Worries

The Abandoned Wolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

CHAPTER Thirty

“Alright everyone, pair up into twos.” Mr Kim, their physical education teacher, clapped his hands and the students went to find their partner.

“Let’s pair up?” Baekhyun asked Kyungsoo and the boy nodded. Mr Kim then instructed them to do some stretching before preparing for their NPFA test that will be in a few weeks’ time. While Baekhyun and Kyungsoo were stretching, the older male could see that Kyungsoo is in his own world. It is like the only thing Kyungsoo could hear is his own thoughts. His huge orbs that could express his emotions in now empty. It was like Kyungsoo’s soul had left him and that worried Baekhyun. What exactly happened that made the doe eyed boy like this?

“Bambi.” Baekhyun called Kyungsoo and Kyungsoo looked at him. “Are you alright?”

“I’m actually not feeling so well.” Kyungsoo admitted as he gave a small smile.

“Are you alright? Do you need to see a doctor?” Baekhyun was up on his feet and helped Kyungsoo stand up too.

The red-headed male shook his head and nodded towards the benches. “I’ll just rest for a while.” Baekhyun nodded and helped Kyungsoo towards the benches. Baekhyun then went to report to their teacher and he allowed them to be excused. If Yifan did not explained to Mr Kim that Kyungsoo is different, Mr Kim would believe that Baekhyun is lying because shifters do not just fall sick.

“What exactly is troubling you?” Baekhyun asked when he went back to where Kyungsoo was. The younger male let out a heavy sigh. He was tired with whatever that has been happening. The GreyRaven pack wants him, his cousin may be in trouble and he might cause the people of the Halo Town to be in danger. Kyungsoo just wished that none of this is real and that he is just living happily with his friends. Better yet, he wishes for him to be back at the GreyRaven pack if it means none of this will happen.

“I’m just worried about noona.” Kyungsoo said after a minute of silence. He wanted to know if Geunyoung was okay. Ever since Geunyoung left the Halo Town, there has been no news of her and it worries Kyungsoo. “I’m sure she will be fine but I just can’t help but to worry.”

Baekhyun looked at him in pity before patting his head. He knew how Kyungsoo is feeling because if it was any of his friends or family, he would be feeling the same as well. “She will be alright. She has alpha blood flowing in her and she will be fine.” Baekhyun tried to assure Kyungsoo and Kyungsoo gave him a grateful smile.

 

The sun hung highly in the sky. The humid and stuffy weather made students want to sleep and Kyungsoo was no exception. While the teacher was teaching, the red-headed male was fighting with himself to stay awake. He really wants to listen to what the teacher was talking about but somehow, his mind seem to go blank and his eyelids dropped heavily. Unable to fight with the sleep anymore, Kyungsoo just decided to give in and closed his eyes, letting his whole body relax as he find his way to-

The shrill sound of the school bell made Kyungsoo jumped a little in his seat and his eyes were opened wide. Zitao had to stifle his laughter or their teacher will scold him. “That scared me.” Kyungsoo muttered to himself as he packed his bags. The teacher dismissed them and Zitao waited for Kyungsoo to finish packing his bag. When he was done, the both of them went out of the classroom and went to find the rest.

“School was boring.” Sehun pouted while Jongin stretched his tired body.

“I almost fell asleep.” Kyungsoo told them.

“What? Man, I can’t believe that you out of all almost slept.” Chanyeol said. Kyungsoo was like the perfect student and they could not imagine him breaking any of the rules.

“I almost did too.” Jongdae joined the conversation as he let out a yawn. “Blame the stupid weather. It’s too hot to do anything.”

“Why don’t we head down to the lake to cool down?” Baekhyun suggested and they grinned. They placed their bags on the ground and shifted to their wolf form.

*Last one there will not be able to be with Bambi for the rest of the day!* Jongin grabbed his bag with his teeth and ran towards the forest.

*YAH! You and your sudden rules!* They scolded and ran after him as well. Kyungsoo shook his head before picking up his bag carefully. He knows why Jongin would set such rule because Jongin knew that Kyungsoo would be the last. That also means that they will all get to hog him later on.

He was about to go after his friends when he felt like someone was staring at him. He went on defence mode and looked around, hoping to see something that was out of place but all he saw was the people of the town doing their own business. *I must be thinking too much.* He shook his head to get rid of the thought. He looked around once more before running towards the forest.

 

While the rest were playing in the water and among themselves, Kyungsoo was sitting by the lake with Zitao beside him. It was like the wushu practiser and the doe eyed boy were lake buddies. Zitao could have joined the rest in playing as well, but he rather just sit beside Kyungsoo and look out for him, just incase anything were to happen. “Why aren’t you joining them?” Kyungsoo asked him.

“I rather sit here with you.” Zitao told him. He was not shy about his feelings for Kyungsoo anymore. Or rather, he did not have the time to be shy anymore. No one will know what will happen if GreyRaven were to attack and Zitao will regret for not spending enough time with Kyungsoo if something were to happen to him. Zitao’s sudden confession caught Kyungsoo off-guard and all the boy could do was to stare at Zitao and mumbled an ‘okay.’  “What about you?”

“I would rather sit here too. It’s too hot to move around.” Kyungsoo said before feeling sleepy ag

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter