Chapter 1

Fan Service?

A round of applause reverberating all over the bar tumultously. Park Chanyeol takes off his hat and swings it in front of his stomach, the other hand rested on his back and he bends over his upper body bowing ninety degrees to all of the audience. A smug grin plastered on his face when he stands up straight again. His head’s held high. High pitched squeals can be heard from a bunch of hormonal teenage girls in front of the stage. Chanyeol cringes at both the sight and those annoying voices. He can guarantee those girls are still underaged and wondering how they can penetrate that highly guarded bar. They must have both connection and less than conservative (yet, of course, rich) parents to go into EXO. He even doubts himself has a capability to just hang out and have a life at EXO enjoying some performances on the weekend if he weren’t to work at it.

Chanyeol takes his guitar and walks off the stage lazily (which his fans see it as one of the cool demeanors of Park Chanyeol’s, even though it is actually just his pure laziness). He can hear those fangirls and fanboys of his screaming some “how cool”s and “marry me”s. He continues walking to his tiny dressing room behind the stage, not spare them a gaze, couldn’t care less to those fans. His head’s been pounding since he woke up this morning, plus his never ending assignments as a student of economics and business waits for him loyally in his also little apartment. Those hot lightings on the stage left him damped of his own sweat, make it all worse. All he wants to do is see his annoying boss, get this month’s salary and get his out of here as soon as possible. He needs fresh air to keep him sober because his pounding head is relentless while his assignment’s still laying on the dark corner of his table untouched. Life has never been easy to a college student and a freelance bar  singer.

A stack of Won in a brown envelope makes him feel a little bit better, but it’s all just gone like a Poof! when he opens the side door of EXO and finds that it is raining outside. He groans and secretly wishes that some guy named Kai of some famous boygroup with his teleportation ability came and saved him, took himself to his apartment all safe and, most importantly, dry.

For no choice he has, Chanyeol pulls his hoodie over his head and steps outside EXO. Water and mud splattering from under his shoes. He is all ready to feel those big drops of cold water spattering all over his tall figure, yet he finds himself dry. He then looks up with his brows curled and finds a grey umbrella covering himself. The boy abruptly turns around and see another boy behind him, who is a lot shorter than him, extending his hand holding the umbrella to cover Chanyeol, and succesfully makes his face and chest wet from the trickling water from the umbrella. Chanyeol reflexively grabs that man’s wrist and pulls him closer to get him covered under the umbrella. He freezes. He doesn’t know either if it is because his sudden act, or becauseof the sudden skin contact, or because oh gosh that man is beautiful. His hair’s blond. His eyeliner’s still lined perfectly on his small cute eyes. Waterproof. His lips thin and pink. His expression is calm yet a little bit mischievous.

“You” the man jabs Chanyeol’s chest with his, to Chanyeol’s amazement, beatiful index finger “can’t get sick.” He ends it with a smile which throbs Chanyeol’s poor heart.

Chanyeol gulps a lump in his throat loudly and manages to say a “Thank you?” that more sounds like a question than a declaration.

“The name’s Baekhyun. Byun Baekhyun.” He starts walking slowly.

Chanyeol automatically follows Baekhyun, searching for a save place from the restless rain. “Um- I’m Park Chanyeol.” Chanyeol scratches his scalp. Perplexed. “Where—“

“I’ll walk you home.” Baekhyun cuts Chanyeol’s sentence. “And I know your name.”

“How?” he paused. “Did you watch my performance in EXO?” He quickly adds. Chanyeol wonders why he asks that stupid question because what else a person who knows his name does outside EXO right after his performance ended.

“Yes. Always.” Baekhyun flashes a little smile and Chanyeol has to use all his willpower to not drool at the sight.

“Always? His brows curled. “But I never saw you before.You know, I can remember some people that always come to EXO and watch me performing.”

“Oh you mean those hormonal hardcore fangirls and fanboys of yours?” Baekhyun lets out a laugh.

“Hey they are still my fans!” Chanyeol tries to sound offended but he couldn’t help but laughing either, nose scrunched. “Yeah, yeah. I labeled them as hormonal teenagers too.” He beamed.

“Oh ya? They are.” Baekhyun looks at Chanyeol concisely. “And I’m a lot cooler than they are. I’m your secret audience.”

“Wow. How? By laying under the stage watch me from beneath it?”

“Not that extreme, pabo! I’m not a sasaeng. Well, i doubt you have one though.” Baekhyun smiles widely and at this rate Chanyeol really wants to pinch those rosy cheeks. “I watch you from the bar. Not that hidden to say it secret audience, but still secretive enough as a person who always watches you performing but not joining that fanclub consists  of those said hormonal teenagers though.” He said sarcastically. “Well maybe I’m more like a silent fan.”

Chanyeol feels his cheeks heat up. He grins widely and almost creepily. “Should I make an official fanbase account now? You can have the privilege to be the admin.”

“No thanks, I have other important things to do.” Baekhyun stifles a laugh seeing Chanyeol frowns a little bit.

“By the way, talking bout this secret thingy, why do I even trust you to walk me home? How if you’re one of those secret agents undercover wants to kidnap me, or even worse, a secret assassin? Or you’re a person who kidnaps some random people and kill them and sell their organs? Or even worse—“

“No, Chanyeol. Stop talking.” Baekhyun stares at Chanyeol with those kind of ‘Chanyeol, please’ gaze. “Think about it; do you have any very valuable thing other people don’t own?”

Chanyeol curls his brows, thinking about it hardly. “I.. don’t think so.” And now Chanyeol’s mind is split between being grateful to not have a possibility to be kidnapped by Byun Baekhyun (which Chanyeol somehow would happily be his hostage, because being kidnapped by Baekhyun means spending longer time with him), and frowning at the fact that he really has no very valuable things that other people have to snatch it from him to own.

“Then I have no reason to kidnap you.” Baekhyun shrugs. “And Chanyeol, I know I’m your fan but I’m not your umbrella holder, and you’re so freaking tall, and my hand is nearly cramp extending it for the last ten minutes to keep you dry, so can you please hold this umbrella?”

“Oh.” Chanyeol realizes that Baekhyun was struggling to keep him dry all the way from EXO extending his hand up high. And he realizes that he doesn’t have to hunch because usually he has to when any other people hold the umbrella for him, thanks to his height that is a little bit abnormal to Koreans (except for Wu Fan who is 2 cms freaking taller than him, and he’s Chinese Canadian, not a Korean). He abruptly takes the umbrella from Baekhyun’s grip and hold it himself. “Sorry.” He flashed his wide grin.

“It’s okay. It’s still intact.” Baekhyun smiles genuinely. “And hey, Yeol, you’re not even a little bit like yourself on the stage. I mean, you’re all cool and cold on stage, but it turns out not hard at all to make a conversation with you. You’re amused so easily. And you’re quite friendly, even with a stranger like me.”

“I know. My friend told me that. And you’re not a stranger, you’re my fan, right? Plus, my fans like my cold demeanor, no?” Chanyeol turns right at the intersection and Baekhyun follows. The rain almost stops. Chanyeol’s apartment building’s not farther than 50 metres.

“Yeah, yeah. And I wonder if they knew how their cool guitarist and singer Park Chanyeollie oppa actually were, would they still worship you?” Baekhyun jerks his head.

“And what about you? Do you still worship me?” Chanyeol giggles and wiggling his brows.

Baekhyun, to Chanyeol’s surprise, is jolted and blush furiously. “I-I, yes, I mean, yes I guess.”

They’ve arrived in front of Chanyeol’s apartment’s main door. Chanyeol stops and faces Baekhyun. He’s still blushing and he can just duck his head, hiding from Chanyeol’s gaze.

“So you will still come watching my performances, yes?” Chanyeol flips off the umbrella. The rain has stopped and replaced with the cold midnight breeze.

Baekhyun nods before peeking at Chanyeol cutely and takes his umbrella. Chanyeol grins widely in joy. This fan of his is cute, really, like so so so cute.

“Thank you, Byun Baek!”

Baekhyun beams and no longer peeking shyly at Chanyeol. He likes the nickname Chanyeol gives to him, wishing Chanyeol won’t forget to call him the same way when they meet again someday. “Okay, bye Yeol~!”

Chanyeol waves and smiles genuinely (in Chanyeol’s creepy way). Baekhyun turns back and walks slowly to the direction they were from. Chanyeol stands still and watches Baekhyun’s tiny back. Still smiling widely with that scrunched nose and right eye half closed.

“DON’T BE A SECRET AUDIENCE AGAIN BYUNBAEK!” He shouts with his booming voice which can make his neighbors wake up, but thankfully no one throws him a sandal yet (this really happened once when he was in his second year of college and a little bit tipsy shouting a joke at Wu Fan who was more tipsy).

Baekhyun turns around and laughs, gives Chanyeol a thumbs-up then waves too eagerly.

 

--

 

It’s been a month since Baekhyun met Chanyeol at the side door of EXO, and it means that he has walked Chanyeol home eight times (Chanyeol performing at EXO twice a week). After the performance, Baekhyun will always be outside the bar’s side door and waits Chanyeol patiently to walk him home. He starts to feel that he’s like that one dog named Hachiko from Shibuya waiting for the professor and going home together, except that he’s not a dog (Zitao said he’s like a puppy though) and Chanyeol isn’t a professor. They got to know each other quickly, even know many little things about each other; like Baekhyun hates cucumber so much and feels like throwing up if there’s any single tiny piece of cucumber on the dining table, that EXO is Baekhyun’s close friend’s and he can go to EXO whenever he wants, that Chanyeol is 185 cm while Baekhyun is 11 cm shorter, that Chanyeol can play drums, and bass other than guitar, that he really prefers rapping than singing even though his voice is impeccably nice, and that Baekhyun surprisingly likes to sing too.

On the next performance after Baekhyun walked Chanyeol home for the first time, he really didn’t be a silent audience just like Chanyeol wished. He was totally fanboying over Chanyeol. He mingled with those hormonal teenager fans of Chanyeol’s in the very front barricade of the audience, screaming with the fans and had a sore throat the next morning, even holding up a striking poster full of glitters and big glaring pink heart sign after Chanyeol’s name he made himself (which Chanyeol confiscated right after they met in the usual place because Chanyeol claimed that it made him unfocused). After that, Chanyeol insisted that Baekhyun has just to be a silent audience like he used to because he can’t stand the sight of Baekhyun ing with those hormonal teenagers, which Baekhyun gladly does too because he really can’t stand the aftermath of fanboying over Chanyeol. Those teenagers really have a strong vocal chord. Baekhyun wonders how they can scream like madmen without having a sore throat the next morning.

Tonight is a good night. It is warm and the wind is a little bit chilly but still perfectly okay. Chanyeol has a plan, and it makes him happy all day, plus the weather conspires him to run his plan. He steps outside EXO happily, welcomed by Baekhyun with his perfect smile and his usual perfect eyeliner. He is wrapped in a white button up dress shirt covered with black hoodie and a casual dark blue jeans with a blue All-stars Converse, matched with Chanyeol’s light blue button up dress shirt and black denim jacket and also a little bit shabby black jeans and more than shabby white sneakers.

“I’ll walk you home tonight.” Chanyeol declares happily and starts walking. Not even waiting for Baekhyun’s answer.

“Seriously? Why out of the blue?” Baekhyun can’t help but smiling at Chanyeol’s statement though. He just shrugs and follows Chanyeol’s long pace.

“It’s a fan service.”

Baekhyun snorts. “Really, you and your celebrity-wanna-be disease.”

“You’re not gonna regret it though. I’ll make a good company.” Chanyeol slower his pace realizing that Baekhyun’s half running to keep up with him.

“Really? How?”

“Hmmm let me think.” Chanyeol tilts his head and puts his index finger under his lower lip. “How bout treating you dinner? You cool with it?” Chanyeol beams.

“Seriously? Aaaah I wouldn’t have eaten so much if I had known you’ll treat me.” Baekhyun whines. “I’m full, Yeol, like really really full. And it’s almost midnight.”

“But I haven’t eaten yet, Baek. Not even a single grain.” Chanyeol whines back at Baekhyun with his puppy eyes, knowing that Baekhyun can’t resist his a little bit creepy aegyo. “Plus, it’s on me.”

Baekhyun averts his gaze from Chanyeol, pinches his nose bridge and shakes his head.

“Byun Baeeek~”

“Okay! Okay! Don’t blame me if your cheeks are swollen like a pig tomorrow.” Baekhyun defeated. It’s almost funny how Chanyeol whom he knows this past one month (yeah okay maybe a little more than five months he knows Chanyeol but he introduces himself formally just a month ago) can defeat him easily with just saying that petname.

“Woohoooo ByunBaek you’re the best!!!” Chanyeol grabs his wrist and swings his hand happily. He’s even hopping like a giant baby, complete with that adorable creepy wide smile that soon turns into a laugh. “Wait, I’m the best, not you Baek, because it’s on me afterall.”

Baekhyun slaps Chanyeol’s upper arm with his free hand and can’t help but laughing together with him.

 

--

 

They end up sitting in the back corner seat at a Mc Donald’s near Baekhyun’s apartment. Chanyeol pigs out with his Double Bigburger and chicken and medium sized fried fries and large sized soda and a choco sundae, while Baekhyun is content with his Cheeseburger (without pickles) solemnly and sipping his hot choco which Chanyeol constantly mocking at. He said that Baekhyun was like an elementary student drinking a cup of milk before going to bed, and Baekhyun insisted that people never get too old for a cup of hot choco. And Chanyeol ends up drinking his hot choco because Baekhyun says he can’t take it anymore or else he will puke and make it waste.

It’s past one in the morning. They’re walking to Baekhyun’s apartment side by side. The lamp streets’re glowing its yellow light. The alleyway’s almost empty, just a few vehicles roaring their machines and passing them quickly, couldn’t care less to the pedestrians. Their hands rubbing their stomachs. Chanyeol with his contented face and Baekhyun’s nearly throwing up.

“McDonald’s really makes my diet wasted. And my money too. My cheeks’re gonna swollen tomorrow. I ate too much really.” Chanyeol whines. His hand wrap Baekhyun’s wrist and swings it lightly. “But it’s really, really, reaaaaaalllyyy luscious!! Right Byun Baek?” He beams.

Baekhyun can’t answer even a single word. He’s too full. And nearly throwing up. And even hardly stand up straight. He’s struggling not to lay down on the street and curl himself up because his eyelids are really, really, heavy and all he wants is lie down on his comfortable bed with his fluffy pillows and warm comforter.

“Baek?” Chanyeol rocks his limp hand. “Baek? Earth to ByunBaek!”

Baekhyun manages to say a lazy “hmm” before he feels the warmth of Chanyeol’s (always) warm palm left his wrist and he almost tumbling down because his only support to make him stand up straight left him. Then Baekhyun sees through his half lidded eyes that Chanyeol’s squinting down in front of him and his hands’re reaching behind to grab Baekhyun’s thighs. Then all he knows after that is he is carried by Chanyeol on his back. Chanyeol piggybacks him.

Chanyeol piggybacks him.

Park Chanyeol piggybacks him.

Park-ing-Chanyeol. PIGGYBACKS. Him.

His eyes widen when the realization hits him and he’s almost falling back if Chanyeol didn’t balance himself.

“Hey, hey don’t move Baek. Just sleep okay?” Chanyeol balances himself once again so that Baekhyun can lean a little bit higher on his back.

Baekhyun can’t help but blushing furiously. He hides his face on the crook of Chanyeol’s neck. “That’s my apartment. Number 506.” He points at a white building near the intersection without looking up. How he wished that his apartment was a little bit farther so that he could lean on Chanyeol a little bit longer.

Baekhyun snakes his arms around Chanyeol’s shoulders and he can feel the warmth of Chanyeol’s body. The tiny boy inhales Chanyeol’s scent which was like a mixing of white musk and the smell of the bar and street. He likes how Chanyeol’s back and shoulder are also warm just like his palm. He likes how the warmth of Chanyeol’s gives him comfort like a red-blue fire in the fireplace in the cold winter. He likes how Chanyeol’s back were like made for him to lean in. How his arms can perfectly snake around Chanyeol’s shoulder and rest on it comfortably.

He soon drifts back to sleep. With a small smile on his face.

 

--

 

Chanyeol is in the middle of super-duper-mega boring Macroeconomics class and almost drifts off to sleep when he feels his phone’s buzzing in his jeans pocket. He quickly fishing it while eyeing the lecturer, not wanting to get caught.

From: Byun Baekki.

“Chanyeol-aaah! Are you busy this Sunday?”

Chanyeol can’t help but grinning stupidly at the message. Does Baekhyun want to go out with me? He quickly types a reply, not even bother to peek at the busy talking professor in front of the class. His tongue his plump lips, replying the text too eagerly.

To: Byun Baekki.

“I guess I’m free, what’s up Byun Baek?”

Actually he does remember the assignments and the quiz on Monday, but he can’t care less. It is Baekhyun wanting to go out with him. He never knows since when he is being this light up when it comes to Byun Baekhyun, his little cutie fan of his. Now Chanyeol can’t even know who is the fan and who is the idol here. But once again, he can’t care less as long as it’s Baekhyun.

A minute later his phone in his palm (he doesn’t bother to put it inside his pocket again) buzzes.

From: Byun Baekki.

“My friends will be out of town, they have something to do with a project and I’ll be alone ;( and I also have nothing to do, so I wonder if we can go somewhere doing some fun? Hehe.”

Chanyeol’s grin widened. His free hand goes up to his cheek feeling a heat creeping up to his ears. all those ty assignments!! I can finish it on Saturday, I’m a genious Park Chanyeol anyway, and I don’t need a whole Sunday to do it! My Sunday is for you Baek!!!! He pumps his fist that earns some scowls from his classmates.

To: Byun Baekki.

“Yes of course!!!! ;) ;)” Chanyeol types it and hastily deletes it because he doesn’t want to look so happy to be able to go out on a date with Baekhyun. Wait.. No Chanyeol this is NOT a date. And it’s not that I haven’t ever gone out with Baekhyun. That dinner in Mc Donald’s counted as going out, right? Right?? But no this one’s different!! Chanyeol takes five minutes struggling with his mind and deciding how he should reply the message, not knowing that in the other class in another university Baekhyun frowns while looking at his phone screen waiting for Chanyeol’s text.

Finally Chanyeol just reply a short “Yeah sure! :) what time?” even though he actually wants to reply “ASDFGHFNIWROMVMWBFNNAUHF YOU WANNA GO ON A DATE WITH ME BYUN BAEK?!!!! SERIOUSLY????!!!!!!! AFBFGRWUIFNRWIOGNWFG /FLIPS ALL TABLES IN MA CLASS/”. Look who’s the idol and who’s the fan here, seriously. Chanyeol inhales and exhales slowly to calm himself down before the entire population of the class give their attention to him. He can’t replace his wide smile on his face, though.

 

--

 

Chanyeol walks slowly to Baekhyun’s apartment. He agreed to pick Baekhyun up first and then walks to the downtown together because it’s relatively closer from Baekhyun’s apartment. He tries to still his fingers from flicking each other and resists the urge to bite his lower lips. He really needs to calm down. It’s not the first time he’s meeting Baekhyun yet he can never erase his thought of having a date with him, and this thought apparently makes him all jittery.

Chanyeol has just known Baekhyun for two months, but he feels like he’s already known him for years. Baekhyun once told him that he just approached Chanyeol and 20 seconds later they became close. Chanyeol just answered “Redundancy!”, but now he can understand what Baekhyun actually meant that time. He actually is a social person like Baekhyun is, but most people think that he is weird because of his facial expression. That’s why the one and only person he befriends with is Kris. Kris is also the one and only person who can compete Chanyeol in being ignored by people in their society because of their facial expression. The difference is that Chanyeol is always smiling brightly and make people think that he’s actually a madman, while Kris is always frowning (with his thick eyebrow Chanyeol likes to tease) that makes people get scared of him. Otherwise, Chanyeol being the happy virus he is, only believes that Kris is the 3D version of Angry Bird in real life.

Chanyeol sighs loudly in front of Baekhyun’s apartmen door before ringing the doorbell. Baekhyun immediately opens the door, has been ready with his converse and nike jacket. That’s just his usual attire but what makes Chanyeol feels hot and cold at the same time is Baekhyun’s wifesbeater. Its cutting is so low and if he doesn’t wear his jacket (Chanyeol believes) he can see Baekhyun’s through the big arm cutting. His hair styled with gel and pushed up exposing his forehead. He swallows loudly and his Adam’s apple bobs. Baekhyun smiles sweetly at him while struggling with the key. Chanyeol flashes an awkward smile and looks away immediately because he’s sure Baekhyun’s smile can blind him if he stare only a second longer at it.

They walk in the hallway toward the elevator and Chanyeol has to use all of his willpower not to put his arm on Baekhyun’s shoulder, holding him close and kiss his crown. Baekhyun is clearly happy. He continuously hops and mumbles some song Chanyeol never heard before on their way to the elevator. His eyes twinkling and full of happiness, glancing at Chanyeol once at a time. His pinch-able cheeks flushed as pink as his thin lips.

 

--

 

Baekhyun drags Chanyeol to his favorite machine in the arcade. His eyes light up when he sees the Dance Dance Revolution machine with its shining dance floors. Chanyeol, otherwise, stares at the machine with eyes full of fear. When he takes Baekhyun to the arcade, this is not what he expected; being dragged to DDR machine he hates so much. He expected a cute fluffy scene such as winning a teddy bear at a manly shooting game, even though he doesn’t know whether or not Baekhyun likes teddy bear. The most important is that he would look manly with the airgun and Baekhyun would give him that adoring look he likes so much. Now that’s just Chanyeol’s imagination, and what’s waiting in front of him is gonna be the death of himself. Chanyeol at dancing and his long limbs only worsen the fact. Plus, he has a bad experience with DDR, hence the phobia.

“Baek, I’m not playing this game.” His eyes still eyeing the machine dreadfully like it’s gonna eat him alive.

Baekhyun pouts just like Chanyeol has expected. “Why? It’s fun seriously.”

“NOPE. What’s so fun about this stupid machine?” Chanyeol tries to defend himself. His hands are now cold. “Let’s play other games, okay?”

“Please~! Please please please Yollieeee~! It’s the only game we can play together. Look at the other machines, they’ve taken. We can’t just stand here and watch people play, we have a movie to watch in an hour, you remember?” Baekhyun sways Chanyeol’s hand, pouting more cutely now with that puppy eyes.

Chanyeol cards his hair with his free hand. He knows he’s been defeated. He will never win against Baekhyun and his pout, though. “Fine! But if I got injured or worse I got you injured, don’t take the blame on me okay? I’ve had a bad experience with this stupid thing, so please don’t laugh at me and my stupid long limbs.”

Baekhyun hops happily like a little kid while Chanyeol just can let out a loud sigh. His hands’re getting colder when he sees Baekhyun swipes the card to make the machine functioning. Chanyeol can’t process what he should do after the machine playing its trademark song while Baekhyun’s already on top of the machine and his feet stomp agilely at some panel that let out the sound he hates.

“C’mon Chanyeol-ah!”

Chanyeol gulps and staring back and forth at Baekhyun and the machine. He still remembers that embarrassing and painful accident he had the first time he played DDR. That experience does make him swearing not to play that game again, but Baekhyun apparently makes him break his own promise.

He steps at the machine too carefully that earns a laugh from Baekhyun. Baekhyun already picked a song and waited for Chanyeol to positioning himself and choose the level. Chanyeol stands awkwardly and Baekhyun gives him the code to copy Baekhyun’s position; hands grasp the bar behind his back to help him balance himself and feet in the middle of the dance floor so that it won’t stomp at the panel before the game starts. After his hands are securely grasping the bar behind him, Chanyeol can feel that he’s more comfortable and less awkward.

But being comfortable is apparently not enough to make him master the game. Baekhyun chooses a pretty high level and Chanyeol, with his pride he has, doesn’t want to look so weak in front of Baekhyun chooses the same level. That little mistake Chanyeol makes is leading to a self-mortifying scene.

Chanyeol with his awkward long limbs can’t keep up with the super high-speed arrows flashing in the screen in front of him. He’s tripped over his own leg and nearly fell down if he weren’t to grasp the bar behind him tightly. Baekhyun on the other hand, moves so agilely and looks like a professional dancer. He laughs loudly at Chanyeol while keeping his eyes glued at the screen and keeps his balance. The little boy even sings the song the machine plays. “WHAT THE HELL!”

As soon as the first round ends, Chanyeol sits on the dance floor before literally crawling out. That is an embarrassing moment Baekhyun will never forget in the entire lifetime of his.

“That was fun, wasn’t it?” Baekhyun pats Chanyeol’s back and grinning smugly.

Chanyeol manages to scowl at Baekhyun and earns a loud laugh from the smaller man. “Will never go to an arcade with you anymore. I swear.”

“Oh c’mon, it’s not that bad. At least you didn’t hurt yourself and me, right?”

“Yeah, but it clearly hurt my pride. It’s embarrassing really.” He covers his face with his palms and shook his head.

“It’s okay, I still idolize you.” Baekhyun laughs and helps Chanyeol stand up.

 

--

 

The movie was great. The food was great. Everything was great, well except the arcade. Chanyeol can really say that it is a date. They do things like couples do in their date like going to the arcade and watching movie and some other fluffy moments.

It’s already past 7 p.m. and they’re happy and full. They walk into a quiet park near Baekhyun’s apartment. A plastic bag dangling awkwardly in Chanyeol’s wrist. Baekhyun starts to take out the fireworks from the plastic bag. He’s eyes twinkling with happiness. He flashes his trademark smile Chanyeol loves so much and Chanyeol can feel his chest gets warmer when he sees it. He likes how Baekhyun hops and gets so excited only by packs of fireworks , just like a little innocent boy. Chanyeol helps Baekhyun with the packs and starts lighting it one by one (He nags at Baekhyun not to light one and just let him light it by himself). When the fireworks shoot to the sky and colorful sprinkles scattered beautifully decorating the sky, Baekhyun looks up to the sky with eyes full of adoration. The light from the fireworks reflected on his face, make his beautiful face light up just like the fireworks. Chanyeol, on the other hand, can’t take his eyes off of Baekhyun. For him, Baekhyun is the firework itself, a very beautiful firework. The one who can light up his world and make his life much more colorful. A second later, Chanyeol finds himself presses his lips on Baekhyun’s right cheek. He immediately pulls off after realizing what just he did.

Baekhyun smiles so brightly at Chanyeol. The most beautiful smile Chanyeol ever sees, decorated with fireworks as the background.

 

--

 

Baekhyun has a plan. He wants to confess to Chanyeol tonight. It’s a week after the fireworks date and they’ve been sticking around with each other non-stop. Baekhyun can tell that he still can feel Chanyeol’s wet lips on his cheek. Everytime he memorizes it, his stomach does somersault and his chest becomes warm.

Baekhyun borrows a car from his parents and picks Chanyeol up at 4 p.m. sharp. Chanyeol sits in the passenger seat quietly today. That makes Baekhyun feels so nervous. How can he not nervous? He will confess to Chanyeol and Chanyeol is unusually quiet beside him. They both keep fidgeting in their seats before Chanyeol breaks the silence.

“Where are we going to actually?” Chanyeol glance at Baekhyun, can’t even see him in the eyes.

“To Bucheon.” Baekhyun manages a grin.

“Seriously? Why Bucheon??” Chanyeol looks so confused. His brows arch in surprise.

“It’s my hometown.” Baekhyun takes the sunglasses from the dashboard beside him and wears it.

“DAMN BYUN BAEKHYUN WHO GIVES YOU THE RIGHT FOR BEING SO Y? SHOOT!” Chanyeol shooks his head. He really wants to kiss Baekhyun right now, but Baekhyun is driving and if he did it now, he could block Baekhyun’s gaze to the road in front of them and there might be an accident involving themselves. He still wants to live a happy life with Baekhyun, so he decides not to do it.

“I lived there before I moved to Seoul and my parents decided to follow my sister who lives in Japan. There’s a good place I want to visit. It’s my favorite place when I was a child. Well, until now I guess.” He smiles brightly. Already excited with the trip that’s just begun.

 

--

 

It turns out to be Baekhyun’s old house. His parents decided not to sell it because they like the house and everytime they visit Korea they’ll stay in that house. It’s a two-story house in the outskirts of Bucheon. The front yard is HUGE and in the back of the house there’s a little forest. It’s a lovely house, no wonder Baekhyun parents don’t want to sell it.

Chanyeol immediately loves the house. After Baekhyun welcomes him and tells him to make himself comfortable, he wanders around the house. The interior is minimalist but warm. In short, it’s so cozy.

“It’s indeed a lovely house, Baek. That’s why your parents don’t want to sell it. I really want my future house to be like this.” Chanyeol’s grin not invicible on his face. He keeps exploring the house and wow-ing at everything he finds so interesting.

“Okay Yeollie can we stop exploring the house?” Baekhyun rolls his eyes. “I want to spend the night in my favorite place, you remember? And just so you know, it’s the only place in this house you haven’t gone to. It’s a great place, so brace yourself.”

Baekhyun pulls Chanyeol’s hand and guide him upstairs. There’s a narrow stairs that end up to a white door which Baekhyun takes a long time struggling with the key. Chanyeol swats Baekhyun’s hand and open the door easily that earns a proud pat from Baekhyun.

Once they open the door, they can feel the night air lingering at their skin. They’re at the rooftop where they can see almost all part of the house. Chanyeol gets so excited because the sky’s so clear that night and he can see millions of stars. Some fireflies’re flying happily around them.They’re lighting so brightly as if wanting to compete the stars’ bright light.

“See? It’s nice, isn’t it?”

“Indeed!” Chanyeol sits beside Baekhyun and puts his arm around Baekhyun’s shoulder.

“This is my favorite place. I’m so happy that my parents didn’t sell this house when they moved out. I spent my weekends here when I was still living here.” Baekhyun looks up at the sky.

“It would be my favorite place too if I lived here.”

They’re quiet for a moment. Just look up at the sky and stargazing. Chanyeol’s hand moves from Baekhyun shoulder to the waist and pulls him closer. He thinks it’s the right time to confess, but...

“Baek.”

Baekhyun turns his head to Chanyeol and it makes him surprised. Chanyeol’s also looking at Baekhyun and their lips are now not more than 5 inches away. His face immediately turns red. How can he confess if Chanyeol makes him feel so embarrassed??

“Baeki-ah.” He repeats. “I think I like you.. I hope that you like me like the way I like you. Not just a fan likes his idol. I mean... I- I love you, Baek.” Chanyeol’s face’s now as red as Baekhyun’s, or even redder.

Baekhyun’s so surprised beside Chanyeol, but he tries his hardest to keep his cool. “Do you know Chanyeol-ah? You steal my line. I planned to tell you the same thing tonight.” He feigns a pout.

Baekhyun can tell that Chanyeol’s confused now. His brows curled before arching. His expression keeps changing rapidly that makes Baekhyun wants to kiss him. And then Chanyeol understands what Baekhyun means and he’s smiling his brightest smile that night.

Baekhyun cups Chanyeol’s cheeks with his hands softly. “Before you steal this one from me too, I’ll do it first.” And then Baekhyun leans in. He kisses Chanyeol softly and he can feel that Chanyeol’s smiling in their kiss.

That is indeed the best night of Baekhyun’s life.

Stars, fireflies, rooftop, and the most important...........

Chanyeol.

 

“Because there’s no light without fire, and there’s no fire without light.”

 

 


Author Note:

Read the last line from somewhere, I forgot -____- I really likes the quote seriously my baekyeol feels!!!! Really need to thank someone who wrote that quote! T-T MISS BAEKYEOL SO MUCH!!

ANYWAYS, CONGRATS EXO FOR THE 2ND WIN ON INKIGAYO TODAY!!!!!!!!! /KEYBOARD SMASHING/ /GROWLING/