15. Dysfunctional

Who's the Daddy?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

15. Dysfunctional

-----

A/N: Spoiling my dear readers! Have a good weekend everyone! ^_^v

-----

 

Jiyong glanced at his watch for the nth time wondering what time Dara would come out. He remembered that today was her doctor's appointment and as much as he wants to give her privacy and space, he couldn't. Somehow something in him convinced him to take her.

 

A part of him wanted to take good care of Dara.

 

And as the door in her building opened, he looked up and saw Dara coming down the stairs. His lips spread into a huge smile seeing her all set. On the other hand, Dara's excited face fell seeing who it was standing in front of her.

 

"Good morning," Jiyong exclaimed.

 

"What's so good about the morning?!" Dara spat making the guy smile. "What are you doing here?"

 

"I'm here to take you to your appointment," he said excitedly.

 

"Jiyong, you don't have to do this," she tried to walk pass the guy but Jiyong stood still blocking her.

 

"Please Dara," Jiyong looked deeply in her eyes. "I know I've messed up, but let me make it right. Give me another chance."

 

"Do you hear yourself?" she asked making the guy nod. "This is not something we can just go back to and say it's okay. Jiyong I'm pregnant."

 

"I know," he nodded. "And I accept that."

 

"Look Jiyong, why don't you think carefully about this," Dara said. "I have a huge resposibility ahead of me and you can't just come in and..."

 

"And what?" Jiyong asked beating her to it.

 

"God Jiyong!" Dara wanted to throw a fit right there since the guy was making it hard for her. "You are so frustrating!"

 

"Dara, just give me a chance," he said again. "Let me correct my mistakes. And let me help you. You said it yourself, you have a huge responsibility ahead of you and I'm willing to help you. Let me be a part of it."

 

"Let's just go," Dara ignored Jiyong's words or so she tried to. The guy opened the passenger door and she willing climbed in. The smile on Jiyong's face grew knowing the girl had given him a chance.

 

.

 

Once they arrived at the hospital, Jiyong can't seem to stay still. He was excited for some odd reason. His friends especially his guy friends had told him how excited they get whenever they go to the hospital for their wife's appointment. Even just from looking at an ultrasound machine they could already feel the connection with the baby.

 

Dara looked at her side and saw Jiyong fidgeting. The parenting magazine he was looking at ealier was on his lap and long forgotten.

 

"Are you okay?" Dara asked.

 

"I know you'd find this creepy," Jiyong looked at Dara excitedly. "But I'm excited."

 

"For?" she asked even though she knows what he meant by it since she too is excited.

 

"To see your baby," he grinned. "I mean it'll be my first time to see a baby in a woman's tummy."

 

"Jiyong..." Dara uttered but she was cut short as the nurse came out.

 

"Park Sandara," her name was called.

 

"I'm right here," Dara stood up followed by Jiyong. She looked at him confused but the guy just smiled.

 

"Your husband can come with too," the nurse insisted.

 

"Oh he's not my..." she was cut off as Jiyong wrapped his arm around Dara's shoulder.

 

"Let's go jagiya," he pulled her from her spot as he leads her towards the open door. Dara wanted to elbow the guy but the nurse in front of them was watching them happily. Indeed the nurse also looked at Jiyong like she wanted him which a part of her became possessive. I'm sorry, but he's after me. Dara smirked.

 

"Are you up to something?" Jiyong asked as he sees the girl smirking.

 

"What? No!" Dara straightened herself out. "I don't know what you're talking about."

 

"You wouldn't smirk like that if you don't have anything sneaky in mind," Jiyong kept on teasing. "Unless..."

 

"Unless what?" she glared at him hoping she gets her warning across.

 

"Unless... you're thinking of dir..." Dara quickly elbowed the guy earning a loud groan of pain from Jiyong.

 

"Don't jagiya," Dara bitterly smiled.

 

"I'll just have you change in this gown," the nurse instructed. "You can leave your bottoms since we'll just do the external ultrasound. The doctor said it'll be easily spotted at this point of your pregnancy."

 

"Okay thank you," Dara took the gown from her and went to the bathroom the room had.

 

After changing into the gown, Dara went and laid on the bed the room had preparing herself physically and mentally to see her baby. She's really excited to see the development after a few weeks that had gone by.

 

"Are you comfy?" Jiyong propped Dara's pillow properly.

 

"Yes, thank you," Dara nodded.

 

"Do you want anything to drink?" he asked.

 

"No, I'm fine," she muttered. She doesn't quite know whether to be bothered and annoyed but his sweetness is melting a part of her heart. Not too fast heart...not right now. "Just sit still Jiyong please."

 

"Sorry," he faintly smiled. "I'm just excited."

 

"Do you want to switch place with me?" Dara joked earning a soft chuckle from the guy. 

 

"If it meant carrying your child and bearing the pain for you, I'd do it," Jiyong sweetly murmured. "Seeing you in pain once is enough for me. I want to make you feel pain free and just be happy." [a/n: how can you say no to that? sorry...]

 

Dara bit her lips trying not to tear up. She knew the guy was doing his best to get back on her good side and so far, it's been successful. The only thing that's scaring her is the pain she'd feel if one day Jiyong didn't want to be a part of her life. Especially when her baby is born. Anything can change especially when Jiyong hasn't experienced any of this.

 

Before Dara could say anything, the doctor came in.

 

"Good Morning Dara," she greeted.

 

"Good Morning Dr. Hwang," Dara smiled. 

 

"Are we ready to see the little peach?" Dr. Hwang asked making the girl nod happily. The doctor then noticed Jiyong's presence which earned another smile from the doctor. "Is he the baby's daddy?"

 

"Ummm...no," Dara uttered. Her cheeks were turning red from such comment.

 

"I am," Jiyong spoke up. "She just doesn't want to admit it yet."

 

"Oh it's okay...?" she looked at Jiyong puzzled.

 

"Kwon Jiyong," he extended his hand for the doctor to take and shake.

 

"Dr. Hwang," she answered. "I'm glad you finally accompanied Dara. It maybe hard to face ED for you Jiyong, but you two are doing the right thing to have a baby."

 

"ED?" Jiyong repeated, clueless as to what the doctor meant. Dara bit her lips trying hard not to laugh.

 

"It's okay Jiyong," Dr. Hwang looked at him concerned. "There are a few cases where guys have problem with getting their wive's or girlfriend pregnant so they go with another option like AI. Sometimes guys with low count makes it hard for couples to conceive during ual ."

 

Dara looked away as she saw Jiyong's face turn into a confused to shocked. She didn't want to laugh knowing they're in such place, but Jiyong's face was epic. She wanted to capture this moment.

 

"Doc, I'm not like that," Jiyong was turning red. "I am a healthy man I mean...I always get checked every three to four months."

 

"It's okay Jiyong," Dr. Hwang nodded. "So," she turned to Dara and smiled. "Are we ready?"

 

"Always," Dara mumbled trying her best not to laugh at Jiyong's traumatized face.

 

"You should have kept quiet," Dara whispered to Jiyong and smirked.

 

"Yea...yea laugh all you want," Jiyong challenged. "I'll get you back!"

 

"Oooh I'm scared," she pretended to shiver. "Now may I have a moment with my baby."

 

"Yes," he smiled remembering the awaiting baby. "And I'd also like to have a moment with his/her mother and the baby too."

 

Dara quickly looked away hoping not to show how affected she is.

 

"Cold gel is coming," Dr. Hwang warned taking Dara's mind off of Jiyong's words. 

 

Dara bit her lips trying not to shiver and at the same time to be poised. Having Jiyong beside her wasn't helping either. She felt so conscious.

 

"Hey it's okay," Jiyong grabbed Dara's hand holding it tightly. "Are you cold?" he asked making her nod. Jiyong got up from his seat, and decided to go to the girl's side. He then wrapped his arm around her shoulder hugging her tightly hoping to warm her up.

 

"Okay, so it looks like little peach is doing well," Dr. Hwang would smoothly slide the ultrasound probe on Dara's small bump. "Here it is," both looked at the screen at the same time and there a peach size fetus was captured. "Do you guys hear that?" she asked and a continuous thumping sound echoed. "That's its heartbeat," she explained. "It looks like we have a strong baby here."

 

"Do you know what it's gender?" Jiyong asked excitedly beating the mother in asking the question.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter