Sudden appearance

The Abandoned Wolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

CHAPTER TWENTY six “sudden appearance”

The night was silent and the only sound that Kyungsoo’s sharp ears could pick up was the consistent cricking sound coming from the crickets and the occasional howl of the wind. It was already coming midnight but the red-headed male was leaning against the window frame as he let the coldness engulf him. He was tired, but he could not sleep when there is so much things going on in his mind and a certain alpha has not returned to his room.

*GreyRaven..* He looked up at the sky where a crescent moon was shining brightly. Kyungsoo loves the beautiful moon, just like how the other shifters do but this time, his eyes were filled with sorrow. Many painful memories flashed through his mind and the more he tried not to think about it, the more he did. *Why did you attack Halo town?* He was confused as he remembered that his old pack has nothing to do with the town he is currently staying at. It made no sense for them to attack Halo town.

The GreyRaven pack is from the South and they are at the North. The two packs were at the other end of the country so what was the GreyRaven pack’s purpose? It could not be that they want to take over Halo town because one, it was too far away from their town and two, the TwoMoons pack are one of the strongest pack existing. Kyungsoo had never heard of the DarkMoon and MoonStone pack before he came here but he knows that whoever who have the nerve to go up against Yifan and Yixing is either strong and confident or just plain stupid.

There was one possibility that he thought of, but did not believe. *It is not possible that they are still hunting me, right? If that’s true than it means that old man still wants me.* He grimaced at that thought. If only that man was not so disgusting and wants Kyungsoo ually, the boy would have went with him because being in the GreyRaven pack was like living in a hell hole. Kyungsoo sighed, because he was worried about his parents. What if his previous alpha was ill-treating them because he ran away? Even though his parents do not care about him, he will always care about them.

Turning around to face the king sized bed that was in his shared room with Yifan, he frowned a little. The alpha has still yet to come in and Kyungsoo was pretty sure he was overworking himself again. Kyungsoo opened the door and went to the hallway. Silence greeted him as everyone was already asleep. It was dark, except for the light that was coming from the living room. True enough, he saw Yifan on the couch, going through some papers as a frown was plastered on his handsome face.

The alpha heard someone walking towards him and he looked up. Seeing Kyungsoo there already did not make him feel as tired as before. He wants to sleep so badly but he had to finish taking care of some business he had with the school so that the students could get back to school as soon as possible and continue their normal, peaceful life. It was his duty to take care of the people in this town while the government people like Jaehyung’s father takes care of the political issues with other towns and of course, the standard of living and economy. “Hey,” Yifan gave him a tired smile.

“Hyung, you should get some rest.” Kyungsoo softly told him and the alpha softened as he knew that the boy was worried about him.

“I will in a while.” He promised.

“Is there anything I can do?” The doe eyed boy offered, even though he knew that there was nothing he can do but if he can lessen the load on his alpha’s shoulder, he will even if it is by a little bit.

“A cup of hot chocolate will be good.” Yifan gave him a warm smile and Kyungsoo returned it before going to the fridge to get the carton of coco powder. The alpha watched him scoop the powder into the cup and pour the hot water after that. Kyungsoo then took a spoon to stir the mixture and Yifan quickly went back to his work, not wanting Kyungsoo to find out that he was staring at the boy.

“Here.” The younger male placed the cup in front of Yifan and Yifan thanked him before taking a sip. While the alpha went back to his work, Kyungsoo sat beside and watched him. He noticed that Yifan frowns the most when he is handling his work, like it was a tough case to solve. Yixing and Yifan both own the detective shop, but Yixing was the overall in charge of it. On the other hand, Yifan was in charge of the people in town.

 

A few hours later, Yifan was finally done with his work and he stretched his stiff body before standing up. He noticed that Kyungsoo was still there beside him on the couch and that the boy was already asleep. Yifan gently carried him in his arms so that he would not wake Kyungsoo up. Sometimes the alpha would treat Kyungsoo like he is the most fragile thing on Earth or that he is a female. Yifan did not care what gender Kyungsoo is. All he wants to do is to treat him like his lover; to openly care about him, to touch him whenever he wants to and to shower him with love and kisses. Not being able to do so is killing him.

Yifan carefully placed him on the bed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter