Lies

The Abandoned Wolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER FOURTY Seven

“Secure the borders along the East.” Yixing told a group of shifters from the defence team and they nodded their head before running off in their wolf form. “We have to make sure the children, women and human will be safe. Take some people from the economics group to help you.” He told another shifter and he bowed before leaving. Yixing looked up just to see his brother talking to another group of shifters before they bow and left.

Yifan met eyes with Yixing and he gave his brother a small smile, which the younger returned. It has been days since the council meeting and nobody had a rest since then. The leaders from both groups formed a plan and their followers went to carry it out as soon as possible. Some shifters were scouting the area for any scent of the intruders while others were training for the battle that was to come. Every male shifter was invited to join and to protect their town. Some decided to join while other refused to as they wanted to protect their family instead.

As for the humans, they went through the plan incase of any loopholes while others went around telling the rest of the town that a fight might break out and for them to either go to any safe house when it does or stay in their home and lock their door and windows. The female humans even went to the trouble of making food for the people that were risking their lives for the town.

“Yixing!” Joonmyeon ran towards his alpha and Yixing broke the eye contact with Yifan before looking at Joonmyeon.

“What’s wrong?” He asked, noticing how Joonmyeon was sweating and gasping for breath. Yifan noticed that too and walked towards them. “Are they here?!”

That had all heads whipping towards them, alarmed by his words. Joonmyeon quickly shook his head, indicating that Yixing’s guess is wrong and they relaxed a little. “It’s Zitao. He’s looking into the future.”

 

“Zitao? Zitao, can you hear me?” Kyungsoo gently shook the man who was sitting on the chair while he stared blankly ahead. Kyungsoo was getting more worried as the seconds ticked by and the only thing that was keeping him from smacking Zitao awake is that Zitao is still breathing.

Both alphas rushed in, their eyes immediately locking onto the person they were looking for. Zitao was at the corner of the room, his forehead now filled with droplets of sweat as he shook a little. The alphas were sure that he saw something that made him scared, or something serious enough to make him panic.

“Zitao.” Yifan stood in front of him, just beside Kyungsoo as Yixing checked on his vitals. “Zitao, can you hear me? You’ve got to get out before it is too late.” It was not like Yifan does not have confidence that Zitao could control his powers. It was that the alpha was scared. Zitao, like the rest of them, are his brothers and he could not afford to lose any of them.

“Yifan.” The alpha turned to look at Kyungsoo who seemed a little scared at what was happening. “I.. he.. he just suddenly went slack and started staring into space. I didn’t what was going on. Joonmyeon hyung ran out of the room, leaving me alone and I did not know what to do.” Yifan placed a hand on the boy’s shoulder to calm him down.

“It’s alright Soo. Zitao is just using his powers.” Yifan explained and could slowly see the worry in the boy disappearing.

“Right.” Kyungsoo mumbled to himself.

All of a sudden, tears started rolling down from Zitao’s eyes and Yifan cursed. “He is getting too emotional. We have to get him out of there before he gets stuck.”

“What’s going on?” Luhan came into the room when he felt one of them (most probably Kyungsoo) panicking. It made Luhan so unsettled that he decided to check on things himself.

“Zitao’s in trouble.” Was all Kyungsoo managed to say when the oldest among them sprinted out of the room.

Yifan looked at Yixing, hoping his brother would be able to do something but to his dismay, the younger male shook his head, indicating no. “There is nothing we can do but to pray that he will come back himself.”

Chanyeol rushed into the room, accidentally banging his shoulder against the door and he hissed in pain. Jongdae grumbled at the giant for blocking the way as he pushed Chanyeol in. Soon, everyone from the TwoMoon pack was in the room as they gathered around Zitao. Yifan ignored the noises his friends were making as he focused on Zitao whose soul still has not come back. “Zitao, you’ve got to come back now.”

Just then, Zitao in a deep breath as he shut his eyes tightly. The grip on the chair tightened as he tried to calm himself down. “Are you alright?” Yixing took over the spot Kyungsoo was in and checked if everything was okay. They were more than relieved that their friend did not get stuck in the space of time.

The wushu practiser then opened his eyes and looked at his alphas. “Kyungsoo...” His voice was barely a whisper and everyone in the room looked at Kyungsoo. Zitao’s eyes followed their direction and he saw the red-headed male behind him. Feeling better thanks to Yixing, Zitao got up and went towards Kyungsoo who was looking at him with his big, curious eyes. “Why? Why were you planning to leave?”

Kyungsoo in a breath as his eyes grew wider at the sudden question. He tried to calm himself and his poor heart which was beating so fast that he wondered if it was possible. He does not want anyone to know his plans, especially the TwoMoon pack. Kyungsoo does not know how Zitao’s power works, but he knew that his friend looked far enough in the future to see him running away. “I do not know what you are talking about, Zitao.” Kyungsoo furrowed his eyebrows, as if frowning at the ridiculous statement. “There is no reason for me to leave you guys. This is my home now.”

“But I saw you! I saw you leaving us without carrying anything! It was like you did not want to bring anything with you that might have to do with us!” Zitao shouted, afraid that what he saw might really come true. Kyungsoo flinched a little at the loud volume.

“Zitao,” Minseok stood in between them as he looked at the taller male. “Maybe what you saw was wrong. Like Kyungsoo said, this is his home now and he has no reason to leave.”

“My visions are never wrong.”

“I can’t say anything about that because I have not seen one but shouldn’t we trust Kyungsoo? Isn’t he more important than a vision? If he says he is staying then shouldn’t we believe him?” Minseok questioned and the others agreed with him. It was not like they do not trust Zitao but they just could not believe that Kyungsoo will

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter