19. The First Family Night

Who's the Daddy?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

19. The First Family Night

------

A/N: Another long chapter! Be warned! LOL Hopefully it doesn't put you readers to sleep lol. Enjoy! :)

------

Jiyong groaned as he felt someone pulling his arm. He tried to tuck his arms inside his blanket, but the constant tugging kept on going.

"Come on Jiyong," he heard her voice. He quickly opened one of his eyes and there he found Dara looking at him annoyed.

"What?" Jiyong groaned. "It's Saturday..."

"I know what day it is," Dara rolled her eyes. "Now get up! We have to go to the wet market and grocery store!"

"Ugh! What for?" he sat up and rubbed his eyes like a child who just woke up.

"We have dinner to prepare," she explained. "If you forgot, your parents are coming over later tonight."

"This is why I don't invite my parents," Jiyong closed his eyes momentarily to think.

"And that's why your mother doesn't leave you alone," Dara spat back. "Now stop complaining! Get up! If you don't, then I'd gladly go on my own."

"You wouldn't..." he glared.

"Try me!" Dara challenged. The guy kept his eyes on the girl as he moved out of the bed. Slowly, he made his way to the bathroom, yet his eyes remained on the girl's eyes.

"What?" Dara wanted to laugh seeing the guy's threatening eyes.

"Don't you dare move from your spot," Jiyong warned. "I'll be ready in fifteen..."

"Okay," she then glanced at her watch and this was the guy's cue to get ready.

-

As the two arrived at the wet market, Dara can't help but smile seeing Jiyong's face. The guy was rather amazed to see such place. 

"Why are we grocery shopping here?" he asked still looking around the busy market.

"Well, I was thinking we can grill meat and seafood during dinner. They have very fresh seafood for a good price here too! It'll be a good way to you know eat and talk at the same time," Dara suggested. "Traditional Korean food is really the best for family gathering. Do you think your parents would like that? Or would they prefer more of international cuisine? Are they the type where they like to eat in silence?"

"They're not picky Dara," Jiyong softly laughed at Dara's worries. "Whatever you'll make, they will for sure like it. And no...they're not into the silent type of dinner, especially my mother. When I eat dinner with them my mother never, I mean never stops talking. So be ready for her nonstop chatter tonight!"

"I don't know, I'm just nervous," she looked around trying to find the right ingredients for her plans.

"What dishes are you planning on making anyways?" he stopped her.

"Well," Dara looked into Jiyong's eyes. "I was thinking of making japchae, also we can do samgyeopsal it's good when we have guests to do that," she explained. "Of course we can't miss bulgogi, maybe a few kimbap on the side and then some kind of soup...I haven't really thought what kind to make yet."

"Whoa are you feeding the whole nation?" he was rather surprise to hear Dara's agenda. "And can you really whip all those up? I don't want you to tire yourself."

"Of course I can!" Dara giggled. "I invited Bom unnie and Top so the more the merrier."

"Great!" Jiyong uttered sarcastically.

"Oh lighten up!" he jokingly nudged the guy. "Ooooh and there's also this ahjumma here who sell the most delicious kimchi ever! So it'll be perfect for one of the side dishes we'll have!"

"So what are we waiting for?" Jiyong asked excited as well to shop.

After a few minutes, Dara was on her motherly role. Jiyong kept insisting buying things they didn't need. People around them found the two amusing as they shop together.

"Babe, this is good!" he said pointing at samples.

"We don't need that!" Dara exclaimed. "Jiyong come on! We have to get the meat and seafood."

"Wait..." the ahjumma at the booth was rather annoyed as Jiyong hogs the space eating pretty much all the sample. "You have to try this!"

"No!" she shook her head. "Come on Jiyong!"

Jiyong looked at the ahjumma apologetically before leaving.

"You're no fun!" he muttered. "I wasn't done tasting all the samples."

"The ahjumma was looking deadly glaring at you," Dara retorted. "You should have seen the scary glare in her eyes. I thought she was ready to cook you and have you as her sample."

"Pffftt.. I bet ahjumma was overwhelmed seeing such handsome man!" he beamed proudly.

"Ugh!" Dara groaned. "I want to vomit blood!"

"Yah!" Jiyong looked at her offended. "You fell in love for this handsome man."

"Oh god!" Dara laughed.

"Young man!" both turned hearing a man call. They looked at the ahjussi who was standing right in front of his booth smiling widely at them.

"Look Jiyong! Seafood!" Dara exclaimed excitedly as she sees what she has been looking for. "Come on!"

"Hello young lady," the ahjussi said earning a nod and smile from Dara. "What can I help you with?"

"I'm looking for something good to grill for dinner ahjussi," she said. "I'll look around for now."

"Go on right ahead young lady," the old man smiled. "You there young man! How are you doing?"

"I'm good sir," Jiyong smiled. "Just here to accompany my lady love."

"Oh young love!" the man laughed. "I remember when I was young and in love!"

Jiyong nodded hearing the man recall his love life back in the days.

"So..." the old man looked at Jiyong weirdly.

"So...?" Jiyong repeated earning a wink from the man which Jiyong found creepy.

"Jiyong," Dara broke Jiyong's gaze from the old man. "I was thinking of getting some shrimps, clams and squid. I think it'll be good for grilling something easy."

"Sure," he nodded agreeing.

"Ahjussi can you give us three pounds each of shrimp, clams and squids," Dara said earning a smile from the guy.

"You there young man," the old man started. "You look tired."

"Oh... well... work is very stressful sir," he answered. He found it weird how the man would say such thing. "It's the usual work, home, rest and then it repeats itself."

"He's been working hard ahjussi," Dara giggled.

"You know," he beamed. "There's a way to boost your stamina..."

"Oh..." the girl next to Jiyong grew curious.

"Yes," the man laughed. "Did you know by eating live small size octupus or also known as sannakji can boost your stamina. It's great for you know what."

"For what?" Jiyong sure didn't get what the man meant.

"For making love, you young fool!" the man chuckled. "To have a lady like yours should be treated well."

Dara blushed hearing what the ahjussi had just said while Jiyong stiffened, shock to what he just heard.

"You know by eating live, fresh octupus," he explained. "It helps you boost that stamina of yours. I mean based on experience from the past," he winked. And at that moment Dara wanted to vomit while Jiyong wanted to slap himself hoping to wake up in a nightmare. "Even the studies shows that octupus is a good aphrodisiac so making love shouldn't be a problem. You two are too young to look tired! So give it a shot young man!"

"Uh," Jiyong looked at Dara. He saw how the girl is trying so hard not to laugh. "I don't think..."

"I'll give you a sample," the ahjussi captured one of the swimming small octupus out of the tank expertly. He then extended his hand towards Jiyong hoping that he'd take it.

"Come on honey," Dara teased.

"Listen to your lady love," the man insisted. "You two will be on it all night."

Dara covered trying so hard not to laugh. She found Jiyong's reaction so funny that she can't help but tease the guy more.

"Come on honey," Dara went on and this time Jiyong glared at her.

"But that thing is alive," Jiyong looked at the slimy things who's trying to get away from the man's deadly grip. "And...and... that will get stuck in my throat. I'll choke to death!"

"No it won't!" the old man insisted. "That's why you chew it slowly."

"And its legs! Those the life out of you!" he complained. "See!" he pointed as the octupus's legs hard on the man's fingers. "It's your fingers!"

"Oh grow some balls," the ahjussi laughed. "It's no harm! It's not like I'm feeding you a mother octupus!"

As Dara's laugh erupted, Jiyong turned and glared at her.

"Don't laugh at this!" he murmured threateningly. "If I do eat this, you better be ready!"

And as Dara heard this, she quickly shut herself and looked at Jiyong scared.

"You're kidding right?" Dara whispered.

"Oh I'm not kidding right now," Jiyong gave her a hard look like he's dead serious as he  can be. "This thing he's trying to feed me, is rich in aphrodisiac and that's not good...well it is, but I don't think you're ready for it."

Dara gulped slowly and at the same time tried to let everything sink it. She wasn't ready and seeing the hard look on Jiyong's face sure had put her in such awkward position.

"He's allergic to that ahjussi," Dara intercepted making the smile on the man's face fall. "And plus, he's tired because he's been taking care of me. You see we're expecting," Dara flashed her tiny bump at the old man.

"Oh," ahjussi uttered. "Well congratulations you two," he smiled again. "Too bad, it still is a good food for you young man. Now that your lady love here is expecting, it would help you more. But we do have other food you can surely try and they're not seafood."

"Actually we're in a rush!" Dara had beaten Jiyong from speaking. She was about to pull some money from her bag, when Jiyong had given the man money.

"Keep the change sir," Jiyong smiled. "I'll try to remember your suggestion."

"Oh good!" the ahjussi laughed. "Here yah go then," he handed Jiyong the bag of freshyly bought seafood. "Have a very good dinner then."

After bidding goodbye to ahjussi, they quickly left the wet market. The two were laughing so hard as they arrived in Jiyong's car. 

"What the hell happened there?" Jiyong uttered through his laughs.

"I don't know, but boy ahjussi was on a roll!" Dara laughed some more.

"But on the other hand," he turned his gaze towards his lady love.

"Don't," she glared at him.

"I'm just teasing!" he chuckled, but the girl didn't erase the glare in her eyes. "Okay...off to the grocery store."

----

As the two arrived at the grocery store, Jiyong quickly grabbed a cart while the girl looked at her list of things to buy. First stop was fruits and vegetables. The two looked so cute in their comfortable outfits like any couple would wear when they go shopping.  

"We need onions," Dara began to recite her list. "Also tomatoes, and garlic... You should stock up your fridge with healthy stuff Jiyong."

"You mean our fridge," Jiyong teased earning a glare from the girl. "My house is your house. Or in Spanish mi casa es tu casa!"

"Whatever," Dara started to fill the cart with the things she needed. "We also need proper drinks," she turned to Jiyong and looked at him knowingly. "Healthy drink that is."

"I do have something healthy," Jiyong stated proudly. "Soju are somewhat healthy!"

As they passed the fruits, Jiyong's eyes sparkled seeing such huge, round, bright green thing, and as he was about to grab it, Dara's hand quickly slapped his hand stopping him. 

"No," Dara shook her head earning a frown on Jiyong's lips.

"Whhyyyyy? They're healthy!" he whined like a child.

"It's just sweetened water!" she spat. "Put it back! And plus we don't need to get a big one, who'll eat that all?"

"I can," Jiyong looked at the watermelon sadly.

"Moving on," Dara walked ahead and Jiyong decided to slip the watermelon back in the cart.

"I want this and I'll buy it," Jiyong murmured. "You don't want it, well I do..."

"Did you say something?" Dara turned around and the guy just smiled.

After their trip to the fruits and vegetables, they quickly scanned each aisles hoping not to miss any ingredients Dara had on her lists. Dara constantly scolded Jiyong as he would grab food from shelves after shelves.

"No Jiyong!" Dara grabbed the food that Jiyong had on his hands.

"Come on Dara!" Jiyong complained. "They're good!"

"And not healthy!" she replied. "Jiyong no!"

Dara followed the guy who's grabbing a bunch of  bag of chips and boxes of cookies.

"Stop!" Dara blocked the guy's way. "We are buying what we need for tonight Jiyong! And we're eating the healthy way!"

"Dara...please just let me buy the cookies," Jiyong begged. "I've been craving for these white, chocolate, macadamian cookies! So pleeeeeeeeeease mommy just this one!"

Dara turned and looked at the cookies, and somehow a part of her suddenly wanted it. You too baby? You want these? Dara sighed and slowly grabbed a box. She then turned and there the guy's face lit up seeing what was on Dara's hand. "Just one box okay?" Dara said and Jiyong just nodded like a kid who's about to be rewarded.

A few minutes passed, the two filled their carts more than what they thought they'd buy. Dara could only shake her head seeing what Jiyong had bought. And it was all too late for them to bring it back. She didn't want to embarrass themselves by telling the cashier they don't want it when they can surely afford it.

"No worry baby," Jiyong whipped his wallet out taking his black card. "I got this! What my baby wants, my baby gets!"

-

"Can we stop at a flower shop?" Dara ask

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter