They're back

The Abandoned Wolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER Fifteen

Sunday night went by in a flash with playing with the MoonStone pack members and soon it was already Monday. The DarkMoon pack have yet to return and Kyungsoo was a little worried about them. He knew he did not have to since they could protect themselves but his mind was constantly about them. Kyungsoo came to realise how close he was with the DarkMoon pack even though they have only known each other for around a month. He missed them already and wondered how they were doing.

“They are fine. They’ll be back soon.” Baekhyun tried to assure his friend as he stretched.

“Yea, you don’t have to worry about them. They can fight 100 hunters and still come out unharmed.” Jongdae exaggerated and the doe eyed boy's eyes grew twice its usual size.

“Hunters?” His voice went up 2 octaves, shocked and worried about the dangerous humans. He still remembered that time when the hunter tried to kill him and he would not be here talking to his friends if Yifan and Jongin did not save him. The poor boy was still traumatised by that incident. They noticed the fear in Kyungsoo’s voice and Zitao glared at his hyung while Baekhyun smacked Jongdae at the back of his head. “They will be alright, right?”

“Don’t worry.” Zitao told Kyungsoo and the smaller male bit his bottom lip. Yes, he should stop worrying. They are just out for a hunt like usual. Nothing should go wrong.

“Yes, don’t worry. Don’t forget that Yifan hyung, Jongin and Sehun can fight like they are some professional killers and although I hate to admit it but Chanyeol can fight better than me. Don’t worry about Suho hyung too. That guy might not look like it but he’s deadly when he fights.” Baekhyun softly patted Kyungsoo’s head, hoping to assure the boy that everything will be alright.

*Baek hyung’s right. They had no problem and nothing happened even before I came. They can totally take care of themselves.* Slapping his cheeks gently to snap out of his worries, Kyungsoo heaved a heavy sigh.

“Alright class! Time to gather!” Mr Kim bellowed and the students hurried to him. “Your NPFA is around the corner so we are going to practice your 2.4km run first.” He announced and groans echoed the gym.

“NPFA?” Kyungsoo looked at Zitao for explanations.

“NPFA stands for ‘National Physical Fitness Award’ and it’s an annual thing. It’s a test to ensure the teenagers are fit and you have to retake the test if you fail.”

“Okay, so the timing for human girls is 18 minutes, guys is 12 minutes. Try to come under that timing. For wolves, girls is 10 minutes and guys is 5 minutes.” Kyungsoo almost fainted when he heard the timing. How is he supposed to run 2.4km under 5 minutes? “Male shifters first.” Mr Kim took his clipboard and went out of the gym. The rest of the class followed him to the field, including Kyungsoo even though he was still shocked by the timing.

“We will run with you so don’t worry.” Jondgae patted Kyungsoo on his back when they reached the field of freshly cut green grass.

“Come under a minute if you are aiming for an A.” Mr Kim told the guys. One by one, the male shifters changed into their wolf form and some of the human girls were swooning at their beautiful wolf form. Baekhyun nudged Kyungsoo with his muzzle and the red-headed male looked at him before looking around and seeing that practically every single one of his classmates were looking at him, wanting to see how his wolf looks like. Zitao growled lowly and gave out a loud and short bark, asking the rest to look away so that Kyungsoo would not feel pressured. The doe eyed boy smiled a little and patted Zitao’s head along with a murmur of thank you before shifting.

Immediately, his senses strengthen by tenfold and he loved the smell of freshly cut grass and how they felt under his paws. The girls cooed and resisted the urge to run their hands

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter