Complications

The Abandoned Wolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

CHAPTER TWENTY four

Yifan went to his room the moment they reached the pack house while the rest went to check on Kyungsoo. The alpha took the same cream coloured book he read a few weeks ago. Flipping towards a certain page, he stopped and read its content. “Hyung?” Yixing opened the door and Yifan looked at him. “He’s fine like what Dujoon said and is currently sleeping. The rest are heading to dream land too.”

“Can’t you just heal him or something so that he won’t be in anymore pain?” Yifan asked his brother.

“Well, I can but Dujoon told me not too because he wants to use this chance to study the wound and maybe he might be able to find out why Kyungsoo’s body is like that.” Yixing sat on Yifan’s bed while the older male sat on his chair.

“Have you ever wondered why we were attacked?”

“Of course I did. We are always on good terms with other people and there is no way we offended someone. I can only come to the conclusion that maybe the GreyRaven pack has something to do with this and they want Kyungsoo back but why?” Yixing could not understand if it really was the GreyRaven’s pack doing. They kicked Kyungsoo out because they think he is weak so why would they want to take him back again?

“I think I know why.” Yifan passed the book the Yixing and Yixing’s eyes widened when he saw the title.

“The Wolf Demon.. Hyung, are you saying that we have something to do with this old legend?” Yixing frowned in confusion. The wolf demon is a legend and no one alive has actually seen it so many people treated it as a myth. Yifan motioned for him to continue reading.

“The wolf demon only appears once in every few hundred years because it takes time for it to find a suitable baby host. When it finds one, it will sleep in the host’s body for a decade or two. However, the powers the demon has will be absorbed by the host and they will become one. The host the demon chose will usually be a human because having a shifter’s genes to mix with the demon’s might be too powerful and the host might die. No one knows who the demon chose but it can be found out when the host uses the power. The demon has golden eyes so the host’s eyes will be golden in colour when he uses the demon’s power. The demon has super strength and has this slight ability to see the future, which is why no one has yet to catch it even after thousands of years.”

“It fits the description of Kyungsoo perfectly. That explains why his eyes will turn golden in colour and he has super strength. What is missing is the ability to read the future.” Yifan said.

“But Kyungsoo is a shifter!” Yixing exclaimed.

“That’s true. But his body is like a human’s. Maybe it was just Kyungsoo’s body all along. Maybe there is really nothing wrong with him and that he was just born like that. If this is true, then it is possible that the demon is in him.”

“And this is why they attacked us? Because they found out the demon is in Kyungsoo?”

“Yes.” Yifan said and Yixing looked at him in disbelief. “They want power and the only way to get it is to get Kyungsoo. It is said that if you force the demon to wake up before it does on its own, you get to owe it. But the host might die during the process. However, if the demon wakes up on its own, Kyungsoo will be safe but likewise, if he cannot control it, he is as good as gone.”

“So you are saying that either way, he might die?” Yixing demanded and his brother nodded. “Impossible! This is insane!” He stood up so suddenly and the book fell to the floor.

“Xing,” Yifan stood up as well.

“How can you act like you don’t care at all?! This is Kyungsoo we are talking about! Don’t you love him as well?!” Yixing demanded. He knows how cold his brother can be but he did not expect his brother to be his emotionless even after knowing what might happen to the red-headed male.

“Of course I love him!” Yifan raised his voice and slammed the table. “Goddammit, Xing. How can you say something like that? I love him and you know that, just like how I know how much you love him too. But there is nothing much we can do. We can run, but they will just keep haunting us. And we cannot run away from here because we promise to protect this town. What we need to do now is to be calm and think about the people and the pack because we are the alphas. We need to form a plan and I can’t do it without you.”

“But Kyungsoo might die.” Yixing blinked back his tears.

“No one is going to die.” Yifan let out a low growl before walking towards his brother and hugging him. “No one is going to die, Xing. No one.” He comforted his younger brother. He knew how emotional Yixing can be and he will always be there to comfort his brother. *Let’s just pray that they do not know the demon is in Kyungsoo.*

 

++

Kim Daeyoung smashed the glass he was holding onto against the wall before getting up from his seat. “Useless fool!” He kicked the poor male to the floor and stomped on him, using him to vent his anger on.

“Alpha! It wasn’t my instructions! It was from the GreyRaven pack!” The male tried to defend himself and his alpha stopped his assault.

“What? From the GreyRaven pack?” Daeyoung asked and the male got onto his knees before nodding.

“We listened to your instructions and we only spied on them but the GreyRaven started attacking them. And hunters were also involved. It seems like they were hired by the GreyRaven pack too.”

Daeyoung frowned in confusion. Why did his good friend and ally not discuss this with him first? They did not know the exact location

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter