decisions it will be final," she said making Bom shake her head in disbelief. "I just don't need what many girls need to survive this world which by the way means a man. I only need what makes me happy and that's a baby."

"Dara have you considered the future of this baby will be?" Bom asked trying to study her reaction. "I mean what if one day, this child will say, Omma where is appa? Is appa coming home?"

"I can say appa is dead," Dara shrugged.

"Lies, that's how you'll raise your child?" her eyebrow rose up looking at Dara surprised. "You'll let your child live in a lie. What if one day comes and this child know where he or she came from? Don't you think its a little bit selfish to lie to someone you love?"

"Then I'll tell him or her the truth," she spoke as if it's nothing. "Once he or she is in the right age, then I'll tell him or her the truth. Simple as that! I just want to make this child happy."

"Whatever," Bom sighed knowing she can never win this one. Actually in decision making, Bom never wins. What Dara settles with, she goes with it. She never backs out in any of her decision even if some were a disaster.

But she can't blame Dara, after all she's quite known for risking everything.

"So what's next?" Dara asked hoping Bom would stop asking her to think about this whole baby thing again.

"Manicure and pedicure," Bom said.

"Ugh!" she leaned back on her chair and closed her eyes. At this moment she just wanted to be home and look at the profile she had chosen. She smiled remembering the guy's characteristics. He was tall, around 6 feet, a man set on buisiness and travels at the same time. He was said to graduate in a prestigious school with honors and was recognized for his achievement.

The extra information on the profile got her the most since this guy mainly talks about how fair skin he was with natural dark brown hair color.

And most of all, the personalities he came with. He was funny, kind, humble and most of all loving.

Even though the thought of why he donated a part of him struck in Dara's mind, but she chose to ignore it.

After all that didn't matter to her.

It's the baby she's after.

-

Jiyong tried not to run, but he was running late. Most appointments he has doesn't matter to him. For him, he can be late as he wanted to be in those kind of meeting, but this one he can't afford to be late. He checked his watched and saw that it was ten minutes after 12. The restaurant was already packed as people try to eat their quick lunch before returning to work.

"I'm sorry I'm late," Jiyong tried not to breath hard, but he literally ran. He blamed the parking lot, since it was packed. Lunch time he figured.

"I'm not surprise Jiyong," she looked at him seriously before letting a smile.

"Omma really?" Jiyong sat down across from her and took a sip of the ice cold water. "It's good to see you too."

He's aware of what this meeting will be since it's rare for his mother to contact him so sudden. Her mother and father are busy people and to get a sudden call wanting to meet for lunch or dinner is a rare thing.

And most of all it must be important.

However Jiyong knows it already what this will be since it's been repeated kind of appointment with his mother.

"I already ordered for you," she uttered looking at him softly.

"Thank you," he smiled. "So what is it today omma? Is it about the business? Marriage? What is it?"

"You sure never changed son," she let out a soft laugh. "Can't I meet you for another reason?"

"That I will be surprise of, but really mother what is it?" he smirked making his mother shake her head. "I know you too well omma and there's no way this will be just a simple lunch."

"You know what I'm always reminding you Jiyong," Mrs. Kwon gracefully took the glass of water and took a small sip.

"Yes, omma I think I still remember the exact word from our last lunch date," he chuckled.

"I just worry for you Ji," she started her motherly speech. "And you do know that your father and I aren't getting any younger. At some point someone will take over the business."

"Then have Dami noona take it," Jiyong suggested.

"She's already married and they have a child already," his mother sighed once again. "And she's well taken care of."

"And?" Jiyong looked at her curiously.

"You know what I mean by that Jiyong," both ignored the server who just brought their food. "By now, you have the idea of who's taking over the business. And no, we don't go by the whole rich parents who decides who our son will marry we'll leave that to you. But you do know that, the business will be on your name."

"Omma please," Jiyong shut his eyes for a moment.

"Jiyong, you can't always dodge this topic," Mrs. Kwon looked at him seriously. "We want what's best for you and your future and of course for this company. Let's be honest Jiyong, nothing big has been happening in your modeling life. Sure, you get a few gigs here and there, but that won't be enough once you meet the one."

"See omma that's the thing," Jiyong leaned back on his chair and looked at his mother. "I don't want to get married. That is way far from my plans in the future. I am good as to where I am right now. And this whole business thing, why not choose someone from the board? One of them has to have a better way of handling father's business than I can do. You know from the very beginning my life was set into something else and not this business."

"Why you? Let's be honest Jiyong you have great potential in the business," she said confidently. "I saw how greatly you've done throughout your college years. What's the point of taking business when you're not going to use what you  graduated with? And we're not just going to hand all of our hardwork to someone who didn't shed as much blood, tears and sweat as we did. This business is the fruit of our hardwork and we're only giving it to those who deserves it. Just give it a chance son."

"And, someday a girl will walk in your life," she smiled. "Then her future with you will only matter."

"Ugh, you make me want to puke omma," Jiyong shook his head.

"But let's get serious Jiyong," her mother laughed. "When are you going to introduce a girl to us? You aren't getting any younger."

"Thanks for the reminder omma," Jiyong rolled his eyes. "You do know I don't do commitments. And I doubt that day will ever come."

"You know, your father was just like that," Mrs, Kwon's eyes sparkled as she reminisce. "Before I had met him, he kept on telling me that he'll never fall in love and there's no way he'll live a family life. He went on about believing a single life is the best. But guess what...?"

"You walked in his life and everything had turned around in his life blah blah blah," Jiyong wanted to choke at his food.

"You are so insensitive!" his mother shook her head. "Just like your father! But let's get serious here, one day Jiyong she'll come and I hope you'll be prepared."

"Omma, don't put too much hope into it okay?" he looked at her smiling.

"Oh I hope you'll hit your head someday and realize how hard it is to be alone," she challenged him.

"Want to bet on it?" Jiyong smirked.

"You know, I barely gamble, but I will on this," she returned a smirk as well.

"So what will it be?" he gave his mother the chance to set it.

Mrs. Kwon took a few minutes to think before opening again, "One day you'll find the one and you will fall in love right away. Of course if I win, you'll take over the company and if I lose then you're off the hook."

"That's easy!" Jiyong laughed. "You'll lose omma!"

"Don't be too confident son," her mother let a smugged smile. "I have the mother instinct in me and I can tell it's coming."

"Oh really?" he wanted to laugh some more.

"Oh yea, by next year you'll meet her," Mrs. Kwon went on. "And you'll even introduced her to us right away!"

"So by next year?" Jiyong repeated making her nod. "I guess this deal has an expiration date?"

"Yes," she smiled. "I think I know you too well."

"And I know myself too well too," he flashed his confident smile.

-

Dara looked at herself in front of the mirror. She tried pulling the dress she had on, but it only rose back up from its original spot. Her face turned from annoyed to sour realizing how dolled up she is. Just as what she thought, she was all Barbie-fied.

"Unnie, can this dress get any higher?" Dara complained making the girl smile. "I mean my legs are like well exposed on this!"

"Well that's the point of the dress!" Bom laughed. "And that's the reason why you got your legs waxed. I mean what's the reason for waxing if you don't flaunt the legs?"

"But unnie, it's not just this part," she pointed at the lower part of her legs. "What about my thighs?"

"You'll get over it!" she laughed even more. "We have no time to change! So let's get going!"

"But unnie~~~~" Dara whined, but the older girl could only smile. She then pulled Dara off the mirror dragging her out of her room.

"Your bag!" Bom exclaimed grabbing her bag. "Let's get this night started!"

.

Jiyong looked around the place and sighed realizing what his Top hyung had pulled him to. And when it came to girls, he never backs out, but realizing where he was there was no way he'll get something he needed. 

"Hyung speed dating?" Jiyong looked at Top strangely.

The older guy chuckled seeing that his friend is not amused, "I told you the other night, it was speed dating!"

"But come on!" he looked around and found mostly plain girls. No one had captured his eyes and now seeing the place there was no way he'll find someone to have a one night stand. "How can I hook up with someone if this place are for desperate people looking for someone!"

"Relax Ji!" Top laughed. "Not everyone here are that desperate! And how dare you! Do you think I'm that desperate?"

"Oh come one hyung," Jiyong looked at him teasingly. "When was the last time you got laid?"

"Yah! Me getting laid is none of your business Mr. machine! Fifteen in a month? What a bunch of bull right there!" he tried not to lose on Jiyong after all his friend would always bringing his ego down. "I bet you'd meet someone here tonight and you'd go gaga over her!"

"Me? As in Kwon Jiyong would go gaga over a girl?" the guy laughed this time. "Hyung, i think you don't know me! And plus I already have someone that had bet me over that!"

"Really?" Top smirked.

"Really!" Jiyong shook his head. "Can you believe my mother? She made a bet with me! She thinks I'll fall in love and have a family. I told her not to be too hopeful about it, but no. She wanted to bet on it! If I know you and my mother can be mother-son tandem!"

"Maybe!" Top's smirk grew bigger remembering something.

[Flashback]

Top coolly walked inside the said restaurant and smiled seeing the woman he was suppose to meet. The lady returned his smile and offered him the seat.

"Was someone with you Aunty?" Top asked making the lady laughed.

"Yes, Jiyong was just here, but he left already," Mrs. Kwon answered.

"So what is it you wanted to meet about?" he asked making the lady smile devilishly. "Why am I sensing something in that smile of yours?"

"Oh Seunghyun you know me too well!" she softly laughed again.

"Name it Aunty!" Top leaned back on his chair and looked at the lady like they're exchanging business or something.

"I just need you to get Jiyong to date," she said making Top choke on his own saliva. "I need you to expose him to as many girls as you  can."

"But he expose himself to pretty much anyone," he uttered making himself laugh. "I mean literally expose! And next thing you know, a girl could be carrying his child."

"What do you mean?" she asked making Top stunned. He didn't realize he just told Mrs. Kwon about that.

"Ummm...Nothing aunty!" the guy nervously laughed.

"Did my son got someone knocked up?" Mrs. Kwon asked surprised. Top coughed louder as their conversation got more and more awkward.

"Oh no! I mean no...well not really knocked up. And where did you learn that word aunty?" Top asked surprised with Mrs. Kwon's words.

"Oh nevermind my choice of words!" she tried ignoring Top's sudden change of topic. "What do you mean about Jiyong and someone getting pregnant? How can a girl be pregnant without Jiyong... Oh god this is getting more awkward."

"It is," Top got the glass of water and sipped it quickly hoping to ease his sudden dry throat. "And about that, Jiyong and I had a bet a few nights ago and he lost badly. And I'm sorry aunty, but I made Jiyong donate a part of him."

"A part of him? Like what?" Jiyong's mother asked making Top blush.

"Well, I brought him to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter